• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Training camp - non-QB thread

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Appears the Dolphins have lost rookie LB Raekwon McMillian for the season. Tough loss for Miami. McMillian was impressing early and had locked up a starting job.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sammy Watkins to the Rams
EJ Gaines to the Bills
Ronald Darby to the Eagles
Jordan Matthews to the BIlls

Bills trade Sammy Watkins to Rams, acquire Matthews
I love the media ! " Mega Trades ! " , " Blockbuster trades ! " . Really ? Tell me again what Sammy's done so far in NFL career. Jordon Matthews ? Yeah he's been decent. 19 or so tds in three or so years ? Decent. Ask most fans if they knew Darby or who he played for before today. Silly. Rams will prob release or trade ( if they can ) Watson ( contract year ) after this season if he manages to finish it and Matthews will prob be somewhere else in 2018 too. Wow ! Blockbuster ! Please

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey! In the NFL where trading player for player is rare... Watkins has beeen very good when healthy but can't stay healthy. Darby was good as a rookie, but average last year. Matthews has declined after looking good early in his career. Not exactly a mega star deal, but pretty well known faces and don't see trades like this happen often. Blockbuster is really a term used for a reader to get excited. :)

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like drafting Lelie over Ed Reed

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey! In the NFL where trading player for player is rare... Watkins has beeen very good when healthy but can't stay healthy. Darby was good as a rookie, but average last year. Matthews has declined after looking good early in his career. Not exactly a mega star deal, but pretty well known faces and don't see trades like this happen often. Blockbuster is really a term used for a reader to get excited. :)
Yep! Had to run to bathroom I was so excited ! ;)

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just trade for Richardson already

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just trade for Richardson already

The injured - by and large - will be back around the beginning of the season. The problem - I see is - the Broncos are going to have to win early in this schedule - because it is brutal later in the season.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The injured - by and large - will be back around the beginning of the season. The problem - I see is - the Broncos are going to have to win early in this schedule - because it is brutal later in the season.
True. We're going to find out a lot about this team early in season. Although the schedule is tough, I believe the first 5 games, 4 are at home. 3-2 would be encouraging considering the competition. 4-1 would be very,very encouraging. Then they play 3 straight rd games I believe. If Denver is able to win 5 out of 8, I'd be ecstatic. Anything above that would be unbelievable, considering. A 3-5 record or worse could very well lead to back to back postseason failure. Not sure who posted this earlier ( maybe you Mingo ) but Denver should announce starting Qb after next game so they start getting full reps with the ones. This back and forth shit isn't helping anyone now. Let Lynch and Sloter fight it out for # 2 spot. That is not dig at Lynch, but let's face it, even the pro- Lynch guys are sceptical as to his development and chances to unseat TS. Give him ( TS ) full reps after next game and if he fails to perform early on in reg season, give Lynch the opportunity. Or Sloter. :)

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our opponents in the early part of the season have some of their own injury issues and Buffalo is reloading. With Zeke's suspension and the Chargers draft picks going down, I like the Broncos chances at home. Lord help us with the rest of the year if we don't get off to a really strong start at home.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. Unfortunately Denver showed teams their weakness last year and they will aim to exploit it early on in season. Run it down their throat and stack box on D and blitz the shit out of them. If Denver can show,early on, that that recipe ain't so good this year, then things will open up and they'll have at least decent shot at playoff spot. If that don't happen early on, might as well root for top 2018 draft pick. The boys in the trenches will dictate where Denver finishes this year.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. Unfortunately Denver showed teams their weakness last year and they will aim to exploit it early on in season. Run it down their throat and stack box on D and blitz the shit out of them. If Denver can show,early on, that that recipe ain't so good this year, then things will open up and they'll have at least decent shot at playoff spot. If that don't happen early on, might as well root for top 2018 draft pick. The boys in the trenches will dictate where Denver finishes this year.

Actually last year one of Siemian's best strengths was when teams blitzed him. He averaged only 5.5 yards per attempt when going against a standard 4 man rush. Against 5 that jumped to 7.9 yards and against 6 or more his jumped to 8.9 yards. Those 2nd 2 were top-10 in the NFL. That first number was 26th in the NFL. I think for him it made his reads much easier. That means 1-on-1 coverage and easy decision making of where to put the football.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually last year one of Siemian's best strengths was when teams blitzed him. He averaged only 5.5 yards per attempt when going against a standard 4 man rush. Against 5 that jumped to 7.9 yards and against 6 or more his jumped to 8.9 yards. Those 2nd 2 were top-10 in the NFL. That first number was 26th in the NFL. I think for him it made his reads much easier. That means 1-on-1 coverage and easy decision making of where to put the football.
Yeah but unfortunately Denver was in 2nd down or third down and 20 most of completions .. ;)

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My biggest issue with Siemian last year was he seemed to turn the ball over at the worst time. The guy just looked so lost and confused when we got inside the red zone.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My biggest issue with Siemian last year was he seemed to turn the ball over at the worst time. The guy just looked so lost and confused when we got inside the red zone.

I was disgusted with the entire Offense for the really crappy red zone production.