• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Toughest schedule in history?

kingbd1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So king what happened to A &M this year. Mouth guys used to be pretty good when you played in a conference without Bama.

And BTW, you could not even beat a team from Mississippi this year. How do think you can compete with the inbreads.

Great, someone who asks a legitimate question or two finally.

As far as A&M and what happened to us this year. We lost a bunch of seniors from last year and have a pretty young team. We lost our two best defensive players before the season because they decided a life of crime better fit their lifestyle. We started off with a bang but had a brutal case of the injury bug and still haven't recovered from it. Losing Johnny Football to the NFL didn't help matters any either. We started an inexperienced redshirt soph QB who started off good but then went all to hell psychologically. Dude went off the deep end basically. He was found passed out in a planter outside a bar and he is underage. We have a true freshmen starting now who can be pretty good down the line because he was the #1 rated QB coming out of HS...but he is still a freshmen, too.

Our DC who just got canned a year too late played some ignorant schemes, especially for the type of opponents you face in the SEC. He put a young defense in positions where it was hard to compete such as having corners 7 yards off the line and putting a 3 man front on 3rd and 1. We've got some good young talent but need a DC who will play aggressive and put people where they should be on the field. Spatval sucks balls too and I am sorry that we took him from you guys. He tries to be too cute or cerebral or whatever the hell you want to call it. He is too young and he is in over his head. He could get two first downs in a row on the ground and then decide it is a good time to call a screen behind the LOS and then an out pass to a WR behind the LOS again. He is scared of using the middle of the field or trying to stretch the defense with a few tosses down the field so most teams figured out of you put 8 or 9 men in the box, we aren't going to do too well. It got so bad Sumlin had to call plays the 2nd half vs LSU, which is when we came back and made a game of it.

Bottom line is we have some great talent and Sumlin has brought in the best overall players that we have had since our heydays in the 80's and 90's. He coaches like a CEO so we really need some coaches at DC and OC who can do a great job. We've been a Jekyll and Hyde team all year long too so as far as playing WVU, if the team that smoked SC and upset AU shows up, we have a good chance of winning....but if the team that almost lost to ULM and got obliterated by Bama shows up then we're going to have a long hard day in the Liberty Bowl.

As far as being good in the B12, we actually haven't been very good since back in 1999. Our best team this millennium was a couple of years ago in our first year in the SEC when we finished #5 in the nation.

In regards to the Mississippi teams, have you seen where they are ranked this year? Higher than WVU maybe? We've gotten the better of them overall since we moved to the SEC but this year both teams are loaded with Seniors and are pretty damn solid teams. I think they will go back to being Mississippi teams again next year but this year, they are pretty good teams.

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice response King.

You will find that WVU has a very good Defense this year. The only real weakness there is our pass rush. The 3-3-5 is odd for teams to prepare for, so your QB will be getting some different looks. If you keep the blitzers off the QB, our CBs tend to let guys open after 6 or seven seconds.

If Trickett is healthy, you won't be able to stop our offense. Good thing for you is that our offense often stops itself with fumbles, interceptions, and dropped balls. If our -18 turnover ratio was +18, we would be in the playoff right now. We have not lost a game this year when we have had a positive turnover ratio.

those Mississippi teams would not be so good if you guys would have taken care of business. Your team has really fallen off the map this year.

I like the matchup though. We have a former B12 team going up against a replacement B12 team. You have better athletes, at least recruiting star wise on the field, but there will be some good matchups. Kevin White is a beast, and you better have someone who can cover him.

stillmatic32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think sometimes you lads walk around with a chip on your shoulder. Ole King can have a good football conversation without having to prove who has the longest dong. Just the same, if you want to get in a pissing match, I can always play. I figured you boys would want to shoot the shit a little about the upcoming game rather than play ring around the roses. I suppose you lads probably eat a few too many paint chips though...or else you're simply just living proof of the damage that inbreeding can do to the human brain.

Anyone who is capable of going third person on himself, putting Ole in front of his name and saying longest dong in one sentence is OK in my book.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off… who cares about Iowa? This is a WVU board…

Secondly… the article is clearly dated, and the author includes both ranking at game day and current ranking as of the date of the article… Dec. 3rd. The author did not write this at the end of the season… since the season has yet to end.

If you're going to critique… at least do so with proper logic.

I will agree that WVU had one of the toughest SOS of the season. I was too quick to respond when I saw "Toughest schedule in history" title and actually replied the Iowa schedule before reading the article. Then I read the article and was too late to change my post.

The thing I don't like in the article is that he takes into account of game day rankings when talking about past seasons. Even with two games left to play this year, the final result is more comparable than "game day" rankings. I think it could even help his point that this is the toughest season.

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I prefer to use the game day rankings, at least after the first 3 or 4 games to root out the SEC bias. Some teams improve as the year goes on and some teams get hurt by injuries.

Look at Ohio State. They improved greatly during the season. They are much better now then when they played Virginia Tech.

On the other side, look at Oklahoma. After losing Trevor Knight, they were not the same team. Had we got them at the end of the season, it would have been a much different game.