• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Top 25 week 11 voting discussion

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I started ranking by WINS. Im not ranking a 4 loss team ahead of a undefeated. I dont care what a teams schedule is.

Its about winning.

There are no 3 loss teams in my poll atm

Undefeated......1 loss teams......2 loss teams

If you dont like it, guess what? Its not YOUR rankings, its mine......get it?

the miami hurricanes of 2013 should tell you that actually there is more to it than winning. would you rank the miami hurricanes ahead of the miami dolphins? it's about winning... and you've already noted you don't care about the schedule strength differences.

Toucanbird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again, living rent free in your mind.

Do you really care what team is ranked 25? LOL.

I'm not sure why he cares so much. I ranked them 21st and 25th. It's not like I had them ranked 5th and 6th.

The Crimson King

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be dealt with by volume of voters. It's not that bad, except obvious homerism in the Fresno St and NIU as if SoS has no merit.

:nod: as of right now removing Nate's poll would only change two very small things

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ive been looking for a reason to push up Texas and ignore the earlier parts of the season but they needed OT to beat West Virginia. If they keep winning, ill move them up...they already have their foot in the door.

Some people actually have Texas above Wisconsin. I can't even start to think about how wrong that one is

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ive been looking for a reason to push up Texas and ignore the earlier parts of the season but they needed OT to beat West Virginia. If they keep winning, ill move them up...they already have their foot in the door.

Some people actually have Texas above Wisconsin. I can't even start to think about how wrong that one is

I don't have a problem with Texas being ranked low. I have a slight (but not huge) problem with them not being ranked at all. My main issue is them being ranked behind OU.

Texas is 7-2. 6-0 in Big 12 play. Has the 15th toughest SOS in the country, which is tougher than: South Carolina, aggies, and Wisconsin. Beat the living shit outta OU on a neutral field.

Why would OU be ranked higher?

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And for those of you claiming rankings don't matter for lower ranked teams:

Are you guys crazy? Of course they matter.

1) They matter to which bowl game you will go to. Bowls who pick will look at a number of factors, but ranking = perception, and perception = value.

2) They matter to recruits. For example, right now Texas and aggies have same record. However, Texas has a better win and has a much tougher SOS. Yet aggies are ranked way higher. Recruits that are looking at which school to go to will take those things into factor. While 1 team is top 15, the other is not ranked, etc...

3) They matter for next year's preseason rankings. Like it or not, preseason rankings are ridiculously important. Voters make their mind up, they rank early, and then they traditionally refuse to make big jumps on their board unless there are big reasons to. Perception and preseason rankings are a big reason why so many 2-3 loss sec teams stay ranked.

** To say they don't matter unless top few smells of eilitism and out of touch reality.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you guys crazy? Of course they matter.

1) They matter to which bowl game you will go to. Bowls who pick will look at a number of factors, but ranking = perception, and perception = value.

2) They matter to recruits. For example, right now Texas and aggies have same record. However, Texas has a better win and has a much tougher SOS. Yet aggies are ranked way higher. Recruits that are looking at which school to go to will take those things into factor. While 1 team is top 15, the other is not ranked, etc...

3) They matter for next year's preseason rankings. Like it or not, preseason rankings are ridiculously important. Voters make their mind up, they rank early, and then they traditionally refuse to make big jumps on their board unless there are big reasons to. Perception and preseason rankings are a big reason why so many 2-3 loss sec teams stay ranked.

** To say they don't matter unless top few smells of elitism and out of touch reality.
They matter at the end of the season, not today unless you are in the top 4 or 5. He is all bent out of shape that UGa is 25th. We could lose this week to Auburn and be right out again.

By the way, bowl teams are more often selected due to fanbase, location and placement withing the conference, not national rankings. I am talking about the non-BCS bowls, which is what I was giving the poster shit about.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They matter at the end of the season, not today unless you are in the top 4 or 5. He is all bent out of shape that UGa is 25th. We could lose this week to Auburn and be right out again.

By the way, bowl teams are more often selected due to fanbase, location and placement withing the conference, not national rankings. I am talking about the non-BCS bowls, which is what I was giving the poster shit about.

Trust me, fanbase definitely is a huge factor in selection in BCS bowls as well.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trust me, fanbase definitely is a huge factor in selection in BCS bowls as well.

Yes, I understand this. Which is why I posted: "Bowls who pick will look at a number of factors."

...but ranking is one of them.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I understand this. Which is why I posted: "Bowls who pick will look at a number of factors."

...but ranking is one of them.

We got screwed over a couple of years ago by those cheating Buckeyes back in 2010 and kept us from going to the Sugar Bowl because of ranking and a huge factor being that the Buckeyes travel in full force and the Spartans...meh not so much. We will never go to a high profile bowl game because of selection. If we don't win the Big Ten, we go to BWW bowl again, because Nebraska, Michigan, Ohio State, Wisconsin, and Penn State (obviously not right now) will always be selected ahead of us if given the option to.

mutiger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Alabama
2. FSU
3. Baylor
4. Ohio St
5. Missouri
6. Stanford
7. Oregon
8. Auburn
9. Clemson
10. Michigan St
11. South Carolina
12. UCF
13. Texas A&M
14. Wisconsin
15. Oklahoma St.
16. UCLA
17. Northern Illinois
18. LSU
19. Arizona St.
20. Georgia
21. Louisville
22. Texas
23. Ole Miss
24. Oklahoma
25. Fresno St

Jonny Valtimore

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We got screwed over a couple of years ago by those cheating Buckeyes back in 2010 and kept us from going to the Sugar Bowl because of ranking and a huge factor being that the Buckeyes travel in full force and the Spartans...meh not so much. We will never go to a high profile bowl game because of selection. If we don't win the Big Ten, we go to BWW bowl again, because Nebraska, Michigan, Ohio State, Wisconsin, and Penn State (obviously not right now) will always be selected ahead of us if given the option to.

I think that perception is beginning to change, albeit slowly. Gotta keep winning bowl games and get a nice ranking to start the year. The more a team is talked about the better, and you pretty much have to be in the top 15.

Personally, I think MSU would tear a new one in most of the 1 loss teams currently ranked ahead of them if they continue to improve on offense. Most people don't realize all the weapons on offense MSU has lost the last few years.

24seven

Biggest Cock Around Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Alabama
2. FSU
3. Baylor
4. Ohio St
5. Missouri
6. Stanford
7. Oregon
8. Auburn
9. Clemson
10. Michigan St
11. South Carolina
12. UCF
13. Texas A&M
14. Wisconsin
15. Oklahoma St.
16. UCLA
17. Northern Illinois
18. LSU
19. Arizona St.
20. Georgia
21. Louisville
22. Texas
23. Ole Miss
24. Oklahoma
25. Fresno St

mutiger, if this is your actual vote, paste it in the voting thread (stickied up top). This thread is for discussion of votes (to keep the actual votes easy to compile without fishing through the debates).

The Crimson King

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You can't get blown away in the Cap One and complain that you belonged in the Sugar

brin3535

moose twit!
Hoopla Cash
$ 955.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
mutiger, if this is your actual vote, paste it in the voting thread (stickied up top). This thread is for discussion of votes (to keep the actual votes easy to compile without fishing through the debates).

Don't listen to him mutiger. You're a fag but he's a cock lover.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't get blown away in the Cap One and complain that you belonged in the Sugar

To be fair, that was the one year where Alabama was banged up for most of the year, and was in between two national championship seasons for them. They got healthy before the game and I don't like any teams chances against Saban when he has a month to game plan for it.

nolehusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,614.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Movements this week mostly due to Oregon's loss to Stanford (and how they lost), Miami's loss to VT (and the fact that they now look totally lost), how badly Alabama beat LSU, and Oklahoma not even being competitive against Baylor.

NOTE: My rankings are based on where I expect teams will end up (including predicted final regular season records). I won't move teams up or down for winning/losing games that I expect them to win or lose, only if they win or lose a game that they're not supposed to. So don't bitch if I've got a one loss team too low (e.g., Oklahoma State, who I think will lose 2 of their last 3) or a 2-loss team too high (e.g., UCLA or Wisconsin, who I think will win out).

You have Louisville ahead of 2 undefeated teams?

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NOTE: My rankings are based on where I expect teams will end up (including predicted final regular season records). I won't move teams up or down for winning/losing games that I expect them to win or lose, only if they win or lose a game that they're not supposed to. So don't bitch if I've got a one loss team too low (e.g., Oklahoma State, who I think will lose 2 of their last 3) or a 2-loss team too high (e.g., UCLA or Wisconsin, who I think will win out).

yes because weekly rankings are all about clairvoyantly predicting the final poll.... :L

nolehusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,614.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes because weekly rankings are all about clairvoyantly predicting the final poll.... :L

There is nothing wrong with this. You may not agree with it, but that doesn't make it wrong. It's just how some people do their polls. There are different ways to make a poll, and none of them are right or wrong as long as there is a "system" to it that uses some sort of logic. Obvsiouly the "I think this team would beat this team and it doesn't matter what has happened on the field" is total BS, but this doesn't use that approach. A lot of people base their polls off where they think people will end up at the end of the season. The great thing about that is that at the end of the season, it doesn't really matter because there is nothing really left to predict.