• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Top 3 Upsets of the Year 2014

theSabanator20

A mellow fellow
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also have FSU @ NC State on upset alert... It's been a while since FSU beat them in Raleigh.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also have FSU @ NC State on upset alert... It's been a while since FSU beat them in Raleigh.

Those are part of the Thursday night debacles. This game is on Saturday. No problem here. New coach, scheme, qb, and yeah no Tom O'Brien to bring in Marines to speak right before the game. Damn I hated TO.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems everyone is hoping FSU loses a game. Let's see UF, BC, ND, NC State, and OK State. Damn people 5 games that FSU is on Upset alert? Did we lose everyone from last year?

theSabanator20

A mellow fellow
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems everyone is hoping FSU loses a game. Let's see UF, BC, ND, NC State, and OK State. Damn people 5 games that FSU is on Upset alert? Did we lose everyone from last year?

It's not a matter of hope, it's a matter of fact. It's hard to go undefeated 2 years in a row.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Look at it from a slightly different angle...the reason FSU, Oregon, Bama, Oklahoma and such show up on this list is because it can't be an upset if they aren't favored...

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not me!

I'm hoping you lose all 12 of them.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not a matter of hope, it's a matter of fact. It's hard to go undefeated 2 years in a row.

Difference between losing a game to being on "upset alert". Especially by the teams that people have listed.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at it from a slightly different angle...the reason FSU, Oregon, Bama, Oklahoma and such show up on this list is because it can't be an upset if they aren't favored...

But damn near HALF the season? Come on that is just some good old HATERADE!!! :lol:

theSabanator20

A mellow fellow
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Difference between losing a game to being on "upset alert". Especially by the teams that people have listed.

Realistically you guys have 3 games that are losable.

Florida
Notre Dame
Oklahoma State

Past that, FSU should have an easy 9 wins.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Florida
Notre Dame
Oklahoma State

Louisville interests me. Petrino can coach offense. The defense was damn good last year. They lost some pieces and are changing the system, but Strong left some talent and he could coach defense. I expect the defense to fade under Petrino, but you just may get an interesting combination in Petrino's first year.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okie Jr over FSU - I know it's supposed to be a neutral site, but Okie jr's largest alumni base is in the D/FW area so this will be a home game for the Pokes. Plus, it's the 1st game of the season, both teams will start out flat. Eager to see what FSU's defense can do against the best offense they will see all season.

ISU over Baylor - BU is the worst road team in the country and will get whipped by the Clones.

KSU over AU - Manhattan is tough as fuck to play at night. Coach Snyder will have this team ready.

Utah State over Tennessee - seems like USU comes close to upsetting somebody every year (USC last year, Wisconsin in '12, AU in '11, OU in '10,), although will this be considered an upset over a bad program like Tennessee?

ISU over Iowa - rivalry game, anything can happen. 'Clones end all that playoff talk by Iowa fans early.

Ooops, just noticed thread said "Top 3 upsets". My bad.....

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Florida
Notre Dame
Oklahoma State

I would go with two. UF and Miami. Rivalries bring out the best and worst in all 3 teams.

ND no way. Their defense is going to be atrocious without Nix,Tuitt,and Shembo. Offense will be better, but remember our D is made for that type of offense.

OK State not worried about that one. Too many distractions goin on there. Plus they do not face a secondary like FSU's.

We shall see.

UofL is the one I would pick just like above. Thursday night road games are not good for FSU.

bamafan4evr12

Rising Tide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You guys are reigning champs. You're gonna get everyone's best shot. 2010 was arguably Saban's most talented team at Bama and we lost 3 games. It's not a matter of hoping you lose, its just a reality. Not only that, it's very difficult to go undefeated two years in a row.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys are reigning champs. You're gonna get everyone's best shot. 2010 was arguably Saban's most talented team at Bama and we lost 3 games. It's not a matter of hoping you lose, its just a reality. Not only that, it's very difficult to go undefeated two years in a row.

Not saying we go undefeated. Just people picking half the season is a tad over the top.

It seems a lot of people think that because Joyner and Jernigan are gone that the D is going to slip a lot. Not the case considering the leadership that is still there on the D. Same with the O. Benjamin is gone, but the #1 wr rashad Greene is still there and so is O'leary. But I guess when people do not follow a team closely it is hard to expect them to know.

bamafan4evr12

Rising Tide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not saying we go undefeated. Just people picking half the season is a tad over the top.

It seems a lot of people think that because Joyner and Jernigan are gone that the D is going to slip a lot. Not the case considering the leadership that is still there on the D. Same with the O. Benjamin is gone, but the #1 wr rashad Greene is still there and so is O'leary. But I guess when people do not follow a team closely it is hard to expect them to know.

Simple fact is, ya just never know. That's what makes it fun and what makes this sport so great. Chances are FSU wins 10 or 11 games (I expect them to) but everyone has their reasons for their upsets...doesn't mean they will all happen.

And I agree its hard picking games for teams you don't follow. I'll be honest I just looked at yall's and BC's schedules and looked at their personnel a little and just didn't like that y'all had that game sandwiched between Miami and Florida. Probably won't happen, but ya never know.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simple fact is, ya just never know. That's what makes it fun and what makes this sport so great. Chances are FSU wins 10 or 11 games (I expect them to) but everyone has their reasons for their upsets...doesn't mean they will all happen.

And I agree its hard picking games for teams you don't follow. I'll be honest I just looked at yall's and BC's schedules and looked at their personnel a little and just didn't like that y'all had that game sandwiched between Miami and Florida. Probably won't happen, but ya never know.

True. Now the reason I poo poo BC is because without Williams as their RB it is slim pickings for them on O. THey lost both starting tackles as well. QB Tyler Murphy is coming from UF and going to a run first Pro style O(not his forte). Also their WRs are not very good either(lost Alex Amidon best WR by FAR). THey lost their starting DEs and 2 LBs. THeir D is going to be hurting as well. Most coaches have a 2nd year drop off considering the SR leadership and play makers he has lost.

The games around the BC game are not really a problem. Seems that Jimbo has them not looking ahead fairly well. Miami is a question to me except being a rival. No QB really, but you have Duke Johnson. D is loaded with talent, but their DC is a damn fool and holds them back.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would go with two. UF and Miami. Rivalries bring out the best and worst in all 3 teams.

ND no way. Their defense is going to be atrocious without Nix,Tuitt,and Shembo. Offense will be better, but remember our D is made for that type of offense.

OK State not worried about that one. Too many distractions goin on there. Plus they do not face a secondary like FSU's.

We shall see.

UofL is the one I would pick just like above. Thursday night road games are not good for FSU.

ND might actually be better on defense than last year despite losing those guys. They did give up 27 ppg to teams not named Temple and Air Force which is horrible. Last year the problem was defense. Those guys came back fat and out of shape. It's no wonder neither went in the first round.

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TX > OU @ RRSO

BucksFanInGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't dig the Maryland upset pick, but with our defense last year and the stats you laid out, it's possible...

That said, I think it a whole lot more likely that PSU beats us in Happy Valley this year...