• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Top 75 Players

ChrisperJ10

Above Average Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hill, Hardaway, and McGrady should get the injury and/or I carried shitty franchises exceptions.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe dollar store Iverson was a bit harsh. My bad.

I agree the East was dogshit, but so were the teams Iverson played on.

Jesus! Mutombo was like 50 lol

Snow, McKie?

Getting a win vs the Kobe/Shaq Lakers in the finals pretty much by himself is impressive.
That team is part of the evidence why Larry Brown is GOAT

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Vince Carter has an argument as well

What has Dame done that Vince hasn't?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AD, Dame should not be on this list

I actually think Harden is questionable as well

And Kawhi has missed a lot of time in his career.

They just need to redo the list.

I appreciate the history of the league, but there are guys from the 60s and before on this list who couldn’t make a roster today if they took a time machine.

Yeah, I know, training, sports medicine, nutrition, etc.

But the competition for an NBA spot today is many times greater than it was back then. So being a big fish in that much smaller pond just doesn’t mean all that much to me.

So, IMO, all those guys, Harden, Dame, AD belong on the list before many older players long ago generations and guys like Dennis Rodman.

There is no legit case for Rodman being more deserving than AD or Lillard. None at all.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They just need to redo the list.

I appreciate the history of the league, but there are guys from the 60s and before on this list who couldn’t make a roster today if they took a time machine.

Yeah, I know, training, sports medicine, nutrition, etc.

But the competition for an NBA spot today is many times greater than it was back then. So being a big fish in that much smaller pond just doesn’t mean all that much to me.

So, IMO, all those guys, Harden, Dame, AD belong on the list before many older players long ago generations and guys like Dennis Rodman.

There is no legit case for Rodman being more deserving than AD or Lillard. None at all.
there are also a lot of players from todays era that couldnt handle the physical game that past eras had as well

imagine how much time AD would miss in the 70's and 80's

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there are also a lot of players from todays era that couldnt handle the physical game that past eras had as well

Yes and no. If you took current day AD and dropped him into that era, I tend to agree. But, imo, part of the reason AD gets hurt is that he has point guard skills in the body of a 7 footer. So he makes a lot of cuts and moves that a lot of bigs can't. But it also stresses his joints more than if he moved more like some other bigs.

If he grew up in that era, he would play the game differently than he does now as he would have basically been planted in the post. So he wouldn't be using some of the moves he has because it's unlikely they would have been developed.

ChrisperJ10

Above Average Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big Ben Wallace for 100th anniversary team!

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And how he would react when Rodman kept coming at him, time after time. I think they are doing it close to right.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think having guys like Rodman and Parrish in their are tough.

Rodman is probably the best rebounder in NBA history- so I guess I can accept that--- but Parrish over Dwight seems insane to me. Dwight was an MVPlevel guy nearly many times--- 5 time First Team all NBA , a Defensive Player of the year 3 times. Parrish was a very good player- but top 75 for him seems insane--- more of a function of his team than of his own talent- and when you are talking about top 75 of all time I think you have to go with individual talent over being a perfect cog for a team.

if anyone is building a team- NO ONE in their right mind takes prime Parrish over prime Dwight.

James Worthy kind of fits into that category too- but he is def. better than Parrish and Rodman overall. However- no doubt in my mind Kyrie Irving is a more talented player than James Worthy.

Dwight in his prime was way better than Parish

ChrisperJ10

Above Average Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Never was a fan of comparing eras.

Imagine some of those players trying to guard Curry, Miller, Allen through screens on the perimeter.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I disagree.

I think that is greatly exaggerated.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bill Walton on this list is a joke. Dude is pretty much 4 seasons where he was a Hall of Fame caliber player. Dude is a famous name and that’s about it.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bill Walton on this list is a joke. Dude is pretty much 4 seasons where he was a Hall of Fame caliber player. Dude is a famous name and that’s about it.
He is probably the main guy I look at in this top 75 and say….no way he should be there. NO WAY

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is probably the main guy I look at in this top 75 and say….no way he should be there. NO WAY

Rodman being there is a joke

Bill Walton was at least a lead player on a championship team.

I get that people have issues with longevity, but I don’t.

A player with a short, but brilliantly high ceiling deserves a higher ranking on this list than a player with a long career of good not great, IMO.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A player with a short, but brilliantly high ceiling deserves a higher ranking on this list than a player with a long career of good not great, IMO.
Joel Embiid wins MVP this year but gets injured in the playoffs and it ends his career. Is he on the 100 year team?

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don’t have a problem with Rodman, what he did he was great at. He might be on the all time great defensive first team. That puts him there for me.