• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

too soon for an NFL thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boss, how did the surgery go?

Pretty good dash, He said it was a bit more "involved" than they thought. It's a bit sore butOK. I was to have my first follow up appointment today but they called and changed it to tomorrow.

I'm hanging in there buddy. Thanks.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty good dash, He said it was a bit more "involved" than they thought. It's a bit sore butOK. I was to have my first follow up appointment today but they called and changed it to tomorrow.

I'm hanging in there buddy. Thanks.

Good to hear my friend, just take it easy, another football and hockey season is just around the corner.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I generally don't celebrate injuries but Stevie Brown, the safety for the Giants, going down for the year could be huge for the Boys. Cowboys have a lot of receiving talent so for a rival that doesn't have a great secondary to lose their best player, it certainly helps out.

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck Me this just keeps getting worse. If we are not the most fucking cursed fans on the planet I don't know who is !!

Report: Stephon Gilmore out for eight weeks

The Buffalo Bills will be without top cornerback Stephon Gilmore for about eight weeks because of a hand injury, according to a report from Mike Garafolo of Fox Sports.

Gilmore, 22, was hurt during the Bills' 30-7 loss to the Washington Redskins on Saturday. According to Garafolo's report, the injury will require surgery.

The Bills, who returned to the practice field this morning, are thin at cornerback. Leodis McKelvin, the presumed starter opposite Gilmore, has been limited much of the summer as he returns from offseason groin surgery.

This isn't even funny anymore it's fucking crazy !!!

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad to hear the surgery went well Boss.

Sucks bigtime about Gilmore. The CB position was already among our weakest on the D. Whoever steps in will face a nice test right off the bat with Tom Brady in week 1.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very classy for sure, must say I called it I told my son he wasn't going to make it. His kickoffs alone were a problem half were not even reaching the end zone.

In their defense this blew up fast. At first they were sure EJ would be ready for the opener then when Kolb got hurt it didn't seem too serious until all the test came in. I didn't know he's had at least three concussions in the past. The seasons coming fast and they were between a rock and a hard place.

We have some big time problems. No way a new QB is going to learn this offense they way they wanted it run. In short....we're fucked !!

I figured the Lindell situation would go one of two ways:
a) Exactly as it has gone
b) If they had concerns about the new kid's accuracy, keep Lindell for another year while the kid improves, but have Lindell only handle PATs and FGs of say less than 45.

Sucks for Kolb too, but it (preliminarily at least) sounds like this could be a career-ender for him. Advice to him: listen to the Dr. If he/she says you could end up as a vegetable, walk away. It's not worth it.

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I figured the Lindell situation would go one of two ways:
a) Exactly as it has gone
b) If they had concerns about the new kid's accuracy, keep Lindell for another year while the kid improves, but have Lindell only handle PATs and FGs of say less than 45.

Sucks for Kolb too, but it (preliminarily at least) sounds like this could be a career-ender for him. Advice to him: listen to the Dr. If he/she says you could end up as a vegetable, walk away. It's not worth it.

Amen. It must be difficult for these players because they love the game but you said it. It's not worth it.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the Bills are going to start Jeff Tuel week one against the Pats.

Pretty sure everybody is going to pick the Pats in their survivor pools for that one.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the Bills are going to start Jeff Tuel week one against the Pats.

Pretty sure everybody is going to pick the Pats in their survivor pools for that one.

Where's J.P. Losman when you really need him?

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A coworker of mine is a BIG Bills fan. And as you would expect, we have an active banter.

I just saw him and said "I just saw sportscenter".

He looked like he was bracing for impact when I said "that sucks for you man. Sorry."

He looked at me for a second and said "Fuck. I never thought it would get so bad even YOU won't make a joke about it..."

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The funny thing is I think scouts for NFL teams are missing some pretty good QB talent at some mid-major and Division II/III schools in the States (of course, the good thing is that it means these guys are scooped up by CFL teams). I mean, I look at highlights (low-lights really) for Geno Smith of the Jets and I'm thinking that guy would have trouble landing a CFL starting QB gig.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The funny thing is I think scouts for NFL teams are missing some pretty good QB talent at some mid-major and Division II/III schools in the States (of course, the good thing is that it means these guys are scooped up by CFL teams). I mean, I look at highlights (low-lights really) for Geno Smith of the Jets and I'm thinking that guy would have trouble landing a CFL starting QB gig.

Good thing he only needs to beat Mark Sanchez.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good thing he only needs to beat Mark Sanchez.

original.gif

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It just made my day to learn that clip exists in animated GIF. I always had to YouTube it, but knowing that it exists in endless loop form...priceless.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RGIII to start for the Redskins against the Eagles on Monday night...

Status
Not open for further replies.