• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tony Romo

tcb1964

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last week GB went five for five all TDs in the second half. They really bailed Romo out! The defense at the end of the year will be either the worst or 2nd worst in NFL history. Romo still has the team .500!

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wished the Dallas Defense was held to half the standards Romo is held. DeMarcus Ware is a joke but nobody ever says anything about him!

Just read this on Twitter. This is kind of the standard you are looking for?
Over past three seasons in final 5 mins of games within 7 points, Romo has thrown 2TD/8INT, with a rating of 59.7

blue jersey jinx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats an obvious statement i'm not saying spend 7 picks on db just one. It goes with out saying the Cowboys will likely draft at least 3 DL.

Ordinary I would agree with you. But I have ben informed I don't know anything about the salary cap. It looks like we have to keep Romo, Ware, witten and a few other wasted, useless contract for a few more years. So it looks like we won't beable to rebuild or become relevant for at least another 7 years. :bawling:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ordinary I would agree with you. But I have ben informed I don't know anything about the salary cap. It looks like we have to keep Romo, Ware, witten and a few other wasted, useless contract for a few more years. So it looks like we won't beable to rebuild or become relevant for at least another 7 years. :bawling:

Actually that is not true with Ware as we would save cap space by cutting him. Cutting or trading Romo which is usually the centerpiece of these stupid discussions is the one that causes the biggest cap problem.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually that is not true with Ware as we would save cap space by cutting him. Cutting or trading Romo which is usually the centerpiece of these stupid discussions is the one that causes the biggest cap problem.

Correct. We could cut Ware. But why? Ok he is having a down year. But other than Hatcher he is playing with guys that were unemployed across the rest of the line... not to mention the depth.

Teams can focus on him. It's that simple. I hate people that treat the sport like it's a Madden game.

Look at last year with Witten. Everyone saying he was washed up and couldn't score. And wanted to replace him. He has 8 TDs this season with 2 games to go.

When you talk about getting rid of these guys you have to also talk about who you replace them with.
We have NO ONE to replace Ware with ... and will go into the draft already needing 2 D Tackles. No one can possibly be ignorant enough to think we could draft 3 starters on the D-line in a single draft. That's just fucking nonsense.
And with Witten replace him with who? Escobar? The same guy that single handed lost the game on Sunday by dropping a perfect pass in the endzone? Or Hanna the guy that everyone loved becase of his 40 speed that has been invisible all year. Neither of which can block BTW

But to answer the question on Ware ... We could save 7.4 million on the cap by cutting him. or 11 if he is cut post June 1st and the cap hit cut in half. Which would still leave us 14 million over the cap with absolutely no one on the D-line nor any money to pick anyone up in free agency

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. Don't read into my comment that I am suggesting we get rid of Ware. I'm just correcting the false information on his cap situation. I realize his level of play has dropped since the first Qtr of the season because he is injured and also that you can take LT in his prime and put him with this group and the Offense could neutralize him if was their goal. The healthy Ware that could not be blocked in TC by T. Smith is still in there somewhere IMO. We just need to get him back.

I remember a quote from Parcells when everyone was talking about cutting Ellis: if you have one pass rusher, you have none.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. Don't read into my comment that I am suggesting we get rid of Ware. I'm just correcting the false information on his cap situation. I realize his level of play has dropped since the first Qtr of the season because he is injured and also that you can take LT in his prime and put him with this group and the Offense could neutralize him if was their goal. The healthy Ware that could not be blocked in TC by T. Smith is still in there somewhere IMO. We just need to get him back.

I remember a quote from Parcells when everyone was talking about cutting Ellis: if you have one pass rusher, you have none.

Oh I knew you weren't saying cut him Jarntt. I was referring to the attention seeking clown

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cutting Romo would cause a 35 million cap hit for 2014, if they wait to next year it would be somewhere around 27 million. Cutting Romo makes absolutely no sense at all. Also cutting Ware because of one down year is retarded.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cutting Romo would cause a 35 million cap hit for 2014, if they wait to next year it would be somewhere around 27 million. Cutting Romo makes absolutely no sense at all. Also cutting Ware because of one down year is retarded.

I agree....we're stuck with Romo....it's not an option to remove him from this team for at the very least another two seasons. The offseason cap situation will change six times to Sunday between now and then. Subtractions are in order this offseason and I also don't see that being D. Ware. As good as Hatcher as been, it makes no sense as far along in his career he is to dump Ware to pay hatcher and draft another DE high. I'd prefer adding Dtackles through free agency and draft picks

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cutting Romo would be a 41.67 million cap hit next year .... or a little over 20 if it's post June 1st and split in half.

But it's pointless to talk about because you can only have 25 million in dead moneu. We are already going into next season with 12.8 million in dead money.
So any players we cut can't cause us to have anymore than 12.2 million in dead money for next season.

The earliest you will see Romo gone will be the 2016 season and I'm not so sure he will be gone then. It's the cheapest year of his contract. 2017 would be the most likely year

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cutting Romo would be a 41.67 million cap hit next year .... or a little over 20 if it's post June 1st and split in half.

But it's pointless to talk about because you can only have 25 million in dead moneu. We are already going into next season with 12.8 million in dead money.
So any players we cut can't cause us to have anymore than 12.2 million in dead money for next season.

The earliest you will see Romo gone will be the 2016 season and I'm not so sure he will be gone then. It's the cheapest year of his contract. 2017 would be the most likely year

You maybe right on the 41.67, I was using the numbers they said on 105.3 the other day. Should have done the research myself I guess, but it doesn't matter, 35 or 41 its not going to happen. I agree 2017 would be the earliest, unless he has a career ending injury somewhere along the way.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it out of the question to trade him. I think there would be takers. When we are talking these big contacts, who has actually really played the best and earned their's. I know Im a serious Romo backer but IMO with all of our biggest contacts, who has played the best.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it out of the question to trade him. I think there would be takers. When we are talking these big contacts, who has actually really played the best and earned their's. I know Im a serious Romo backer but IMO with all of our biggest contacts, who has played the best.

Still not possible. It's the same cap hit cut or trade.

WFRYE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is the kind of thinking that got this team into this fucking mess for so long, and will keep them irrelevant well into the foreseeable future. Excuse making apologists just continuing to blow smoke up player's asses, expecting every player that has played decently over one point in their careers, to return to their glorious past form with some magical dust sprinkled and some suck tape? Refusing to give up on past heart-throbs and man crushes people of team injuries or unlucky breaks every season lol.

Welcome to the world of delusional homerism in Jerry's world. This exactly the reason why this team will suck badly well into the future...the players hear this also from Jerry and Garrett, and become complacent, never having to fear losing their jobs lol.

Ducking delusional apologist tying up cap space and refusing to accept when a player has aged and become injury prone, just keep on kicking the can down the road with salary extensions and restructures until you are so pressed against the cap year after year, you can never rebuild?

You fucking clowns haven't learned a thing after the past two decades I see...I have an idea, why not just sign Romo, Old man Witten, and Ware, to brand new deals until they reach the age of 46?? Hell, every player that has good seasons on the past can at least do that right?

This team has the softest delusional fanbase in all of football.

Last edited by a moderator:

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the kind of thinking that got this team into this fucking mess for so long, and will keep them irrelevant well into the foreseeable future. Excuse making apologist expecting every player that has a played decently over one point in the career, to return to their glorious past form with some magical dust sprinkled and some suck tape? Refusing to give up on past heart-throbs and man crushes people of team injuries or unlucky breaks every season lol.

Welcome to the world of delusional homerism in Jerry's world. This exactly the reason why this team will suck badly well into the future...

Ducking delusional apologist tying up cap space and refusing to accept when a player has aged and become injury prone, just keep on kicking the can down the road with salary extensions and restructures until you are so pressed against the cap year after year, you can never rebuild?

You fucking clowns haven't learned a thing after the past two decades I see...I have an idea, why not just sign Romo, Old man Witten, and Ware, to brand new deals until they reach the age of 46?? Hell, every player that has good seasons on the past can at least do that right?

Oh, how I love to watch you get aggravated.

WFRYE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a great way to run a football team, we're stuck with their bad contracts, so let's just support them and pray that one day they will return to form or be able to get past their mental mistakes?

Out of one side of your mouthes you talk about how bad Jerry's decisions have been for almost the past two decades, and out of the other you apologize for these players and look for any reason you can to excuse their most recent play?? You want your cake and eat it too?

You enable Jerry to fabricate these horrendous contracts by going to the games and supporting his continued erroneous decisions by buying his product while looking the other way and complaining about how he represents our team? Jerry just loves the drama all the while knowing that his sheep following fan base may still complain about how he has handled things over the past two decades, but still spend their hard earned money on any product he fields..under the ruse and guise of unwavering team support regardless of what's on the field?

You clowns should be ashamed of yourselves, and all I see is a bunch of whiny hypocrites unable to pressure Jerry into removing himself as GM and change the norm lol...only continuing to enable him as GM. You all are a bunch of frauds that lack organization, focus, and the will to hold Jerry accountable and hit him where it hurt most, his wallet and being to pay for his glorious playpen.

Last edited by a moderator:

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And see FRYE, this is why you get called a troll. Instead of just saying that you disagree with jarntt and we need to let go of Ware, you had to not only attack the poster you were quoting, but also attack the entire fan base for literally no reason.

Here is my take on Ware. Ware is only 31 years-old now. He's not like 35. He's not even as old as Romo. Given the lack of playoff success we've had with him here, it's not as if Ware has a ton of wear and tear on him. If you think this fan base and organization is bananas for wanting to keep someone like Ware, then please bash the organizations like Baltimore, who kept Ed Reed and Ray Lewis for probably too long, but they ended up winning a SB with them. The Giants kept Michael Strahan too long, but it netted them a SB. The Packers had Woodson past his prime. The Steelers kept Farrior and James Harrison past their primes. Hell, they have still kept Polamalu, and he is past his prime and older than Ware. I could go on and on. There is nothing wrong with keeping All-Pro players with HOF careers past their prime. And Ware, like all those players mentioned, can have good years later in his career because all of those guys mentioned had a stretch like Ware when they weren't highly productive only to bounce-back. As you get older and lose athleticism, you get smarter. Ware will get smarter and he will play better if he stays reasonably healthy.

Now somebody like Hatcher, Dez, etc., I do not mind if the Cowboys get rid of them. Hell, even if they found some way to get rid of Romo, I wouldn't mind. But Ware is different. He is HOF talent. You can't just cast him aside like he is trash. HOF players like him get smarter and find a way to stay highly productive as they age.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the kind of thinking that got this team into this fucking mess for so long, and will keep them irrelevant well into the foreseeable future. Excuse making apologists just continuing to blow smoke up player's asses, expecting every player that has played decently over one point in their careers, to return to their glorious past form with some magical dust sprinkled and some suck tape? Refusing to give up on past heart-throbs and man crushes people of team injuries or unlucky breaks every season lol.

Welcome to the world of delusional homerism in Jerry's world. This exactly the reason why this team will suck badly well into the future...the players hear this also from Jerry and Garrett, and become complacent, never having to fear losing their jobs lol.

Jerry makes a lot of dumb moves, think we can all agree here, but at least he didn't trade the whole Draft for a RB. Fuckface, you somehow make Jerry look like a genius.