• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Top run stuffers in NFL

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if Bucky would like to reevaluate his thoughts on this article?

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was obviously before the start of the season when Austin's defense gave everyone the illusion that Suh was a run stopper. The last 4 weeks have proven thats all it was.

As far as what it says about paying a guy 100+ mil it is more a blotch on how bad Miami's management is then how good the player is. Thankfully, there is still a few teams out there who run their organization worse than the Lions. Saved us 20 mil a year.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was obviously before the start of the season when Austin's defense gave everyone the illusion that Suh was a run stopper. The last 4 weeks have proven thats all it was.

As far as what it says about paying a guy 100+ mil it is more a blotch on how bad Miami's management is then how good the player is. Thankfully, there is still a few teams out there who run their organization worse than the Lions. Saved us 20 mil a year.

20 million is rich but I would still give Suh 15-17 a year. Even with the Dolphins rough start.

In the end, Suh is a star that sells tickets and Jerseys. His marketability is worth it.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So was him being a run stuffer in Detroit an illusion? Suh is a mutha fuggin magician if so.

Everybody is talking scheme about the offense. Austin's scheme and the right 11 guys made that defense. A defense that is missing three of the front four and a very strong rotational guy. A LB who was their leading tackler the last few seasons.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Article not from ProFootballFocus? Skip.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So was him being a run stuffer in Detroit an illusion?
The Illusion is -- He was great for ONE YEAR against the run. You just fail to see a fault in your hero. He averaged 5 run stuffs thru his 1st 4 years. In Austin's scheme, he had 13 and turned into one of the best DT's against the run. He had a TEAM behind him who were all good against the run, including a playmaker at LB in Levy and DE's who played the run extremely well.

Have you figured out yet why I was so willing to make a lifetime avatar wager even though Detroit was without Levy, faced a much tougher schedule and much better running backs?

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you figured out yet why I was so willing to make a lifetime avatar wager even though Detroit was without Levy, faced a much tougher schedule and much better running backs?

Because I mind fucked you into talking about Suh everyday of your life, like the predictable troll that you are.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Ivory is a 226lb. Beast. Suh got one arm on him. Let's give Ivory some credit.

The Lions have 2 guys making more than Suh on the roster, and they have 0 wins. But the Rainbros just want to talk about Miami.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because I mind fucked you into talking about Suh everyday of your life, like the predictable troll that you are.

Did you? I think it was me who mind fucked you into taking the bet. I tried to tell you Suh wasn't that good against the run and but you let your man crush get in the way.

You have been my own personal entertainment for over a month now. My favorite part -- Miami is even worse than I thought they'd be against the run. They are not only dead last in the NFL -- they are dead last by a LANDSLIDE.

I told you Suh was going to have a hard time stopping the run with you swinging from his nuts. Maybe let them go for second and see how he does. Maybe he will get a stop before the team is down 27-7 and the game is over already.:pound:

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Ivory is a 226lb. Beast. Suh got one arm on him. Let's give Ivory some credit.

The Lions have 2 guys making more than Suh on the roster, and they have 0 wins. But the Rainbros just want to talk about Miami.

Thankfully the Lions were smart enough not to throw away 19 million dollars on a DT. I think that move alone will save Mayhew's job. He may even get votes for GM of the year.

You see how well the move worked for Miami. They have defense that not only ranks dead last against the run, but now ranks worse than the Lions in total defense.

Detroit Lions defense without Suh AND Levy > Miami's defense WITH Suh:pound:

MTP

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
20 million is rich but I would still give Suh 15-17 a year. Even with the Dolphins rough start.

In the end, Suh is a star that sells tickets and Jerseys. His marketability is worth it.
If he doesn't get sacks or tackles, how long will he remain a star?

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Illusion is -- He was great for ONE YEAR against the run. You just fail to see a fault in your hero. He averaged 5 run stuffs thru his 1st 4 years. In Austin's scheme, he had 13 and turned into one of the best DT's against the run. He had a TEAM behind him who were all good against the run, including a playmaker at LB in Levy and DE's who played the run extremely well.

I've never treated him as my hero. I wish some of you horn blowers would speak about being wrong also... Never happens though. I will tell you what I figured out in a thread. Still 12 games left so don't toot the horn to quickly. Injuries can change anything. With the pass rush we have nobody needs to run against them. Let me guess you also factored that into your bet?

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey @TrustMeIamRight you said The run defense would not miss a beat with Ngata. I figured same thing to a extent because he just gets doubled up also. How's this working out so far.

About the same as Stafford suckering me in with three strong showings in preseason. I was ready to eat crow. I was wrong again.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey @TrustMeIamRight you said The run defense would not miss a beat with Ngata. I figured same thing to a extent because he just gets doubled up also. How's this working out so far.

They are about 10 yards off from where I predicted they would be. I said they'd give up around 100 a game because of their schedule and the addition of Adrian Peterson twice in our conference games.

I have to say, I'm actually surprised they have only given up 110 a game without Levy though. So if I had to guess -- I'd say Detroit ends up right around where I predicted by the end of the season. Somewhere around 100 ypg.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never treated him as my hero. I wish some of you horn blowers would speak about being wrong also... Never happens though. I will tell you what I figured out in a thread. Still 12 games left so don't toot the horn to quickly. Injuries can change anything. With the pass rush we have nobody needs to run against them. Let me guess you also factored that into your bet?

I must have missed where I was responding to you? My message was to Rob. And as far as the bet. Yes -- I even stated after he accepted, Detroit is built to stop the run, so teams will try and beat us with the pass. Miami is built to rush the QB and they are solid in the secondary. Teams are going to run the ball against them.

You see -- Unlike Rob, I KNOW it takes an entire defense to stop the run. One player may change things slightly, but one player isn't going to make a team great or make a team terrible. Miami has never been able to stop the run, so adding Suh wasn't going to change that. Detroit built a team around Suh with the sole purpose of stopping the run. Removing Suh hurts, but they still have all the other guys in place who are good against the run.