• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Toughest schedule in history?

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember how scared some were that WVU was starting the season against Bama.

All the injuries and poor mental scars it would cause…

DBAR4WVU

Blue & Gold until I die
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of our 5 losses, K St and TCU were the most disappointing. Those could have/should have gone into the win column.

'Bama and Oklahoma - I agree we played toe-to-toe, for the 1st 3 qtrs at least.
In the 4th, their huge O-Lines and Tight-end sized big backs ran the ball down our throats against our undersized and over-tired Defense.

Texas, of all of the losses - is the only game where I felt we did not match them.
They were prepared for us and pushed us around the field on both sides of the ball.
We had some good drives and stopped them on some drives, but overall they beat us up.

I was very surprised when TCU then simply kicked their butts. Why couldn't we? :noidea:
I thought they were better than they showed agains the frogs.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't WVU dominate the second half of the Texas game? While WVU made too many TO's to beat TCU in the end… WVU was still in position to win the TCU game.

Why wouldn't you expect TCU to dominate Texas if WVU could do so?

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should have beaten BAMA...by two touchdowns...8 dropped passes 3 of those TD's.....

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that was what impressed me all season....we were in every game.

Everyone wants to harp on Texas ok one game where we played lousy....every other game we fought with the best of them.

kingbd1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could have played 6 Top 25 teams like A&M did lads.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Toughest in history is hard to qualify. We now complain about a three hour plane trip being hard, what about three day train trip to Cal? There was a time when psu, sPitt, and Cuse were top ten teams. Hard to go by rankings as they used to only do 20, we certainly played a tough schedule this year, but I was disappointed a few times, we had TCU, and gave it away, same with KSU, Oklahoma turned out to not be as good as we thought, and Texas came to play. At least we ruined one of those top teams season.......

kingbd1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yeah...and we didn't lose to an unranked team like you did....just sayin'

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yeah…and we didn't lose to an unranked team like you did....just sayin'

Good point. I forgot y'all beat AU. After that 59-0 beatdown by Bama, I thought the Aggies were done for the rest of the season.

Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess we are going to have to listen to all these Ass To Mouth fans for the next couple of weeks.

I remember when we joined the Big12 and all the others said they sure were glad to rid of those lame ass fans.

kingbd1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was tough to watch. We got up off the floor though and regrouped. We've had our fair share of tough luck this season between injuries, suspensions, arrests, more injuries, a QB that went off the deep end, a crappy OC that we stole from WVU, and an even more awful DC. Honestly, I am real surprised we won 7 games...and by the way, if we play the game of how many ranked teams did you play and count it how you cats are counting your 5 games against ranked opponents (when OU isn't ranked anymore but they were when you played them) then you could say we played 7 because South Carolina was Top 10 before we knocked them out of the polls.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome to the BIG XII!

I think its great for the WVU program. Are you guys not happy to be out of the Big Least?

We just need to add a couple of teams out east to help you guys out with local games and this conference will continue to get better. Morgantown is no easy joint to play in and I can't wait till I make the trip.

kingbd1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess we are going to have to listen to all these Ass To Mouth fans for the next couple of weeks.

I remember when we joined the Big12 and all the others said they sure were glad to rid of those lame ass fans.

Lame ass fan???? LMAO. I know you have probably never step foot outside of your trailer park there Hambone Hollar there in WV but make a trip to College Station some time lad and come to Kyle Field and then tell me all about those lame ass fans. What a maroon!

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
king… you be a SEC homer now. Too funny…

Yeah… the Aggies beat WVU in number of games against ranked opponents. Big fucking deal… I think Sagarin had the Aggies SOS ranked #5 and WVU finished with an SOS #9. So… not much difference.

The article was written on Dec. 3rd, so it ain't like he was trying to stack the numbers in WVU's favor.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome to the BIG XII!

I think its great for the WVU program. Are you guys not happy to be out of the Big Least?

We just need to add a couple of teams out east to help you guys out with local games and this conference will continue to get better. Morgantown is no easy joint to play in and I can't wait till I make the trip.

I tailgated with a bunch of OU fans at this year's game in Morgantown. I think they were having a great time. Many of them had come to Morgantown a couple of years ago too.

I love being in the Big 12. It is great for all sports programs, and I think every sport is showing improvement as more money is coming in to help. WVU will be starting a huge investment plan in facility upgrades next year which include football, basketball, tennis, track and field and swimming. A new baseball stadium will open this spring.

kingbd1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't recall bringing up the SEC yet in this conversation ole buddy. I didn't downgrade your schedule either. If you're gonna cry wolf at least have some sound reasons for it. I was just noting that we played a tough schedule too.