• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trading deadline

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a 12 months for "Matt Duffy"...

Named runner up NL ROY
DFA'd by the Astron
Suffered a strained Achilles tendon, placed on the DL and missed 2 months
DFA'd by the Rangers
Promised that his starting job will not be effected by the acquisition of Nunez
Traded to TB fir Matt Moore.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sorry for the powerwhine comment, uncalled for.

753 slg against RHB career
723 slg against LHB career

If that's mediocre, I'll take a bullpen of it.
No problem tzill, thanks for the apology. Trade day is emotional for all of us.

Could you explain the slg number as I'm not familiar with it (unless I am mis-reading slugging percentage here)?

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fox just graduated HS last year, so he us still 5 years off. I loved having him in the system, but a LOT can happen in 5 years. I am with moving him.

Mejia is just about ready, but had a CEILING of a #3, but more likely a 4/5 or bully arm. I am OK with losing him.

Santos is a prospect, but has been around for a while. He never really got on my radar. I am OK with losing him.

Susac was always a trade chip. He had been fully suplanted by Brown, with Garcia as the up-and-comer. I am OK with losing him.

Duffy is an every-man. He was the first rookie to ever win the Willie Mac. But let's be honest. He was swimming in the deep end of the pool. He is the modern day Eckstein. And Achilles injuries are not minor. I am OK with losing him.

Bickford... ouch. I can only assume that the organization had made the assessment that he was going to be a bully arm at best. I have a hard time thinking they would trade a future #2 for Jeremy Affeldt.
I agree with you on Fox, Santos, Duffy, and, to a lesser extent, Susac. Garcia has been injured most of the year so his status is kind of on hold. He wasn't hitting all that great in San Jose so I wouldn't say he overtook Susac. However, the Giants seem to be gambling that he will (the irony of prospects. One guy does well and becomes a trade chip. Another guy does mediocre and gets injured and yet makes the guy ahead of him a trade chip).

Where I disagree is on Mejia. He was looking good for AAA and the pitching staff there was looking a lot thinner than they were in March. With the combination of he and Bickford both gone, the farm looks a lot thinner on the cornerstone of this organization. That, in turn, I think makes Santos a bit harder to lose.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a 12 months for "Matt Duffy"...

Named runner up NL ROY
DFA'd by the Astron
Suffered a strained Achilles tendon, placed on the DL and missed 2 months
DFA'd by the Rangers
Promised that his starting job will not be effected by the acquisition of Nunez
Traded to TB fir Matt Moore.
And now we know why Gonor isn't gone-er.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm kind of meh on him too, would have preferred Abad. But I always defer to the fact that our FO knows what it's doing
I think Sabean earned that deferment but Evans, in my book, is more open to second guessing because, while he has been in the org for a while, his role as GM is new. People can make great decisions at one level of responsibility but then look like an idiot at the next level. I do, however, retract my comment of calling him an idiot. That I feel bad about. I'm not sure how I would feel if people took to the internet every time I made a decision in my line of work that others not in that line of work felt was poor.

fullxtension

Sensei
Hoopla Cash
$ 21,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to say that the trade I like the most is Beltran to the Rangers. My hatred for the Rangers was starting to drop a little but this puts them right back near the top of the list. So, thank you to the Rangers for adding another oxygen thief to your team so I can hate you the way you should be hated. :clap::clap:

fullxtension

Sensei
Hoopla Cash
$ 21,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And now we know why Gonor isn't gone-er.

We negected to mention that while he was "Traded to TB fir Matt Moore", TB already has an entrenched 3B, so now Duffman has to learn a new position. Welcome to the show, Duffman.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We negected to mention that while he was "Traded to TB fir Matt Moore", TB already has an entrenched 3B, so now Duffman has to learn a new position. Welcome to the show, Duffman.
He came up as a 2B/SS. Moving away from 3B should not be a problem. He can also become their Zobrist/Nunez...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This honestly reminds me a little bit of the Kent-Williams trade
Which trade?

In Williams/Kent, we traded 1 for a slew of guys (Kent being the #2 guy coming back). I dont see any of these trades equating...

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which trade?

In Williams/Kent, we traded 1 for a slew of guys (Kent being the #2 guy coming back). I dont see any of these trades equating...

Matt Moore. Not necessarily the guys per-say, but at the time that was a huge trade for Sabean, an unknown to Giants' fan. Williams was a fan favorite, and fans were generally pissed off at the trade. It ended up being a defining moment in Sabean's career.

This to me feels like that type of trade for Evans. Could be a career-definer.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Moore. Not necessarily the guys per-say, but at the time that was a huge trade for Sabean, an unknown to Giants' fan. Williams was a fan favorite, and fans were generally pissed off at the trade. It ended up being a defining moment in Sabean's career.

This to me feels like that type of trade for Evans. Could be a career-definer.
Are people pissed about the Moore trade, though? I am OK with that trade. The Smith trade leaves me scratching my head...

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are people pissed about the Moore trade, though? I am OK with that trade. The Smith trade leaves me scratching my head...

Hell yeah they are. Twitter is on fire about losing Duffy.

Maybe not here as much, but we don't exactly represent the fan base very well lol

BeerMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the best trade the Giants have made since trading for Jason Schmidt and John Vander Wal. I'm stoked, I see us wining another ring this year

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Sabean earned that deferment but Evans, in my book, is more open to second guessing because, while he has been in the org for a while, his role as GM is new. People can make great decisions at one level of responsibility but then look like an idiot at the next level. I do, however, retract my comment of calling him an idiot. That I feel bad about. I'm not sure how I would feel if people took to the internet every time I made a decision in my line of work that others not in that line of work felt was poor.

I don't think you need to apologize. Fan wrath is part of the job, and why they get paid a shitload to play a game.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to say that the trade I like the most is Beltran to the Rangers. My hatred for the Rangers was starting to drop a little but this puts them right back near the top of the list. So, thank you to the Rangers for adding another oxygen thief to your team so I can hate you the way you should be hated. :clap::clap:

How about a 2010 rematch this year....in play for sure