• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Triple Espresso of Coffee Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Operations Dashboard for ArcGIS

...still shows 79 deaths and 160 recovered in Italy. Updated 3/4 1:22pm EST.

The death toll from an outbreak of coronavirus in Italy has risen by 28 over the past 24 hours to 107, the Civil Protection Agency said on Wednesday, with the contagion showing little sign of slowing. The accumulative number of cases in the country, which has been hardest hit by the virus in Europe, totalled 3,089, up from 2,502 on Tuesday.

The head of the agency said that of those originally infected, 276 had fully recovered versus 160 the day before.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arnold Festival Preps For Coronavirus As Competitors Gather In Columbus

Yeah. Check the 22,000 athletes.

But do nothing for the 200k+ spectators.

Or the thousands of marketing people selling their new take on steroids and HGH.

Or the prostitutes and drug dealers coming in. Like seriously, behind the Super Bowl and Political conventions, this is the largest human trafficking events in the country.

Meat-head-a-palooza is going to kill us all.

Follow up - they are cracking down. Announced today, the day before the event starts, that the Expo is cancelled and there will be no spectators allowed in the events.

But they are all already here. So instead of being confined to the downtown core and convention center, they will all disperse to the suburbs and malls looking for something to do.

ScratchyFrequentHorsefly-size_restricted.gif

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Response to all of your posts and questions from the previous page:

• Ugh, I hate Alex Trebek, but I don't wish death on the guy. Time to hang it up.
  • I hear Comeds on disillusionment, but I am hopeful of system change. We focus on lot on issues, but need to work more on structure (get rid of phillybuster, eliminate electoral colllege, age max on candidates, public funding for campaigns, etc.). The problems endemic in our system will only temporarily be outlasted by quality candidates when the system doesn't work. I should run for President. I get it.
  • A pandemic would ultimately be good for the world. Overpopulation being solved would solve so many other problems. #ThanosAintWrong Oh right, that's why I could never run for President. ;)
  • Italian coronavirus is structurally different only in the oregano genes.
  • Protestors who can't follow the rules suck. We have free speech but there is time and manner. Don't ruin railroad lines. Don't disrupt someone else's event. These people are dicks and sometimes terrorists and should be treated as such.
That's all I got. Be good to yourselves! Or don't, up to you (see: overpopulation).

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The death toll from an outbreak of coronavirus in Italy has risen by 28 over the past 24 hours to 107, the Civil Protection Agency said on Wednesday, with the contagion showing little sign of slowing. The accumulative number of cases in the country, which has been hardest hit by the virus in Europe, totalled 3,089, up from 2,502 on Tuesday.

The head of the agency said that of those originally infected, 276 had fully recovered versus 160 the day before.
Yeah, I know. I just thought the arcgis site would have been more timely updated than this.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Received this mailer today.

lol

Attachments

• 20200304_173649.jpg
    20200304_173649.jpg
    159.6 KB · Views: 7

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you lose your home state, that's pretty telling.
If Bernie has any chance he needs the votes she's taking. I'm cool with her staying through Super Tuesday but, like, it's over.

Bernie probably loses California had all the dropouts happened a week ago and Pocahontas stuck around. He needs all the help he can get at this point.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She's probably hanging out for the "what's in it for me?" phase. Biden and Sanders are both probably courting her endorsement.
She pretty much has to endorse Sanders though, no? If she suddenly turns around and is like "Centrism Forever!" and holds up Biden's free hand while the other one massages her lower back it'll be kinda weird.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She pretty much has to endorse Sanders though, no? If she suddenly turns around and is like "Centrism Forever!" and holds up Biden's free hand while the other one massages her lower back it'll be kinda weird.

Idealistically, yes. She has to be a Bernie bot.

But maybe she also realizes that if she really holds Biden's feet to the fire she might get a senior role and get into a position to actually make a difference.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But maybe she also realizes that if she really holds Biden's feet to the fire she might get a senior role and get into a position to actually make a difference.

I still really want to see the opportunity for her to be alone in a room with Pence.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I just don't see it. Even if she endorses Biden how many of her supporters are likely to see him as the closest match to their values? And what is Biden really likely to give her to drop out knowing that her staying in is working in his favour by splitting the hard-left vote?

/Maybe Biden is giving her something to stay in? Shrewd if so.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't see it. Even if she endorses Biden how many of her supporters are likely to see him as the closest match to their values? And what is Biden really likely to give her to drop out knowing that her staying in is working in his favour by splitting the hard-left vote?

/Maybe Biden is giving her something to stay in? Shrewd if so.

Yeah, that's what I mean by holding his feet to the fire. Staying in helps him so she is probably negotiating staying in. Especially since he seems to be the anointed one. Making a deal with Bernie is not going to pay as well long term.

Status
Not open for further replies.