• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trevor Siemian's Trade Value

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With everything that has transpired, and all the stories that have come out, I believe that the Broncos will definitely trade Trevor Siemian ..

Even if they are serious about an "open QB competition" - which I don't believe for a minute - we'll put the question aside for a minute whether the Broncos will trdae him or not .. Just out of curiosity, what do you think Siemian could bring back in a trade ??

I cannot see going into next season with Lynch on the bench again .. So the only time to trade Siemian would be prior to, or, during the draft, I would think ..

Give me draft position and or they type of player(s) and teams that could be involved and interested ..

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A bag of hockey pucks

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think he could garner a 4th round pick that could turn into a 3rd or 2nd given some conditional arrangement on the pick (like what eagles and vikings did with bradford

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Siemian has value - I expect him to return - and if traded - after TC.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he has 3rd-4th rd pick value. A couple of teams that could be interested:
Jets, Browns, Jaguars, Bears and 49ers.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he has 3rd-4th rd pick value. A couple of teams that could be interested:
Jets, Browns, Jaguars, Bears and 49ers.

I'd agree with this..

I am thinking 4th round. Or something like 4 and 6 or 7.

Mike A. S.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably a conditional 4th-Rd pick. But I don't see them trading him personally. Even if Lynch wins the job.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not expecting him to be traded either. Unless there is an offer too good to pass.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think maybe 4th round.

For teams looking for starters I don't think he will be in high demand, but for teams that would like to upgrade the backup spot, they should have several teams.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would guess around a 5th round pick. Teams around the league are not viewing his ceiling to be that high. I know all Bronco fans hate this name but he is viewed in the same light as Kyle Orton a few years ago. Quality back up with starting experience that can come in and win a few games if need be. While that is something teams are realizing is a need with a good chunk of starters missing some games every year still hard for teams to want to give up much in the draft.

I could see as others have said it being a conditional pick based on playing time. So starts out as a 5th and jumps up to maybe a 2nd if he starts the entire season for a team.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am going 4th based on the position he plays and now has a year of starting experience under his belt. To me he isn't worth trading and getting a 5th rounder in return with no proven QB on the roster and very little experience left on the roster. Which is why I don't think we trade him. But I don't care either way. Not a big Siemian fan, but QB experience speaks volumes in the NFL. Now if we gain a backup QB with experience behind Lynch or to challenge Lynch, because lets be honest we can't just give Lynch the job next year.. Then I would be ok with whatever, but no way I take a 5th for him unless we have something else on the roster.. His experience at QB is worth more than a 5th.

Conditional or multiple mid rounders make the most sense to me.. Conditional really is the only way to go with this one if we trade him. Which is the way majority of QB trades seem to go nowadays.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am going 4th based on the position he plays and now has a year of starting experience under his belt. To me he isn't worth trading and getting a 5th rounder in return with no proven QB on the roster and very little experience left on the roster. Which is why I don't think we trade him. But I don't care either way. Not a big Siemian fan, but QB experience speaks volumes in the NFL. Now if we gain a backup QB with experience behind Lynch or to challenge Lynch, because lets be honest we can't just give Lynch the job next year.. Then I would be ok with whatever, but no way I take a 5th for him unless we have something else on the roster.. His experience at QB is worth more than a 5th.

Conditional or multiple mid rounders make the most sense to me.. Conditional really is the only way to go with this one if we trade him. Which is the way majority of QB trades seem to go nowadays.

Here is how I understand it. The Broncos want to bring in a back up with starting experience. Most likely they will try to find a guy that has played with McCoy or Musgrave. They will also be a player known as a good mentor type that can help bring Paxton along. Then my guess is we use one of our mid-late round picks to get a QB in the draft and try to work on a system of developing QB's

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Make him change his name to Sam Bradford we'll get higher then a 4th for him.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Siemian a lot but I agree with DC: they're not going to just hand the keys to Lynch. So with that in mind maybe a Siemian trade isn't happening. I do think now is as good a time as any to move forward with Lynch and let the new staff develop the QB of the future. I also think it makes sense to see what we can get for Siemian now because if he sits on the roster as a #2 his value will be down next off season. I think a team like the 49ers may ante up as high as a 4th rounder for him.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before the draft like we are now 6th round.

After before preseason 4th or 5th.

Teams value draft picks so high right before the draft a team looking for veterans can clean up. For a team looking for a backup or starter competition that didn't find help in the draft they may pay higher.

All bets off though if Cleveland is interested then could be higher.

But I am thinking Tyrod Taylor, Fitzpatrick, and Jay Cutler will be available to drive the price down.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why wouldn't you just stay pat, pick up a qb in draft ( mid to late rd ) and let Trevor and Lynch fight it out ? Who the hell is out there or become available that promises a better upside than Trevor? Only scenario I see that would even remotely be deemed a possibility is Romo deal especially if Dallas makes SB. Dallas will get a backup to Dak who is certainly huge upgrade over Sanchez and Denver gets a qb who if he stays healthy can take this team to another SB and they ( Denver ) gets a great mentor for Lynch. Otherwise, I don't see any move that would trump keeping Trevor and seeing if Lynch has what it takes to win the job. Delay isn't stupid. He knows what's out there.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty weak QB class. We have our hands full developing Lynch right now. Elway likes drafting at least 1 QB a year it seems, but we either have to keep Siemian or bring in a vet who has experience if we are to trade away Siemian. We won't know if Lynch is ready until next PS most likely. He still has a ways to go.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty weak QB class. We have our hands full developing Lynch right now. Elway likes drafting at least 1 QB a year it seems, but we either have to keep Siemian or bring in a vet who has experience if we are to trade away Siemian. We won't know if Lynch is ready until next PS most likely. He still has a ways to go.
Agree DC but give me a vet that is or reasonably possible to be available for Denver that has even a decent resume that would be upgrade over Trevor. I'm serious. I've thought about it a nobody I can think of fits the bill. You ? There just is no decent options out there right now. It's a bummer but I think it's reality.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have to think a bit more on that. Nothing comes to mind off top of my head. I honestly will be pretty surprised if we trade Siemian unless we pick some QB like Romo up. Not shocked, but surprised unless we go out and get some QB where we left Lynch learn for another year or two behind.

It's hard to find a good starting QB in the NFL today, let alone a backup.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
....Unless the Texans want to draft another back-up...the last one was worth a pile of moola