• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Training camp - non-QB thread

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couple of interesting moments today at camp...

Menelik Watson got beat on 2 straight plays by Von Miller. Coaches wanted to switch things up but Watson asked for one more try. Ended up holding his own.

Bolles did well in the run game especially. Opened up 2 huge holes for Anderson to score touchdowns during red zone drills. Once taking Crick for a ride straight down the LOS and the other pulling to the Center position and taking out both Crick and Marshall trying to make a play in the hole.

Defensively Roby has been looking really good. Had a nice interception today in the end zone and has been smothering in coverage.

The team is really challenging the LB's in coverage this training camp sending the RB's out on routes left and right. So far the RB's have been winning that battle.

Carlos Henderson has really struggled. Quite a few drops and a big fumble yesterday.

De'Angelo Henderson though has been a star. Chris Harris even talked about it today how impressed he is with the rookie.

The 3rd WR spot right now is Bennie Fowler's but Sunshine made some really nice catches today so could be a fun battle to the end.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Henry Kreiger-Coble cut?

Danny Mason re-signed.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Booker on PUP will help some of these guys but I don't see us keeping 5 RB's and 1 FB. I'm hoping Charles makes the team because I've always liked the guy and it would be great to stick it to Chiefs fans.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deanglo Henderson is turning heads
Carlos Henderson is turning stomachs

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Booker on PUP will help some of these guys but I don't see us keeping 5 RB's and 1 FB. I'm hoping Charles makes the team because I've always liked the guy and it would be great to stick it to Chiefs fans.
Going to look at Booker injury with " glass half-full instead of other way. If it had to happen, at least it was now instead of end of preseason or later. Same with Ray. :) Both have shot to contribute most of reg season at this point anyway.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hoping that Ray is in such great shape that this really helps him maintain during the season; he'll be able to workout more with a wrist injury that not anyway.

Booker I just hope we wont have to rely on him much anyway, if CJ is healthy, Jamal can play, and we have a cannonball in DeAngelo.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Booker injury will hurt more then many realize. I was looking forward to his growth in year two with a much better OL and he is by far our best receiver out of the backfield once he gets going. Fits our scheme to a TEE. Need him in there to compete and develop. I think he was gonna play a pretty big role moreso then you let on.

Now, that being said he shouldn't miss much of the regular season so that is good.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Booker injury will hurt more then many realize. I was looking forward to his growth in year two with a much better OL and he is by far our best receiver out of the backfield once he gets going. Fits our scheme to a TEE. Need him in there to compete and develop. I think he was gonna play a pretty big role moreso then you let on.

Now, that being said he shouldn't miss much of the regular season so that is good.

That is the big thing is to remember that while this injury slows down maybe some of his progress it hasn't fully ended his season either. Might take him a month into the season to get going. This is where Henderson and Charles have to step up their game and be those receiving options/3rd down type backs. I think both can do it just have to see to what level.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

True. The other positive with Booker is that he should be able to work his legs, run the plays without football,etc. Much better chance to stay in decent shape than lower body injury at least.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
man carlos henderson has been struggling but apparently looked better yesterday. maybe he's a pads guy? Always figured he would take a bit with his routes but hoping he can get it together

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well he will have a free pass for his rookie year as a 3rd rounder, but hopefully he is not the next Cody Latimer in Denver minus the great special teams play Latimer provides, but as an early WR pick.

Too early to worry though.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think VJ's energy out there is infectious. Good sign there too (though McDaniel has a lot of energy - come to think of it).

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
man carlos henderson has been struggling but apparently looked better yesterday. maybe he's a pads guy? Always figured he would take a bit with his routes but hoping he can get it together
He's fast but I did not see him do anything special yesterday. Guy I like is Marlon Brown who is a beast . No wonder they keep bringing him back hoping he can stay healthy.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hoping that Ray is in such great shape that this really helps him maintain during the season; he'll be able to workout more with a wrist injury that not anyway.

Booker I just hope we wont have to rely on him much anyway, if CJ is healthy, Jamal can play, and we have a cannonball in DeAngelo.

Add in our FB in the cannon mode .. I love him . I hope he gets 5 or so touches a game .

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isiah McKenzie is now wearing #84 since it became available when Coble was cut. He was previously wearing #5.

Ridley is wearing #4. Be funny if he goes into a PS game wearing #4 at the RB position.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isiah McKenzie is now wearing #84 since it became available when Coble was cut. He was previously wearing #5.

Ridley is wearing #4. Be funny if he goes into a PS game wearing #4 at the RB position.
Is Ridley and Pierce getting reps ?
What numbers we got for D'Angelo, D.Henderson and McKenzie ?