• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Top 25 week 11 voting discussion

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Alabama
2. Florida State
3. Baylor
4. Ohio State
5. Stanford
6. Oregon
7. Auburn
8. Clemson
9. Missouri
10. Oklahoma State
11. South Carolina
12. Texas A&M
13. Michigan State
14. Fresno State
15. Northern Illinois
16. UCLA
17. UCF
18. Louisville
19. Wisconsin
20. Arizona State
21. LSU
22. Miami (FL)
23. Oklahoma
24. Texas
25. Georgia

Eww, 3 loss teams still getting love?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm propping up UCF because they'll probably get left off a couple of ballots.

Seriously, though, they beat Louisville and Houston and their only loss is to South Carolina by a FG. Auburn and Mizzou control their own fate so Im not worried about them.

UCF doesn't really pass the eyeball test but neither does Fresno St

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why Missouri at 6?
I think the only reason Im low on them is because Im weird about teams that rely on turnovers and big plays on defense as opposed to actually playing sound defense. 6 is totally justifiable for Mizzou

Toucanbird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eww, 3 loss teams still getting love?

I'm beside myself doing these this week. It seems like just about everyone else I thought I'd put ahead of them after this week lost. Notre Dame? Lost to a lousy Pitt team. BYU? Got dominated by Wisconsin. Texas Tech? Taken to the woodshed by Kansas State. Houston? Lost a tough one to UCF, although that's one that crossed my mind anyway despite losing.

I'm also looking at teams like Ball State and Minnesota, but I just haven't seen those two teams beat anyone that legit. Both have pretty absurd losses (like Ball State losing to North Texas and Minnesota losing at home to Iowa).

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was basically a top 23 for me this week and the last 2 spots (Ball St and Texas) seemed like the best remaining.

The Crimson King

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, not much difference between the top 1 loss teams but I was just looking at Auburn/Missouri.........I think what we've done is more impressive

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, not much difference between the top 1 loss teams but I was just looking at Auburn/Missouri.........I think what we've done is more impressive

Yes, the A&M win is better than any win Missouri has but I guess I'm using the better loss eye test like was given to Alabama in 2011 over Oklahoma state.

Missouri droped that 3 point in OT.

They get additional points from me because they do control their destiny in the east. Auburn does to but you have to beat Georgia and bama. They have to beat ole piss and A&M. They got better odds. :suds:

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm beside myself doing these this week. It seems like just about everyone else I thought I'd put ahead of them after this week lost. Notre Dame? Lost to a lousy Pitt team. BYU? Got dominated by Wisconsin. Texas Tech? Taken to the woodshed by Kansas State. Houston? Lost a tough one to UCF, although that's one that crossed my mind anyway despite losing.

I'm also looking at teams like Ball State and Minnesota, but I just haven't seen those two teams beat anyone that legit. Both have pretty absurd losses (like Ball State losing to North Texas and Minnesota losing at home to Iowa).

I like to look at it as 1 loss can be forgiven. Sometimes its just not your day. Two losses shows the team has faults. Three losses is a pattern and should be outside looking in the top 25, until there are fewer than 25 two loss or less teams.

The Crimson King

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, the A&M win is better than any win Missouri has but I guess I'm using the better loss eye test like was given to Alabama in 2011 over Oklahoma state.

Missouri droped that 3 point in OT.

They get additional points from me because they do control their destiny in the east. Auburn does to but you have to beat Georgia and bama. They have to beat ole piss and A&M. They got better odds. :suds:

they lost at home. we lost on the road (first road game) in bad conditions to a better team though

The Crimson King

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and by better team I mean LSU > USC still :D

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they lost at home. we lost on the road (first road game) in bad conditions to a better team though

ehh, I don't have LSU ranked and I do have South Carolina ranked. I don't see LSU as a better team and one play difference in OT, Missouri is 9-0. You guys got thumped by LSU. That garbage time TD late in the fourth made it two scores, but you were whooped down by 21 with less than 7mins in the fourth.

Toucanbird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like to look at it as 1 loss can be forgiven. Sometimes its just not your day. Two losses shows the team has faults. Three losses is a pattern and should be outside looking in the top 25, until there are fewer than 25 two loss or less teams.

I don't like to look at it that way though. Let's say we put Ball State and Georgia on a neutral field. Those three losses were to Clemson, Missouri, and Vanderbilt (okay, not a great loss, but at least it's not North Texas). They've beaten South Carolina, LSU, and oh, hey, look here...North Texas. By a score of 45-21.

Simply put, I can't fault LSU and Georgia for having three losses in a brutal SEC when Ball State gets to play mediocre MAC teams all the time. The only power conference non-conference game they played was frigging Virginia.

Either way, I think things will work themselves out. Ball State plays at Northern Illinois next week, so I'm sure we'll have a better grasp of how things are at that point.

The Crimson King

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ehh, I don't have LSU ranked and I do have South Carolina ranked. I don't see LSU as a better team and one play difference in OT, Missouri is 9-0. You guys got thumped by LSU. That garbage time TD late in the fourth made it two scores, but you were whooped down by 21 with less than 7mins in the fourth.

our all American candidate punter cost us a TD in that storm. And we had the ball 1st and goal with 2 minutes left to make it a one score game. I wouldn't say we got 'thumped'

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't finished my poll yet but was so excited about Oregon dropping to 10th in it, that I had to share! :suds:

More to come...

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far I've seen 4 people rank Oklahoma ahead of Texas. I would love to hear explanations for this???

Same record; Same conference; Yet we beat the shit outta them on a neutral field. With all else being equal - if a head to head matchup doesn't matter, then please explain what does?:lame:

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far I've seen 4 people rank Oklahoma ahead of Texas. I would love to hear explanations for this???

Same record; Same conference; Yet we beat the shit outta them on a neutral field. With all else being equal - if a head to head matchup doesn't matter, then please explain what does?:lame:

auburn at 6-1 was ranked behind texas a&m at 5-2 when auburn had just beaten aTm on the road. sometimes people just rank teams on how good they think they are and ignore actual accomplishments on the field. or at least largely ignore them. everyone is "guilty" of this to some degree, but at this point in the season, that should be largely eradicated.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
auburn at 6-1 was ranked behind texas a&m at 5-2 when auburn had just beaten aTm on the road. sometimes people just rank teams on how good they think they are and ignore actual accomplishments on the field. or at least largely ignore them. everyone is "guilty" of this to some degree, but at this point in the season, that should be largely eradicated.

I complained about that on behalf of auburn when that happened too.