• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tracy Claeys gone

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've heard Chip would rather stay as OC in NFL

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minnesota is a dumpster fire.

Players just said it doesn't matter who they hire as coach, they refuse to play for the administration. Players say mass exodus is coming.

Admin firinig Claeys probably further pissed these players off.

Then, Claeys said "Enjoy the winter" as he leaves the sports complex LOL
Thats why its perfect for Chip he can bring in all the thugs he and willie lyles want to

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weather sucks but Minny has a beautiful field and locker room to sell recruits. Fleck or Miles either one would be a great move if either wants that current mess to deal with but.... I never dreamed Baylor would get a guy like Rhule either so... money talks I reckon.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never dreamed Baylor would get a guy like Rhule either so...
Definitely a head scratcher. Heard their AD wanted him at Mizzou but that one didn't work out.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minnesota is a dumpster fire.

Players just said it doesn't matter who they hire as coach, they refuse to play for the administration. Players say mass exodus is coming.

Admin firinig Claeys probably further pissed these players off.

Then, Claeys said "Enjoy the winter" as he leaves the sports complex LOL

That was great that last part. Add in that he said just before that "I'm done freezing my butt off up here" lololololol

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So was he fired solely for political reasons?

He just on 9 games at Minnesota with a massive distraction and a quarterback that was a bit iffy on that whole "forward pass" thing, and it easily could have been 10 or 11 wins if they held on @Penn State and against Iowa.

It didn't have fuck all to do with on the field performance.

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also they're at an odd point for the program

Winning, but raping.

He'll brainwash the shit outta a kid. Have em living the ELITE lifestyle quickly.

They don't have the big program or storied history that would oppose his cultural takeover.

Technically, they have massive, blue blood tradition and history. Minnesota has won more AP national championships than Michigan, Texas, Florida, Florida State, Penn State, Tennessee and Auburn. You just have to go waaay back.

The school had some very anti-sports administrations for several decades is why it fell off so bad.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Technically, they have massive, blue blood tradition and history. Minnesota has won more AP national championships than Michigan, Texas, Florida, Florida State, Penn State, Tennessee and Auburn. You just have to go waaay back.

The school had some very anti-sports administrations for several decades is why it fell off so bad.
Those are from the Laura Ingalls era though, right?

(I see they lost the 1960 Rose Bowl, finished 8-2 and won a Natty. While Missouri and Ole Miss didn't lose and Washington went 11-0. That's just weird. )

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fleck and Claeys coached together at Northern Illinois in 08 and 09.

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

(I see they lost the 1960 Rose Bowl, finished 8-2 and won a Natty. While Missouri and Ole Miss didn't lose and Washington went 11-0. That's just weird. )

My understanding is back in the day the AP voted before bowls and nobody really cared about the outcome of them. It was just a vacation with an exhibition game at the end.

Gopherfan84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With all due respect for the job Fleck did at Western Michigan this season, I think hiring him would be a Brewster-level mistake. I don't think Fleck is ready for a P5 job yet. Let him prove himself for another couple of seasons first.

Harsin from Boise St. and Bohl from Wyoming are a couple names I've heard in a few places as potential candidates.

Personally, I'd like to see us go for Miles. I think he'd be a solid fit here. No way Kelly comes here--his style wouldn't fit here or in the B1G.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With all due respect for the job Fleck did at Western Michigan this season, I think hiring him would be a Brewster-level mistake. I don't think Fleck is ready for a P5 job yet. Let him prove himself for another couple of seasons first.

Harsin from Boise St. and Bohl from Wyoming are a couple names I've heard in a few places as potential candidates.

Personally, I'd like to see us go for Miles. I think he'd be a solid fit here. No way Kelly comes here--his style wouldn't fit here or in the B1G.
Kelly would do fine at Minn and plenty of other Big 10 schools.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1934 1935 1936 National Champions

<<<<<<<<<<This guy in my avi was the Quarterback of those teams.

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Gopher administration gets a reputation for being toxic to coaches & staff (even if it really isn't a toxic situation), then potential candidates are going to turn down job offers.

Penn State OC Joe Moorhead apparently turned down the Minnesota head coaching job:

Report: Penn State's Moorhead turns down Minnesota job

After only one season as the Nittany Lions OC/QB coach, it's quite impressive what Moorhead has accomplished at Happy Valley. The administration at Penn State needs to do everything they can to hold onto Moorhead for another couple years at least.

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like an opening for Art Briles may have just raised its ugly head.