• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tomorrow's game is going to be extremely complelling

Am I Blue Through it All?

Herald of the Apocalypse
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They say game 3 is often the pivotal game in a playoff series, but this one certainly holds a lot of interest.

A fact that Meat fans hand their hats on is that Miami has won the next game after a loss 10 consecutive times after a loss in the playoffs. Meat hater or not, that is one helluvan impressive statistic. Can the Pacers break that streak? Certainly. The question is, will they?

You sorta expect the Meat will come out on fire tomorrow with LeBron and Wade taking the lead. I expect both to go to the hole early and try to get the Pacers front line in foul trouble. But then, I am sure the Pacers are expecting that too. If LeBron gets past you let him have the shot. Better than watching the game from the bench.

The Meat were able to put pressure on the Pacers offense and stall them a bit in short spurts, but don't seem to have the same defensive intensity as they have brought in the past. If this continues, the Pacers will win the series.

I am not ashamed or afraid to admit it. LeBron is still the best player on the planet, whether you like him or not, and this series should be the best so far in the playoffs. I imagine there will be times I won't, but I am going to try real hard to just enjoy this matchup.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You make a good point. If the Heat do what the Heat do a bounce back from the game 1 loss with a win in game 2, then all is well from the Heat's perspective.

However, if the Pacers are able to follow up the game 1 win with a win in game 2, we could very well see some doubt start to creep in for the Heat.

Am I Blue Through it All?

Herald of the Apocalypse
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You make a good point. If the Heat do what the Heat do a bounce back from the game 1 loss with a win in game 2, then all is well from the Heat's perspective.

However, if the Pacers are able to follow up the game 1 win with a win in game 2, we could very well see some doubt start to creep in for the Heat.

Yeah, there is a lot of drama early in this series. The Pacers needed to win desperately yesterday and did. Not quite the same level of concern for the Heat tomorrow, but it is still a major game for them. If the Pacers can win back-to-back games, the Heats "shell" of invincibility will have been pierced. Then Pacers would only need to take one in Miami to virtually assure themselves moving on to the finals.

Huge game for both teams.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They say game 3 is often the pivotal game in a playoff series, but this one certainly holds a lot of interest.

Miami has won the next game after a loss 10 consecutive times after a loss in the playoffs.Can the Pacers break that streak? Certainly. The question is, will they?

I imagine there will be times I won't, but I am going to try real hard to just enjoy this matchup.

I picked IND in this series just based on the matchup and the depth...I agree both Wade and Lebron will be more aggressive going to the hole, but imo LeBron & Wade won't be enough, especially on the road...they're going to need the spot up shooters to make shots...Allen needs dbl figures in this series as I don't think Bosh will be a big asset on OFC.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Still, even if the Pacers win game 2 they have only done what they are supposed to do: win at home. The heat still only need to win 1 of 4 games at Indy if they can manage to win at home. The Heat won't worry until they lose at home to the Pacers.

Steelboy84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a must win for Indiana as I think Miami will win the next two at home. They cannot afford to take their foot off the gas. Hopefully they learned from last year.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tomorrow is a win win for me as a heat fan. If we lose, no big deal as indy just held serve and miami will have their chance to do the same while if Miami win, I know that Miami will have a tremendous opportunity to be heading back to Indy up 3-1 in game 5.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
" If we lose, no big deal as indy just held serve and miami.."

No...it's not a big deal, certainly was more important for IND to take game one. Idk if MIA can handle another dbl digit loss though...game 1, experienced team, not a big deal...another one, I think they will start to question something.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just as I said after game one of the nets series, I highly expected any other win for miami in that series to be by double digits and I think the same way in this series. Miami defense will be better and it will be a close game decided in the final 5 minutes probably.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idk if MIA can handle another dbl digit loss though...game 1, experienced team, not a big deal...another one, I think they will start to question something.

I think you are projecting Indy's fragile psyche onto Miami.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still, even if the Pacers win game 2 they have only done what they are supposed to do: win at home. The heat still only need to win 1 of 4 games at Indy if they can manage to win at home. The Heat won't worry until they lose at home to the Pacers.

I agree and disagree. I agree that all the Pacers will have done is hold home court. However, if memory serves, the Heat have never faced an 0-2 deficit in the playoffs since they got the big 3. Being up 2-0 would be huge for the Pacers from a confidence standpoint and could shake the Heat's confidence a bit.

That doesn't mean that the Heat won't win the series, but it would make it a whole lot tougher. I'm not sure this years Heat will be able to overcome an 0-2 deficit.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being down 2-0 after losing the first 2 road games isn't nearly as bad as being down 3-2 heading back on the road for game 6, being down 3-2 and down 6 with 30 seconds to go, or being down 2-1 and on the road for game 4.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The heat are a mentally tough team. Their confidence won't be shaken after losing 2 road games knowing they're going back home for 2 games. As logic said some of you are acting like the heat are the pacers. This team is not fragile at all. If they lose the first 2 all they going to look it as it's our turn to hold serve and make it a best of 3 series.

wiskyisgood12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've gone back and forth on this. Part of me thinks all of the pressure is on the Heat, everyone is jumping on the point that the Heat have come back from losing Game 1 four times..losing Game 2 doesn't mean the series is over, but winning will do a lot of their confidence.

On the other hand, I think all of the pressure is on the Pacers, they've had a rough stretch to end the season and they had a rough 2 series stretch to start the playoffs. And, again, not saying a 2-0 series lead means the Pacers can go on cruise control, but it would be big for their mental state going into Miami.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree and disagree. I agree that all the Pacers will have done is hold home court. However, if memory serves, the Heat have never faced an 0-2 deficit in the playoffs since they got the big 3. Being up 2-0 would be huge for the Pacers from a confidence standpoint and could shake the Heat's confidence a bit.

That doesn't mean that the Heat won't win the series, but it would make it a whole lot tougher. I'm not sure this years Heat will be able to overcome an 0-2 deficit.

"Of course they will overcome an 0-2 deficit if it comes to that. That's why we got Oden for, he will take us to the top " - Heatards

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you are projecting Indy's fragile psyche onto Miami.

lol...good point! Still the 2-time champ (big 3) need to make the adjustment.

I'm thinking 2-0 the IND role players will have a little more confidence going into MIA than they would have going in there 1-1.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 things about this thread.

1) a lot of you are talking like game 2 has been decided already

2) people act like being down 2-0 when you're the team without home court is such a huge defict.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

2) people act like being down 2-0 when you're the team without home court is such a huge defict.

1....nah, I don't think anyone is counting the Heat out in game 2, they are quite capable.

2....I think it's a bigger deal than just holding serve if you will....especially for IND...MIA knows they can beat IND 4 times, IND thinks they can beat MIA 4 times...2-0 is a mental boost.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Relax everybody is just having a little fun, is that against the law? you should try having some fun too. That's what SportsHoopla is all about buddy.

tumblr_m6uz36A7V71ryjk8ao1_500.gif