• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Top 25 players UNDER 25 in the NBA

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warren's going to average 20+ a game in his prime, and his defense has been phenomenal this year. That injury really brought his stats down to earth due to a couple games where he hardly played as he was getting back into the swing of things when he returned.

I like Winslow, but Warren's ability to develop into a 2 way threat is legit.

I clearly have not seen Warren as much as you have. I think he is a nice player, but I am also very impressed with what I have seen from Winslow and how much he improved this year before getting hurt. I think he could be a future all star. I just have not seen that upside from Warren. I could be wrong though.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I clearly have not seen Warren as much as you have. I think he is a nice player, but I am also very impressed with what I have seen from Winslow and how much he improved this year before getting hurt. I think he could be a future all star. I just have not seen that upside from Warren. I could be wrong though.
ya think?

i had winslow over warren too thinking it was pretty close--- but as far as how much Winslow has "improved"....he played 18 games becuase he was hurt before he got hurt and he shot 35% after shooting 42% last year.....i realize he looks like he can be a great defensive player and its why i had him where he was....but i think one of the worst things about this year for the Heat is that it was basically a lost year for Winslow.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think Winslow is anywhere near good enough offensively to become an all-star. I do think he'll be a very good role player and have a long career, but he can't hit FT's and his jumper needs a lot of work. His FG% is bad, and he doesn't even attempt that many 3's.

His defense, rebounding, passing and slashing ability all look great, but he has his limits.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry @logic .

But, I hope Drummond is not one of those guys who gets paid....

Then stops playing.
It seems as if everyone on the Pistons has already stopped playing, especially on the defensive end.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Winslow is anywhere near good enough offensively to become an all-star. I do think he'll be a very good role player and have a long career, but he can't hit FT's and his jumper needs a lot of work. His FG% is bad, and he doesn't even attempt that many 3's.

His defense, rebounding, passing and slashing ability all look great, but he has his limits.
yah its tough to say- i think a great comparison to him is Michael Kidd Gilchrist. Its just a bummer that Winslow only played 18 games before being done for the season- and his shot seemed to regress- shooting 35% is Rubio territory.

he is a great athlete, rebounder, can slash to the rim like you said- but his offensive limitations will haunt him if he cant right his shot.

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems as if everyone on the Pistons has already stopped playing, especially on the defensive end.

I'm surprised because I generally have a lot of confidence in SVG. (but maybe I'm wrong) Do you think he is a big part of the problem ?

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm surprised because I generally have a lot of confidence in SVG. (but maybe I'm wrong) Do you think he is a big part of the problem ?
I've been busy so haven't watched as much as I would like to. But they went from being the #2 defense to something like #27 correlating to when Reggie Jackson came back. This is strange to me since it is not like Ish is some superior defender to Jackson.

I think that when Jackson was out they knew they were missing one of their stars and were more focused on the little things like defensive rotations and support. When Jackson came back they relaxed, Jackson took a little while to get back to form and they got in bad habits that are sticking with them.

Van Gundy has tried to counter this with changing some starters and rotations, which is a great idea, I just don't agree with whom he has chosen to go with (note; I have disagreed with Van Gundy's choice of starters and rotations before to be proven horribly wrong--hence he coaches in the NBA and I write on a message board). Now they have some injuries, which are compounding the problems. Hopefully when KCP and Leuer come back things will pick up again. I will say that I have been disappointed in the progress that Stanley Johnson is making--like this team, the potential is there but it has yet to be realized.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

yah....there was a lot of hype about Winslow "finding" his shot during the offseason- but then he goes and shoots a Rubio-like 35%....not that shooting is the end all-be-all- but its hard to keep a guy on the court no matter how great his defense is if you are playing 4-5 offensively.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
by the way...the nickname "the Process" for Joel Embiid was awesome and hilarious.

Im excited for Philly fans. They actually have hope. A lot of people have really shit on them over the passed couple years- but i have a feeling a lot of those same people are going to feel dumb and jealous watching Embiid, Simmons, Saric, and company going into the future.....not only that- but this team is going to probably have 2 top 10 picks in the next draft to either trade or finally put some guard talent on the roster.

Think about that- this summer the Sixers have probably the most cap room in the league....all that young talent, and two very high draft picks to make deals with.

If they do things right this summer- next year they can get to 35-40 wins, and after that really take off and start to become a playoff team that probably wont miss the playoffs again for a long long time.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm surprised that Tobias Harris didn't at least get an Honorable Mention on any list here. He may not be flashy and may have maxed his potential already, but he is solid night in and night out.
I wouldn't build around him, but he would be an early pick as a quality piece around your star.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some great talent in the league 25 and under, I think the next decade in the NBA's going to be fun to watch.