• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade Deadline Week - 2018

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you have ESPN Classic on?

No, I watched Toronto celebrate a regular season win like they were going to hoist Lord Stanley's Chalice in a few minutes.

BTW, was television even invented when the Laffs last won the cup?

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boston gave up a whole lotta nuthing in the Nash deal. The farm team is well stocked so losing one of the last picks in the 1st round ain't no big thing, Spooner blows and is incredibly soft and weak, the minor league d-man is so good no one has ever heard of him and a 7th(?) rounder in 2 years?

At the least Nash is a size, strength and skill upgrade over Spooner. Hopefully he shows up ready to skate his ass off because Cassidy will sit him if he doesn't.

My first instinct was to deride the deal as too much for Nash, but I don't know enough about the players to make that claim. I really need to start paying closer attention to the Bruins, as trading away Seguin and Hamilton pissed me off so much I stopped following the B's very closely.

Is giving up Belesky going to hurt? He and Spooner are the only names I recognized.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Test Tube back in Columbus via a brief stop in Nashville :D

Groo

Did you err ?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did HF crash or something?

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it did crash, back for a while then it crashed again.

Some interesting moves today; Think Boston overpaid for Nash. I expect Karlsson to be traded by Ottawa.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My first instinct was to deride the deal as too much for Nash, but I don't know enough about the players to make that claim. I really need to start paying closer attention to the Bruins, as trading away Seguin and Hamilton pissed me off so much I stopped following the B's very closely.

Is giving up Belesky going to hurt? He and Spooner are the only names I recognized.

Belesky would have been released if his contract wasn't such an albatross. He was playing in Providence because the Bruins owe him lots of $$$ and they were gracious enough to let him him try to get his game back in the minors.

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Belesky would have been released if his contract wasn't such an albatross. He was playing in Providence because the Bruins owe him lots of $$$ and they were gracious enough to let him him try to get his game back in the minors.

I'm still pissed at Chiarelli and Julien for running off Seguin, so my first instinct was to hate this trade. Now reading your posts and some other writers, I don't hate what the B's gave up.

Did I mention I hated the Seguin trade?

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard more than acouple times that he stuck around to play olympics and then retire

I guess if someone throws 1.25 shmill at u ... :noidea:

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Test Tube back in Columbus via a brief stop in Nashville :D

And a mighty roar went up from the crowd

yay

I like le test Tube. Certainly the kind of locker room presence we've been missing.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, if that was the price I am content with waiting until UFA for him to come home. 3 mid range assets and 2 picks? No thanks.

Jack Johnson will bring that average down.

I think the Rangers pulled in a bigger haul because they took an unwanted contract and ate half of Nashs salary. if it was just a straight up trade it would have been Spooner and 1st rounder or Prospect and the 1st rounder. I also like the trade if they want to they can probably get some seconds or thirds for Spooner.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Also from what I hear they would have a hard time paying Spooner anyway so if it help make the trade why not. As a Rangers fan I like it. Even if it is a very low pick the Rangers farm system is dessert dry so they need prospects.