• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

<< Tonights 3 Stars / 3 Goats >>

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love the kids play too, but like you all have said.....he really needs to change shit up and grows some balls for fucks sake.

He reminds me of one of my all-time most hated Flyer Chris Therien. Incredible size and strength, but they both lack that "edge", that aggressiveness that is required to take their play to another level.

Frustrating..

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If JVR is battling a hip problem then I can give him some slack but WTF is the team playing him for? Let the guy get better over the holidays and rest him up.

On a good note it sure was sweet to see the Flyers give it to the pens. That game could have been a blowout if it weren't for some lucky saves from maf. G's shot hit his shaft...ya too bad it wasn't the other one! ; ) That game sure did shut up a lot of pen fans I know today will be a very nice day....

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NY Rangers 1/2

Stars

1) Giroux. As usual, he showed up and played great.

2) Schenn. 1st NHL goal deserves a star

3) McDonagh. With his stupid delay of game penalty and his idiotic closing his hand on the puck in the crease blunder....he gave the Flyers every opportunity to win this game in the 3rd.

Goats

1) Lilja. Garbage.

2) Simmonds. Invisible.

3) Bob. Played half decent, but giving up that extremely weak short side goal negated all of the good.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NY Rangers 1/2

Stars

1) Giroux. As usual, he showed up and played great.

2) Schenn. 1st NHL goal deserves a star

3) McDonagh. With his stupid delay of game penalty and his idiotic closing his hand on the puck in the crease blunder....he gave the Flyers every opportunity to win this game in the 3rd.

Goats

1) Lilja. Garbage.
2) Simmonds. Invisible.

3) Bob. Played half decent, but giving up that extremely weak short side goal negated all of the good.

lilja kinda flew under the radar yesterday, but i'm glad you pointed him out.. he's freakin awful.. yesterday was the first day i really noticed him being terrible, but wow was he terrible.. hopefully gusty comes back up soon (playing for the phantoms the past few games)

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lilja kinda flew under the radar yesterday, but i'm glad you pointed him out.. he's freakin awful.. yesterday was the first day i really noticed him being terrible, but wow was he terrible.. hopefully gusty comes back up soon (playing for the phantoms the past few games)

Simmonds played a great game maybe in the top 3 Flyers, watch the game again he controled the puck down low like a mad man. He controled the offensive zone every time out on the ice.

this post was meant for Tox as he had simmonds listed as a goat.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simmonds played a great game maybe in the top 3 Flyers, watch the game again he controled the puck down low like a mad man. He controled the offensive zone every time out on the ice.

this post was meant for Tox as he had simmonds listed as a goat.

lol.. i thought the same, but lilja's 'play' took my comment haha

real nice to see schenn score.. and i haven't seen a happier hockey player in a long time.. good to see

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol.. i thought the same, but lilja's 'play' took my comment haha

real nice to see schenn score.. and i haven't seen a happier hockey player in a long time.. good to see

I thought besides Schenn's goal he didnt do much again, i hear this kid is supposed to be great but i've watched him play in every game that he has played in this year and dont see that much going on.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought besides Schenn's goal he didnt do much again, i hear this kid is supposed to be great but i've watched him play in every game that he has played in this year and dont see that much going on.

i still think its early.. he's only played like 7 games.. he hasn't had consistent linemates in any of them.. i see some flashes, he's pretty good at defending the puck i think, and made a few nice passes yesterday.. thats enough to keep me hopeful for now.. maybe now that he's got one he'll start getting it going

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i still think its early.. he's only played like 7 games.. he hasn't had consistent linemates in any of them.. i see some flashes, he's pretty good at defending the puck i think, and made a few nice passes yesterday.. thats enough to keep me hopeful for now.. maybe now that he's got one he'll start getting it going

I hope so that would make JVR expendable as soon as possible.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hawks

briere and bryz (top 2 paid guys that finished the game) were the worst flyers out there.. i thought everyone else played pretty well.. couple notables

bourdon - thought that was his best game so far.. very physical and very good w/ his stick.. definitely a good sign that as his minutes increase he gets better.. i really like what i see from him.. dare i say he's climbing the jersey rankings? (still haven't gotten a 2nd one.. G is the first)

rinaldo - one of his best games of the season.. perfect time for his fight.. great job back checking, and good job driving the net hard on Z's goal

couturier - at this point i dont think he's capable of playing poorly

and last, but probably most importantly - james van-fucking-riemsdyk.. welcome to the 2011-2012 season, its good to see you man.. went to the net and scored goals, imagine that.. thought he skated well tonight too

edit: i'm a liar. lilja sucks too. god is he bad.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
mm forgot to talk about hartnell's incredible pass.. it was really good.

also wanted to mention simmonds' positive.. i thought he was a monster on the forcheck

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stars:

Every forward not named Briere.
The defense when they were pinching in the offensive zone.

Goats:
Every forward named Briere.
The defense whenever they were not pinching in the offensive zone.
The goalie man.

Also, here's a tip: when you are stuck in your defensive zone for a while and one of your guys doesn't have a stick, ice the puck. Even if you stay on the ice, your guy gets his stick back.

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
hawks

briere and bryz (top 2 paid guys that finished the game) were the worst flyers out there.. i thought everyone else played pretty well.. couple notables

bourdon - thought that was his best game so far.. very physical and very good w/ his stick.. definitely a good sign that as his minutes increase he gets better.. i really like what i see from him.. dare i say he's climbing the jersey rankings? (still haven't gotten a 2nd one.. G is the first)

rinaldo - one of his best games of the season.. perfect time for his fight.. great job back checking, and good job driving the net hard on Z's goal

couturier - at this point i dont think he's capable of playing poorly

and last, but probably most importantly - james van-fucking-riemsdyk.. welcome to the 2011-2012 season, its good to see you man.. went to the net and scored goals, imagine that.. thought he skated well tonight too

edit: i'm a liar. lilja sucks too. god is he bad.

both were responsible for 1 goal against last night. rinaldo early with the lazy clear that led to a down low 2-1 quick deflection goal (somehow bryz fault). bourdon behind his own net with plenty of options giveaway that turns in to kane all alone in front.

as bryz's only supporter, i claim that the only goal that is close to his fault is the seabrook goal.

i believe that this organization (including us fans) do more to hurt their goalies than help. we have no patience, and turn on guys faster than any other fanbase in the country, especially at the position of flyers goaltender. the shit rolls downhill as the organization can't make up their minds what they want to do either. this is a YOUNG team, your are paying premium for a goalie that has a history of being a PREMIUM goalie. show some patience and ride it out and get him back on track. i don't care how he is playing right now as much as i care about how he plays in march and april, the only way to get him there is to play him the 65+ games he is used to.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stars:

Every forward not named Briere.
The defense when they were pinching in the offensive zone.

Goats:
Every forward named Briere.
The defense whenever they were not pinching in the offensive zone.
The goalie man.

This ^^^

..and I've been trying like hell to remain positive about Bryz, but the dude just hasn't hit his stride at all this season. One or two periods he's alert and reactive. The next, he's seemingly lost in the clouds. I believe he'll put it all together at some point, but until then.....
sleepy.gif
nailbiting.gif
no3.gif

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
both were responsible for 1 goal against last night. rinaldo early with the lazy clear that led to a down low 2-1 quick deflection goal (somehow bryz fault). bourdon behind his own net with plenty of options giveaway that turns in to kane all alone in front.

as bryz's only supporter, i claim that the only goal that is close to his fault is the seabrook goal.

i believe that this organization (including us fans) do more to hurt their goalies than help. we have no patience, and turn on guys faster than any other fanbase in the country, especially at the position of flyers goaltender. the shit rolls downhill as the organization can't make up their minds what they want to do either. this is a YOUNG team, your are paying premium for a goalie that has a history of being a PREMIUM goalie. show some patience and ride it out and get him back on track. i don't care how he is playing right now as much as i care about how he plays in march and april, the only way to get him there is to play him the 65+ games he is used to.

i get all that.. and i haven't started ripping on him until the past couple weeks.. IMO i have been patient.. this team is where they are in the standings in spite of him.. at 51 mil for 9 years you should have about 2 weeks to get your shit together, i gave him 3.5 months.

i dont remember either mistakes by bourdon or rinaldo (maybe i'm biased? lol) but regardless, they are rookies, they're going to make mistakes.. rinaldo himself stopped two 2-on-1's last night too, which is something i would NEVER expect him to do.. and bourdon pinched like crazy, was physical (the only physical d-man last night, again), and moved the puck fairly well (aside from that giveaway apparently)..

and to the deflection goals.. other goalies stop deflections because they are in good position and dont leave holes.. if it's deflected, bryz lets it in, period. that's bad goaltending. set yourself square to where the puck is coming from, put your arms at your sides with your glove up.. put your damn stick on the ice to cover your 5-hole and make yourself a wall.. i have 0 problems with a deflection goal if its over the shoulder or one of those ranger ones where the shot was going wide and it got tipped in behind him, but the seemingly endless supply of goals that were BARELY deflected finding ways through his 5-hole and between his arms is driving me crazy.. put your damn stick on the ice and cover your 5-hole, or if that's too much to ask, close your legs and cover less of the net.. keep rendering your stick useless.. this team will never succeed in the playoffs if bryz cant stop a small deflection, or a slight redirection off release

i hold my breath everytime the opponent shoots the puck because you never know, regardless of how harmless the shot looks, if bryz is paying attention.. last night was about the 7th game in a row where the flyers sustained a good cycle for 2+ minutes and then the other team came down and scored a quick one (2 last night).. the guy just goes off in to la-la land whenever the flyers start playing offense.. i get that it might be hard to stay focused, but i've NEVER seen a goalie give up so many goals when the team in front of him is dominating.. i thought last night was a pretty back and forth game, but at 4-2 with about 10 minutes left, the flyers were dominating, and bryz gave up a soft one to make it 4-3 and the momentum was completely gone

i want the guy to succeed.. i wanted them to throw him out there in the classic, and i want them to keep throwing him out there (until the team can't win by scoring 4+/game).. but i do think bob has been the more consistent goalie

Last edited by a moderator:

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bob has been more consistent but he also hasn't played as many games. I still remember a guy named Grant Fuhr...played in front of a high scoring team but when they needed that big save he made it. Can Bryz be that guy.....of course. Let the guy settle in we're only in Jan and are at the top of the conf without everyone playing on all cylinders.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sens part I:

Nothing makes me happier than to say briere and bryz played well enough to claim all 3 stars tonight. Well done guys, thank you.

Carle, timo, and the bottom 6 played very well too.

Bourdon looked like a rookie tonight and lilja was again terrible.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bryz-Solid
Briere-Nice bounce back, took you long enough
V-Dude is possessed

D-At times sloppier than Sean Avery's seconds
Power play- meh.

One of the best regular season games I have been too. A fuck load of huge hits, a hat trick, overtime, solid net minding. This is my 3rd game this week, whoulda thunk the Classic would be at the bottom of the list?

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bryz-Solid
Briere-Nice bounce back, took you long enough
V-Dude is possessed

D-At times sloppier than Sean Avery's seconds
Power play- meh.

One of the best regular season games I have been too. A fuck load of huge hits, a hat trick, overtime, solid net minding. This is my 3rd game this week, whoulda thunk the Classic would be at the bottom of the list?

How did Briere do in his fight? Who did he fight?

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How did Briere do in his fight? Who did he fight?

Solid job. He and Turris took penalties at the same time 5 minutes earlier, and Danny bumped him coming out of the box.

Good to see Danny hit this pussy

Last edited by a moderator: