• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

too soon for an NFL thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Peyton Manning is one passing TD away from matching the 2012 Chiefs.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a quick roundup of the facebooks from Yesterday;

Prior to game:
Comparisons between Joe Flacco and John Unitas (Joe's better), Peyton Manning (He's just as good) and Cal Ripken (Just as reliable).
The Ravens don't need Ray Lewis, he can rest. They got this. He taught them well, Something called a "T-Sizzle" is just like him.
"Hey diddle diddle, Ray Rice up the middle".

During the Game:
Disjointed and incoherent blabber, turning from "THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT" to "WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT?". Apparently whatever it was is not what they were taking about.

After the game:
Fuck the Orioles for not changing the schedule.
That lightning thing was bullshit and caused them to get their heads out of the game
It's clearly a conspiracy by the league because they got FORTY NINE points, the super bowl was against the 49ers.
Chris Collinsworth doesn't know anything, and how did he even get that job anyway.
The replacement refs are back, and I can't believe they called that.
Ray Lewis needs to come back, that "T-Sizzle" thing, whatever it is, has no discipline.
The Ravens are going to go bankrupt if they keep handing out big contracts to loser pansies like Flacco.

No updated nursery rhyme for Ray Rice, I intend to suggest: "MMMMMMMM bop. Ray Rice got DROPPED"

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Prior to game:
Comparisons between Joe Flacco and John Unitas (Joe's better), Peyton Manning (He's just as good) and Cal Ripken (Just as reliable).
The Ravens don't need Ray Lewis, he can rest. They got this. He taught them well, Something called a "T-Sizzle" is just like him.

During the Game:
Disjointed and incoherent blabber, turning from "THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT" to "WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT?". Apparently whatever it was is not what they were taking about.

After the game:
That lightning thing was bullshit and caused them to get their heads out of the game
It's clearly a conspiracy by the league because they got FORTY NINE points, the super bowl was against the 49ers.
Chris Collinsworth doesn't know anything, and how did he even get that job anyway.
Ray Lewis needs to come back, that "T-Sizzle" thing, whatever it is, has no discipline.
The Ravens are going to go bankrupt if they keep handing out big contracts to loser pansies like Flacco.

No updated nursery rhyme for Ray Rice, I intend to suggest: "MMMMMMMM bop. Ray Rice got DROPPED"

:laugh3:

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
buddy in my fantasy pool got 68 points on his first day. 66 from Manning lol. I got 35 from Demaryius Thomas. The guy who had Denver as defense must have lost his mind when the pick 6 was dropped before his got past the line lol

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Prior to game:

During the Game:

After the game:

Whew. I was worried about you. Almost 10 hours after a Ravens loss and no "Ravens fans are stupid" and/or "Ravens suck" posts. Glad all is well.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
did not see the game or a single highlight due to power outage last night but I saw this

@cbctom: Last NFL QB to throw 7 TD passes in a game was Joe Kapp 44 years ago.

so I will watch this

Last edited by a moderator:

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
did former Leo wideout mike trevathan make a comeback last night?

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldnt be amazed if Welker catches 150 passes this season.....He and Manning will be a good fit.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldnt be amazed if Welker catches 150 passes this season.....He and Manning will be a good fit.

Yeah. Catching two TD passes in your team debut is a nice way to make people forget (or overlook at least) the horrible punt fumble.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whew. I was worried about you. Almost 10 hours after a Ravens loss and no "Ravens fans are stupid" and/or "Ravens suck" posts. Glad all is well.

Not all Ravens fans are irrational. Just my wife's family. And everyone I went to school with. And everyone I ever worked with there. And most of my old neighbors.

I find the mood swings they go through comical. Sue me. They are like Sabres fans, but with success.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. Catching two TD passes in your team debut is a nice way to make people forget (or overlook at least) the horrible punt fumble.

Well those things are going to happen when you have a white guy returning punts....

Not all Ravens fans are irrational. Just my wife's family. And everyone I went to school with. And everyone I ever worked with there. And most of my old neighbors.

I find the mood swings they go through comical. Sue me. They are like Sabres fans, but with success.

I'd argue that they (I) are just fans that since you dislike the team you notice things about more.

Elocomotive will be in touch.

Last edited by a moderator:

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd call that a cheap shot if it weren't true. :gaah:

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd argue that they (I) are just fans that since you dislike the team you notice things about more.

Elocomotive will be in touch.

Nah. I am friends with many Steeler and Redskins fans as well, and I dislike each of them as much. And with the exception of the one guy who constantly rants that the Redskins should not have to change their name because RGIII hath decree the name okay, there is just nowhere near as much comedy coming from either of those camps. I would think that someone who made their name as a Comedian at ESPN could see the violent mood swings as funny. The guy who posted the comparison showing Flacco is every bit as good Manning is the same one who said the Ravens were going to go bankrupt giving out that stupid contract. THE SAME GUY.

3pzjwa.jpg

I get it, you don't like my opinions. But honestly, if I saw more Ravens fans like you who don't go to the top of Mt Everest after every good thing, and drop to the depths of death valley, often minutes later, I wouldn't have nearly as much material. It's kind of like the relationship between Jon Stewart and George W Bush. Dislike, yes. But sooo much material is provided. It's my doody to call it out.

From now on, I will include a "This could make Comeds feel sensitive" warning when I post stuff about the Ravens. Like this, this may bug you: "The last time Baltimore got shelled that bad, Francis Scott Key was the beat writer".

And go ahead and send eloco after me. I will start a petition to have bike share programs declared unconstitutional so his hippy ass will have to walk to work.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah. I am friends with many Steeler and Redskins fans as well, and I dislike each of them as much. And with the exception of the one guy who constantly rants that the Redskins should not have to change their name because RGIII hath decree the name okay, there is just nowhere near as much comedy coming from either of those camps. I would think that someone who made their name as a Comedian at ESPN could see the violent mood swings as funny. The guy who posted the comparison showing Flacco is every bit as good Manning is the same one who said the Ravens were going to go bankrupt giving out that stupid contract. THE SAME GUY.

3pzjwa.jpg

I get it, you don't like my opinions. But honestly, if I saw more Ravens fans like you who don't go to the top of Mt Everest after every good thing, and drop to the depths of death valley, often minutes later, I wouldn't have nearly as much material. It's kind of like the relationship between Jon Stewart and George W Bush. Dislike, yes. But sooo much material is provided. It's my doody to call it out.

From now on, I will include a "This could make Comeds feel sensitive" warning when I post stuff about the Ravens. Like this, this may bug you: "The last time Baltimore got shelled that bad, Francis Scott Key was the beat writer".

And go ahead and send eloco after me. I will start a petition to have bike share programs declared unconstitutional so his hippy ass will have to walk to work.

Dont get melodramatic, just because I comment on your posts doesnt mean I am sensitive or they bother me, its all in fun. I respond in the same tone as your posts yet you assume I am bothered while you are just having fun. You never miss an oppurtunity to mock and make fun when the Ravens lose, so I made a joke about it, after all you were late in doing so this morning.

In some ways I wish I could be a fan like you:
You hate the Ravens and their fans so when they lose you are happy and mock and gloat.
You like the Colts and are happy when they win (somehow that often becomes about Ravens fans too).
When the Ravens win and the Colts lose then you say you dont really care - its football and its dumb.

Youre going to be happy far more often than most fans, thats a smart way to be.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
didnt realize Manning made mention of Kapp post game lol

"Joe Kapp, great Canadian Quarterback out of Cal. Kicked the crap out of a guy on youtube a couple years ago too."
-Peyton Manning

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
didnt realize Manning made mention of Kapp post game lol

"Joe Kapp, great Canadian Quarterback out of Cal. Kicked the crap out of a guy on youtube a couple years ago too."
-Peyton Manning

Does anybody still call him Injun Joe anymore?

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anybody still call him Injun Joe anymore?

lol

he came up here in June for a lions almumni thing and he called HIMSELF that on live radio

/kinda sad ... i think he may be heading towards dementia ... a "handler" shuffled him away from the interview

Status
Not open for further replies.