• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

<< Tonights 3 Stars / 3 Goats >>

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Giroux is good.

2. As is his line.

2.5 Rinaldo, good job

3 Bryz, solid-ish

1. Buffalo D (^^^^^)

2. Miller (^^^^^)

3. Bryz. 3rd goal, meh. 1st 2 ok, 4th was meh, but to be fair a dman shoulda been there

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
different layout tonight cause i thought everyone made at least 1 good play.. so a few things i want to point out

giroux - 4 points.. its getting a little stale, maybe try playing lefty next time?

couturier - maybe the best game defensively for a forward this season.. he pulled at least 3 scoring chances from the slot out of thin air and took it the other way

hartnell - he deserves more credit than this board has been giving him, and i'm included in that.. he's been fantastic lately.. hitting, scoring, passing, making the right plays on defense.. but most of all, he's been the best 'shift transition' guy i've ever seen.. and what i mean by 'shift transition' guy is when giroux or jagr go off for a change, hartnell chases the puck down like rabid dog and forechecks his ass off until someone else gets in there and takes over for him.. i noticed it big time tonight, great work hartnell

jagr - amazing shift on his goal. great defensive play and then he went through the D like a hot knife through butter, then to put the cherry on it he ripped it top shelf, no big deal

lava - pushing all the right buttons.. how else can you explain a team coming back from 3 down twice in 1 week? plus i thought it was very intelligent to bench briere.. not sure if it was injury related, but it was deserved if it wasn't.. coots deserved the extra ice time tonight, and i thought read and simmonds both looked better w/ cooter in between them

voracek/talbot - nobody mentions the chemistry these two have, IMO its just a good as G/jagr chemistry wise

rinaldo - sorry you're this low on the list.. fantastic game tonight, roughing it up, skating hard, drawing penalties, well done.

jagr - gets his second call out because i think he must be teaching guys how to shield the puck.. there were multiple times in the 3rd when a flyer would just skate back and forth behind the net and shield the puck.. coots and voracek were the most noticeable, but giroux, simmonds, jvr, talbot, hartnell, and of course jagr, have all been very 'guilty' of this at one point or another

bryz - eh.. not the best.. but amazing save with 3 minutes left?

giroux - awesome interview on versus.. pierre wants to talk about how good you are and you immediately start talking about the vets 'showing you the way'.. and then you say the gameplan is to just outwork every team when he asks about how talented the team is? kick ass dude.. kick ass.. if i cant have taylor swift, you're next on the list.

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stars:

1. Claude Giroux
2. Jagr/Hartnell
3. Rinaldo for fighting the good fight and not taking a penalty on a clean hit for once.

Goats:

1. Defense in the first period. It's bad enough that you are giving the puck away and causing a 3 on 2, but then you both go after one guy who dishes and leave a 2 on 0. If you'd hung Bryz out to dry any more we'd still be taking clothespins off of him.
2. BAAAAD penalties. You can't board a guy like that, it's not right. And while yes, Buffalo deserved an instigator penalty on the ensuing fight, you are lucky they lost their cool. That's just sloppy.
3. Finishing out games. Should have been two points in regulation, not in OT. Defense can't let them get that shot set up, again, poor Bryz was helpless.

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
different layout tonight cause i thought everyone made at least 1 good play.. so a few things i want to point out

giroux - 4 points.. its getting a little stale, maybe try playing lefty next time?

couturier - maybe the best game defensively for a forward this season.. he pulled at least 3 scoring chances from the slot out of thin air and took it the other way

hartnell - he deserves more credit than this board has been giving him, and i'm included in that.. he's been fantastic lately.. hitting, scoring, passing, making the right plays on defense.. but most of all, he's been the best 'shift transition' guy i've ever seen.. and what i mean by 'shift transition' guy is when giroux or jagr go off for a change, hartnell chases the puck down like rabid dog and forechecks his ass off until someone else gets in there and takes over for him.. i noticed it big time tonight, great work hartnell

jagr - amazing shift on his goal. great defensive play and then he went through the D like a hot knife through butter, then to put the cherry on it he ripped it top shelf, no big deal

lava - pushing all the right buttons.. how else can you explain a team coming back from 3 down twice in 1 week? plus i thought it was very intelligent to bench briere.. not sure if it was injury related, but it was deserved if it wasn't.. coots deserved the extra ice time tonight, and i thought read and simmonds both looked better w/ cooter in between them

voracek/talbot - nobody mentions the chemistry these two have, IMO its just a good as G/jagr chemistry wise

rinaldo - sorry you're this low on the list.. fantastic game tonight, roughing it up, skating hard, drawing penalties, well done.

jagr - gets his second call out because i think he must be teaching guys how to shield the puck.. there were multiple times in the 3rd when a flyer would just skate back and forth behind the net and shield the puck.. coots and voracek were the most noticeable, but giroux, simmonds, jvr, talbot, hartnell, and of course jagr, have all been very 'guilty' of this at one point or another

bryz - eh.. not the best.. but amazing save with 3 minutes left?

giroux - awesome interview on versus.. pierre wants to talk about how good you are and you immediately start talking about the vets 'showing you the way'.. and then you say the gameplan is to just outwork every team when he asks about how talented the team is? kick ass dude.. kick ass.. if i cant have taylor swift, you're next on the list.

first point - heard on the post game that brierre is suffering from the flu and has been for about a week (don't know what bugs they have down in the flyers dressing room i swear the flu virus breeds in the walls there)

second point - pierre mcguire is such a tool

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buffalo 12/7

Screen-shot-2011-12-08-at-12.39.08-AM.png

That is all...

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Everybody-(1st and 2nd period)
2. Bryz-Solid as salad
3. Everybody.

1. 3rd period breakdown
2. Jagr, come on man, Lulz.
3. Pens, BOOM

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
giving credit where credit is due

Stars
1. Bryz - stats dont show it, but i'm giving him a steal for this one.. the team doesn't win without his performance.. fantastic early, unbelievable late.. great game bryz

2. Timonen - i think i'm gunna do my votes for the all-star game because i'm guessing he isn't getting the credit he deserves.. he's been INCREDIBLE

3. Mesz - bout time you made an appearance here boy.. very aggressive offensively, very physical defensively.. probably had 5+ turnovers still, but if he kept it to 5 he was probably the best flyer in that category tonight

Goats
1. Read - still love ya man, but we were wearing orange tonight.. might've set a record for turnovers in a single game tonight

2. Crosby - you pussy.

3. thats all i really got.. i guess i'll put kunitz here cause i hate him.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah...this ^^^

Adding Harry Z as the 4th star for getting beat up to create a spark. lol

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Stars
1. Bryz
2. Voracek
3. Hartnell

Goats
1. Crosby
2. Carle
3. Kennedy

Bryz starting to heat up which is a great sign.

I was very impressed with Voracek tonight, great play on the Simmonda goal (after great play by Giroux) but i dunno, I give him credit cause he just seemed to be in the mix the whole game.

Hate all you want on Hartnell, when he plays "his" game he really makes an impact. The guy cannot skate that is a fact, he even knows it (running joke on twitter). But when he is doing the dirty work, creating space for his linemates, and banging in the trash you can't help but see his value.

Matt Carle continues to disappoint me. Maybe its the log of ice time he is forced to hold now that the vets are playing 2 times as much as bourdon and marshall. in the first period i thought that lavy should have sat him until he woke up ha.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1)Bryz-Solid as my boner for his play tonight
2)Everybody
3)Everybody without CHJ

1)Caps-LOL
2)Vokoun-LOL
3)Hunter-LOL

PhillyPhaithful48

Pickles will Prevail
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
1)Bryz-Solid as my boner for his play tonight
2)Everybody
3)Everybody without CHJ

1)Caps-LOL
2)Vokoun-LOL
3)Hunter-LOL

Bryz - Stud
Voracek - Stud
Vokoun - Anti-stud

Simmonds - Just because I still have not forgiven you
Simmonds - Really? Just going to try and jump over Giroux?
Simmonds - Concussion dude. Concussion

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bryz - Stud
Voracek - Stud
Vokoun - Anti-stud

Simmonds - Just because I still have not forgiven you
Simmonds - Really? Just going to try and jump over Giroux?
Simmonds - Concussion dude. Concussion

You have to add Shitty in here for his One assist and him staying out of the box. Tox will not forgive you if you leave the Shitster off the list.:third:

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stars:

1. Claude Giroux - man, he sure got over that concussion thing quick. Not sure why he changed his number to 93 and started spelling it V-O-R-A-C-E-K, though. Must be the Canadian spelling?
2. Flyer forecheck - way to get on 'em, boys.
3. Hartnell for scoring more goals in 6 games than I would've guessed he'd score in 16 at the start of the year. Coburn for going all smashy smashy on that third goal.

Goats:
1. Simmonds, see above.
2. Bryzgalov. I can't believe you let that shitty first goal go in five hole. Right through you, and the shot was from 40 feet away. Wait, what's that? That was the other team's goalie? Oh, I'm sorry, I saw a beach ball score and I figured it must have gone in our net. Force of habit, really.
3. The ref, not for the calls, but for the deathcheck he put on Timonen. Let me put it in black and white for you, guy-who-dresses-in-black-and-white: when our dude comes at you in an attempt to get the puck which you oh-so-carelessly are standing right on top of, you either get out of the way, or take a fucking hit like a man. None of this hop up and almost hit a guy in the head on a team that is already missing a few to concussions shit.

Bonus goat: Existing in a universe where "I'm not sure whether it was Shelley or Bourdon who will get that goal" is a phrase somebody actually has to consider.

PhillyPhaithful48

Pickles will Prevail
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Stars:

3. The ref, not for the calls, but for the deathcheck he put on Timonen. Let me put it in black and white for you, guy-who-dresses-in-black-and-white: when our dude comes at you in an attempt to get the puck which you oh-so-carelessly are standing right on top of, you either get out of the way, or take a fucking hit like a man. None of this hop up and almost hit a guy in the head on a team that is already missing a few to concussions shit.

Bonus goat: Existing in a universe where "I'm not sure whether it was Shelley or Bourdon who will get that goal" is a phrase somebody actually has to consider.

Can you imagine if this gave Kimmo a concussion? All hell would break loose. We should have gotten a powerplay for that ridiculousness.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stars tonight
1-Bourdon
2- Shelly
3- Rinaldo

Goats tonight
1-Rangers
2-Pittsburgh
3- Minnesota

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to add Shitty in here for his One assist and him staying out of the box. Tox will not forgive you if you leave the Shitster off the list.:third:

He's not MY boy!! :frusty:

haha Dick.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington 12/13

Stars

1-2-3 Team Philadelphia. Way to grind the snot out of those bitches boys. Wow. :thumb:

Goats

1-2-3 Team Washington. Way to suck shit through a straw. Excellent. :thumbsdown: