• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade Deadline Week - 2018

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^^

animateddo_82oerdq4.gif

Or seeing as it's the Leafs I can hope it's more like:

tumblr_mxkn1bWXhu1qdlh1io1_400.gif

:dhd:

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Things that don’t make any sense: Ottawa is willing to move Karlsson but mandates that any trade have Ryan attached. Wouldn’t that just torpedo the return on Karlsson?

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Things that don’t make any sense: Ottawa is willing to move Karlsson but mandates that any trade have Ryan attached. Wouldn’t that just torpedo the return on Karlsson?

It actually made sense to me. By sending Ryan as well, OTT accomplishes two things. First, they reduce their own salary cap and therefore future cash requirements. Second, (unless you are Arizona or Florida) taking on Ryan's albatross contract makes it that much more unlikely you can resign Karlsson. Which means OTT "may" have a better chance at resigning Karlsson after next year.

#callmeEugene

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It doesn't make much sense. I'm 90% sure it's total bullshit, or a way for Dorion to tell other GMs to fuck off without actually doing it.

I say 90% because Melnyk is never a sure bet to not do something completely crazy.

WHEN he trades Karlsson the backlash is going to be epic. It'll happen in the summer. I just hope the backlash is enough to force Melnyk to go back to being a Leafs fan and drinking in Barbados.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the Caps are all in this year!!!
I have a feeling that's going to be the best thing I read all day.

The Baltimore-Washington corridor is abuzz with talk of Jakub Jerabek right now!

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read somewhere that the Habs were telling teams calling about Andrew Shaw (among them Winnipeg) that he's not available.

By my count, if Ottawa does actually go ahead and trade Karlsson and totally fuck it up that would mean 4/7 GM's in this country are batshit crazy.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read somewhere that the Habs were telling teams calling about Andrew Shaw (among them Winnipeg) that he's not available.

By my count, if Ottawa does actually go ahead and trade Karlsson and totally fuck it up that would mean 4/7 GM's in this country are batshit crazy.

Everyone should be available. Shaw more than some others. I can think of three players I would consider relatively untouchable and I would still move them if a great deal came up.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone should be available. Shaw more than some others. I can think of three players I would consider relatively untouchable and I would still move them if a great deal came up.

Are they Jeff "rich man's Subban" Petry, Brendan "I'd rather keep him than Subban" Gallagher and Shea "I traded Subban for him" Weber?

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are they Jeff "rich man's Subban" Petry, Brendan "I'd rather keep him than Subban" Gallagher and Shea "I traded Subban for him" Weber?
I'd think Price, Weber, and Drouin.

Price because hes still really good, probably would be good for a few more years but if a blockbuster offer came I would probably take it.
Weber's contract makes it hard to get a good return on him.
I'd keep Drouin more than the other two just for size, age, and potential....

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd think Price, Weber, and Drouin.

Price because hes still really good, probably would be good for a few more years but if a blockbuster offer came I would probably take it.
Weber's contract makes it hard to get a good return on him.
I'd keep Drouin more than the other two just for size, age, and potential....

Oh for sure. Weber is still decent too.