• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 schedule wasn't that easy.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok. So, you are firing JDR and EB too after a playoff win? You said Harris wants to hire his own folks. Technically JDR and EB are not Harris' folks. Doesn't winning a playoff game bring more fans in to make money and bring more interest to the team?

Sadly, EB and JDR would likely be casualties of war. Although IMO there's more than meets the eye with the EB hire. I don't believe he takes this job, if he wasn't promised multiple years. If home field advantage isn't involved winning a playoff game doesn't really do a ton of good for "this" franchise. We are waaay beyond that. Interested fans are great, happy fans with their butts in seats is better. So here are the cliff notes, RR is fired unless he makes/wins the superbowl. Typically this would mean new OC, DC, STC as well. But I'm speculating EB is safe, no matter what happens

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say Rivera the GM is worse than Rivera the coach. That being said, is there another coach in the NFL currently employed who has had 5 straight losing seasons? Dean has not named one.

He is going into year 4 without having identified and developed his QB. That is unforgivable.

Totally agree. I'd also say, unless instructed by the NFL, starting Wince versus the Browns with a historic playoff chase on the line....was unforgivable too.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It depends on what happens this season. The defense looks great. IF Howell can play well, we should be in the playoffs. Do you give another win total prediction after preseason? Even gk said over 6.5 wins this year.
It’s too early , I don’t want to see some pre season games

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fan base better understand life as we know it will be over when new ownership takes over . No one will be safe

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if RR were to get a win against a poor playoff team and then lose 38-7 in the second round, you believe that is an improvement and warrants RR keeping his job?
No as I clearly said I'm not so sure anymore that one playoff win is enough to save his job. But to answer the first question obviously winning a playoff game, their first in 17 years, is improvement regardless of what happens the following week.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But you believe it won't save RR job. I say it will. So a winning season and a playoff win doesn't keep RR here for you. got it! DG also say he agrees with me on the playoff win. you disagreed.

Again I agreed with you that a playoff win would be improvement. Given it has not happened in years I don't see how that is debatable. But again I never said I believe one playoff win will be enough to save RR, as I said I had originally believed this, now I'm not so sure.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again I agreed with you that a playoff win would be improvement. Given it has not happened in years I don't see how that is debatable. But again I never said I believe one playoff win will be enough to save RR, as I said I had originally believed this, now I'm not so sure.

I know. you agreed the playoff win is an improvement. gk disagrees that a playoff win would be an improvement.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sadly, EB and JDR would likely be casualties of war. Although IMO there's more than meets the eye with the EB hire. I don't believe he takes this job, if he wasn't promised multiple years. If home field advantage isn't involved winning a playoff game doesn't really do a ton of good for "this" franchise. We are waaay beyond that. Interested fans are great, happy fans with their butts in seats is better. So here are the cliff notes, RR is fired unless he makes/wins the superbowl. Typically this would mean new OC, DC, STC as well. But I'm speculating EB is safe, no matter what happens

EB got a 2 year deal. Im not sure on JDR current deal. I know your stance now. Pretty harsh if you ask me. We will see what happens.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did not say that. I said a playoff win does not mean the team improved. You need to get your understanding right.

i know you did, DG and I feel a playoff win would mean the team improved. His post was #106.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i know you did, DG and I feel a playoff win would mean the team improved. His post was #106.

Simply put you are wrong. A playoff win is an improved result…that may not be an improved team.

We were 8-8-1 last season. If we go 7-10 this season, win the division, beat another team that is missing their starting QB in round 1, and then lose 38-7 against a real team, have we improved as a team or did we just have improved results by circumstance?

DG, please feel free to comment so junior here will shut up.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simply put you are wrong. A playoff win is an improved result…that may not be an improved team.

We were 8-8-1 last season. If we go 7-10 this season, win the division, beat another team that is missing their starting QB in round 1, and then lose 38-7 against a real team, have we improved as a team or did we just have improved results by circumstance?

DG, please feel free to comment so junior here will shut up.

excuse me? DG agreed with me about the playoff win. He says it in post #105. You even liked it. Regardless I feel we are an improved team with a playoff win this year. You can think what you want.

Last edited:

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EB got a 2 year deal. Im not sure on JDR current deal. I know your stance now. Pretty harsh if you ask me. We will see what happens.

Dean we are answering the questions within your parameters. If you are trying to sway a vote, simply change the settings. Here's how to get what you want...In Dean voice "guys, if the commanders lead the league in scoring, have a top 5 defense, get 11 wins, but lose in the 2nd round of the playoffs, do you keep Ron around?"

People still may say no, but....you may get less "harsh" responses

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dean we are answering the questions within your parameters. If you are trying to sway a vote, simply change the settings. Here's how to get what you want...In Dean voice "guys, if the commanders lead the league in scoring, have a top 5 defense, get 11 wins, but lose in the 2nd round of the playoffs, do you keep Ron around?"

People still may say no, but....you may get less "harsh" responses

not trying to sway anything. Just wanted posters opinions if we win a playoff game would it save Rons job.. Kind of simple. Alot of posters on here already have him fired no matter what he does this year. thats harsh

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like you're convinced he surpasses his 7-8 win ceiling, makes the playoffs, and wins a postseason game.
That would be the absolute worst scenario. When the skins battled the bucs, it gave us hope, false hope. The only beneficiary was Taylor. Rivera was allowed to continue his mediocrity

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like you're convinced he surpasses his 7-8 win ceiling, makes the playoffs, and wins a postseason game.
That would be the absolute worst scenario. When the skins battled the bucs, it gave us hope, false hope. The only beneficiary was Taylor. Rivera was allowed to continue his mediocrity

I dont care how we get into the playoffs. The #1 goal of the regular season is to get into the playoffs. If that playoff berth produces a win. Hell yea, Im happy. Don't get me wrong, im not happy with RR either but it's just my personal opinion that if he wins a playoff game, Harris won't fire him. You guys can disagree that's fine with me.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont care how we get into the playoffs. The #1 goal of the regular season is to get into the playoffs. If that playoff berth produces a win. Hell yea, Im happy. Don't get me wrong, im not happy with RR either but it's just my personal opinion that if he wins a playoff game, Harris won't fire him. You guys can disagree that's fine with me.

Same here Dean, I've got no problem with you feeling I'm harsh saying its superbowl or bust. Check this out though...if this franchise's #1 regular season goal is just the playoffs, something has to change. Imo it should be winning the division and then winning the superbowl....even if it doesn't seem possible

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
excuse me? DG agreed with me about the playoff win. He says it in post #105. You even liked it. Regardless I feel we are an improved team with a playoff win this year. You can think what you want.

You don’t seem to understand nuance. Let DG answer my question as laid out. An improved result is not the same thing as an improved team.

1685064969384.jpegPoor Dean

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Typically new owners want to install their own people. I suspect Harris already has a person in mind for GM .... I think Harris's MO with teams who owns now is to hire a GM and let the GM hire a HC. I expect the same once this year is over.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same here Dean, I've got no problem with you feeling I'm harsh saying its superbowl or bust. Check this out though...if this franchise's #1 regular season goal is just the playoffs, something has to change. Imo it should be winning the division and then winning the superbowl....even if it doesn't seem possible

of course, the goal is going to the Super Bowl. Im just not onboard with firing RR with a winning season and playoff win. Its an improvement. Never had a playoff win in 18 years.