• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tre Flowers

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know he wasn't playing as well for you guys as you would have wanted, but thank you thank you for letting him go. He has been a difference maker on our defense. He has been the guy that has been covering TE's for us and he has done a really good job of it. Last time we had him shadowing Kelce in the game we beat the Chiefs and he only allowed like 25-35 yards and a single TD on a high traffic play that gave Kelce got enough separation on to make a TD. He has been a special teams gunner (he did make a mistake sunday by running into the returner), but overall, he has been outstanding as a gunner on special teams but on punts and kickoffs. Him and Stanley Morgan have been our special teams aces.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys gave him a different role and helped him to succeed. Happy for you guys.

Sadly he became a scapegoat for a lot of our problems.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys gave him a different role and helped him to succeed. Happy for you guys.

Sadly he became a scapegoat for a lot of our problems.
I just wanted to say thank you. This was not meant to be a slight to your team in any way. He is a big reason we are where we are right now. I don't believe we beat KC in week 17 if not for him and then we may wind up losing to Cleveland and not even making the playoffs.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just wanted to say thank you. This was not meant to be a slight to your team in any way. He is a big reason we are where we are right now. I don't believe we beat KC in week 17 if not for him and then we may wind up losing to Cleveland and not even making the playoffs.
He was a college safety. PC tried one of his stupid repositioning projects that he is way too fond of and moved him to CB. All indications during his time in Seattle was that the repositioning was a failure. I have long proposed that it was a mistake and he should be moved back to safety.

I am happy for his success in Cincy, but I am surprised he is doing well. Good for him!

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know he wasn't playing as well for you guys as you would have wanted, but thank you thank you for letting him go. He has been a difference maker on our defense. He has been the guy that has been covering TE's for us and he has done a really good job of it. Last time we had him shadowing Kelce in the game we beat the Chiefs and he only allowed like 25-35 yards and a single TD on a high traffic play that gave Kelce got enough separation on to make a TD. He has been a special teams gunner (he did make a mistake sunday by running into the returner), but overall, he has been outstanding as a gunner on special teams but on punts and kickoffs. Him and Stanley Morgan have been our special teams aces.

Good for you guys... Flowers seemed like a good kid... Glad to see your coaching staff has an eye for putting people in position to be successful... His role with you guys suited him much better than a cover corner for the Hawks in the defense they run... Not having a pass rush contributed to his lack of success here as well... It definitely didn't help...

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flowers is a hard worker and he does the best he can. He is just not good enough to play CB and the Hawks are over loaded at Nickle and Safety. It was best for both to move on. Just don't play him as a staring CB :) A Nickle or back up safety or someone to throw out on a slower TE go for it he has the size and ability for success in a limited role.

No one here ever hated Flowers, he is who he is and he did well at times and even better than well some times for the Hawks. Glad he didn't just up and vanish from football. When you think about his Skillset size and now knowledge he would have made a fine Safety.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is quite an interesting development.

If he has been covering TEs, it seems you guys must be using him more as a safety/hybrid/nickel defender? He's listed as a corner on your roster, but in college he played safety and we moved him to outside corner and he was routinely torched defending WRs outside the numbers.

Happy for you guys and that's a good development to hear that you guys have found a way to use him in a productive role.

Rooting for your Bengals this weekend, best of luck!

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are the Bengals still playing him at corner? He's improved every year on missed tackles and seems to cover tight ends well which will help slow down Kelce. His passer rating given up with the Bengals wasn't too impressive with over a 63% completion percentage but I'm not sure where the Bengals were playing him or lining him up.

Either way, I don't think Seattle was really using him correctly. Should be fun to watch him and Kelce go at it.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are the Bengals still playing him at corner? He's improved every year on missed tackles and seems to cover tight ends well which will help slow down Kelce. His passer rating given up with the Bengals wasn't too impressive with over a 63% completion percentage but I'm not sure where the Bengals were playing him or lining him up.

Either way, I don't think Seattle was really using him correctly. Should be fun to watch him and Kelce go at it.

Over the past few years, is this a reflection of our coaching staff taking a step backwards in putting guys in position to succeed? Tre Flowers, Jamaal Adams, Dunlap, come to mind...

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Over the past few years, is this a reflection of our coaching staff taking a step backwards in putting guys in position to succeed? Tre Flowers, Jamaal Adams, Dunlap, come to mind...

Our positional coaches suck ass, when Aaron Curry is an assistant linebackers coach for 2021 you know things are bad.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our positional coaches suck ass, when Aaron Curry is an assistant linebackers coach for 2021 you know things are bad.

lol, I was so in love with Aaron Curry when we drafted him, I really thought he'd be something. Seattle was smart enough to cut him while there was no salary cap in place given Ruskell's stupid fully guaranteed contract at an insane amount for a linebacker.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, I was so in love with Aaron Curry when we drafted him, I really thought he'd be something. Seattle was smart enough to cut him while there was no salary cap in place given Ruskell's stupid fully guaranteed contract at an insane amount for a linebacker.
that draft was legitimately one of the worst in memory

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that draft was legitimately one of the worst in memory

That entire draft class was pretty terrible though. Curry was supposed to be the one 'GUARANTEED' stud, lol...

It was a decent center draft class though. Unger (great center, just couldn't stay healthy), Mack, Wood... good stuff there. Everything else kind of sucked outside of LeSean McCoy and Byrd lol.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That entire draft class was pretty terrible though. Curry was supposed to be the one 'GUARANTEED' stud, lol...

It was a decent center draft class though. Unger (great center, just couldn't stay healthy), Mack, Wood... good stuff there. Everything else kind of sucked outside of LeSean McCoy and Byrd lol.
Yeah literally everything Bobby Wagner is I thought Curry was going to be that and some. A straight up tackling machine, it seemed like he had no idea how to play football, opposing offenses would run a draw play and the RB would be running up the middle everybody trying to tackle him and Curry would still be trying to tackle the QB.