• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Training camp - non-QB thread

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Glad Gary is back in some capacity.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Little scrimmage tomorrow about 30 plays. Each QB will get 6 reps with the 1st and 2nd teams.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Little scrimmage tomorrow about 30 plays. Each QB will get 6 reps with the 1st and 2nd teams.

Thanks Chris

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
VJ said the games will be HUGE in the evaluation process because some players can't handle the spotlight This is another reason to call it a scrimmage on SAT to turn up the heat on the players..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
VJ said the games will be HUGE in the evaluation process because some players can't handle the spotlight This is another reason to call it a scrimmage on SAT to turn up the heat on the players..

This is where I see guys like McKenzie and Henderson starting to show in different directions. McKenzie to start off camp was the talk of the town. Once the pads went on his name disappeared. Today was the first day without pads and guess what his name showed up again. Henderson has been about opposite of that. Again still needs to work on figuring out the playbook. Some players just show up much more in games than they ever do in practice.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is where I see guys like McKenzie and Henderson starting to show in different directions. McKenzie to start off camp was the talk of the town. Once the pads went on his name disappeared. Today was the first day without pads and guess what his name showed up again. Henderson has been about opposite of that. Again still needs to work on figuring out the playbook. Some players just show up much more in games than they ever do in practice.
Yep ! And " some guys " who don't show up inn practice, never see a game also. ;)

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Todd Davis and TJ Ward both continue to sit out with injuries. Davis I guess had a separated shoulder. Not sure what his time table is to be back. Was having a very good camp before injury.

On the good side of things the entire starting OL is healthy and practicing again today and is expected to play in the game on Thursday unless there is a setback.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carl- You're correct. Some guys are not good practice players and some are.

Some players aren't good game players but are practice players.
It is very frequent.

I see it even with indoor football.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carl- You're correct. Some guys are not good practice players and some are.

Some players aren't good game players but are practice players.
It is very frequent.

I see it even with indoor football.

It is why the QB battle at this point is far from decided like many in the media have led fans to believe. Games will definitely play the biggest role in evaluation.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jets lose #1 WR Quincy Enunwa for the season.

Branden Albert retired, unretired and now appears to have retired again.

Brandon Flowers also retired. Honestly, always a big fan of him as he was one of the first players I had communication with, but I am happy for him. He had a lot of concussions. It was time.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, the Chiefs may have found yet again another great RB.. Too early to tell but Kareem Hunt is beating out Spencer Ware who looked pretty good last year.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, the Chiefs may have found yet again another great RB.. Too early to tell but Kareem Hunt is beating out Spencer Ware who looked pretty good last year.

Chiefs have also been without their 2nd pick from last year and 2nd round pick from this year because of injury so far this offseason. DL could be a concern for them.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mahomes is also said to be having a good camp. (Means nothing) sucks for me that they even have him as I sorta got addicted to him as my college fantasy stud the past two years.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mahomes is also said to be having a good camp. (Means nothing) sucks for me that they even have him as I sorta got addicted to him as my college fantasy stud the past two years.

I had heard opposite. They set the bar for his first preseason game that they would consider it a success if he can get the team lined up right. He is doing better than the Bears new toy who is struggling to take snaps from under center but I think Mahomes has had a very up and down camp from what I have heard.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've heard he's looked pretty good. Any rookie QB is gonna be a little up and down, but they like what they see early from him.

Tom Savage is blowing DeShaun Watson away right now. But he also has a year up on it... Mahomes surely won't be counted on to start barring injury so he has time to get all that lined up. He is making the throws the thought he was capable of. Now he just needs to get the game, playbook, scheme down etc. Keep in mind he comes from the air raid offense at Texas Tech which is way different then any offense he will ever sniff in the NFL, so he isn't going to come in right away and have the NFL system down. He's got a cannon but you knew when KC drafted him he was gonna need awhile to develop his tools. You don't get the best coaching when it comes to the air raid offense. It's more about slinging the ball around and short passes, quick offense and score. His cannon is going to be a weapon though if he puts it all together.

Last edited:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've heard he's looked pretty good. Any rookie QB is gonna be a little up and down, but they like what they see early from him.

Tom Savage is blowing DeShaun Watson away right now. But he also has a year up on it... Mahomes surely won't be counted on to start barring injury so he has time to get all that lined up. He is making the throws the thought he was capable of. Now he just needs to get the game, playbook, scheme down etc. Keep in mind he comes from the air raid offense at Texas Tech which is way different then any offense he will ever sniff in the NFL, so he isn't going to come in right away and have the NFL system down. He's got a cannon but you knew when KC drafted him he was gonna need awhile to develop his tools. You don't get the best coaching when it comes to the air raid offense. It's more about slinging the ball around and short passes, quick offense and score. His cannon is going to be a weapon though if he puts it all together.

Agreed he was/is viewed as a project QB. Pretty much just like Paxton coming out of big arm/athleticism that needs time to develop and if either of them can put it together that athleticism will make them tough to beat. There is a huge risk/reward with such a decision.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buzz from KC today is that Mahomes is shining. Doesn't mean muh but it's better then not shining I suppose.