• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tom Herman is not effing around

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Herman's going to land the best DB class in the nation his first full class.......but we still need DL and LBs.

Pariah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, they'll beat Kansas this year?

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might be pulling in the #1 class for 2018......
We'll see. Long way to go and some ground to catch up on with the teams currently ranked ahead of them. Right now there's nothing really special about their class when compared to the rest of the teams ranked in the top 10 in recruiting. Given recent history, they're going to need another 4-5 five star players to get that top spot.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll see. Long way to go and some ground to catch up on with the teams currently ranked ahead of them. Right now there's nothing really special about their class when compared to the rest of the teams ranked in the top 10 in recruiting. Given recent history, they're going to need another 4-5 five star players to get that top spot.

They aren't going to get the top spot........but #2 or 3 is very much in play.

They'll end up with about 3-5 5 stars.......they're #4 right now and that's with a kicker committed. Drop that kid and they're #2

There isn't a lot of ground to cover. If they land who they expect to, it's a top 3 class most likely. The only difference currently is the raw number of recruits.....they're going to end with a full 25. By average they're top 2 already......with a KICKER in the class.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They aren't going to get the top spot........but #2 or 3 is very much in play.

They'll end up with about 3-5 5 stars.......they're #4 right now and that's with a kicker committed. Drop that kid and they're #2

There isn't a lot of ground to cover. If they land who they expect to, it's a top 3 class most likely. The only difference currently is the raw number of recruits.....they're going to end with a full 25. By average they're top 2 already......with a KICKER in the class.
I don't think the kicker is hurting your class. It's the fact that all the teams ranked higher have either more five star commitments or more four star commitments.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the kicker is hurting your class. It's the fact that all the teams ranked higher have either more five star commitments or more four star commitments.
Ohio State is killing it on the avg star ranking right now, and it's only going to be better. Micah Parsons is expected to commit to OSU soon and he's the #3 player in the country. They're the heavy favorites for #8, #12, #47, #54, #63, #80, and are very seriously in the mix with #5 and #29. They could very easily end up with 16-18 kids ranked in the top 80 when all is said and done. Texas is going to need a miracle to catch them.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Texas has less commitments total.......but higher average. They expect to land 3-5 5 stars which will surpass everyone except Ohio State

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#1, #3 who really cares. All that matters is Herman is using his resources to recruit, and is actually leaving the state to grab a few. If he can win 8-9 games this season the momentum will be off the charts.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas has less commitments total.......but higher average. They expect to land 3-5 5 stars which will surpass everyone except Ohio State
The star average isn't how teams are ranked. It's based on points given to the team's recruits (it might even be limited to the top 20 players in the class). So the kicker, while a 2 star, actually helps the class rank because it does add points to Texas' total.

You can see that here:
2018 Texas Football Class Calculator

Texas actually got bumped up 5 points because the kicker was added to the class. Remove the kicker and Texas' class actually drops 5 points (which you can see when you remove him in the calculator).

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mack won a national title and played for another. He didn't clean up just in February, he actually won something. I'm a man I'm 40 hasn't done either one. :2cents:

I still love that line.....I use it as well, of course as the 40's creep by fast I change that 40 to 40 something...:L

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#1, #3 who really cares.
True dat. History indicates a team just has to be in the top (fill in the blank) for a few consecutive years to have a chance at a natty via the CFP. #1, #2, #5.

History also proves that if you are outside that (fill in the blank) number, you don't really have a chance. So the pool of potential national champion teams each year is determined partially by where they ranked in the previous years recruiting classes.

Just the way it is. Don't know the last team that was full of lower recruiting classes and still had a chance at the natty. And, I'm not technomological enough to know how to look it up.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still love that line.....I use it as well, of course as the 40's creep by fast I change that 40 to 40 something...:L
40s are so damn far back in the rear view mirror I can't even see 'em! :gaah:

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A #1 class is probably an unrealistic pipe dream
But, getting a top 10 class as a new coach with a (5-7) program is a fantastic start.

this might be the highest rated TEXAS class in over 10 years.
He is crushing it....and there are big targets still to get that are suddenly texas leans.

More importantly, the boosters love him as well. They are opening up the checkbooks again.
Charlie Strong never seemed to have the support of any of the boosters from day 1.

Meh, it was mainly Red McCombs. But it turns out, he was right when he said Strong was the wrong hire. Worst winning percentage of any coach in UT history. The majority of your Texas Exes chapters fully supported Strong.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The star average isn't how teams are ranked. It's based on points given to the team's recruits (it might even be limited to the top 20 players in the class). So the kicker, while a 2 star, actually helps the class rank because it does add points to Texas' total.

You can see that here:
2018 Texas Football Class Calculator

Texas actually got bumped up 5 points because the kicker was added to the class. Remove the kicker and Texas' class actually drops 5 points (which you can see when you remove him in the calculator).

This is true, but at this time average rank is probably a better indicator of where a team will finish. You have a handful of teams that have 14-15 commits that are ranked 15-20. They have 0 shot staying there. I am pretty sure USC will have a better class than Minesota, despite the current rankings

Kicker certainly hurts a class. He is 5 pts. Lowest recruit in a class will always hurt your class

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is true, but at this time average rank is probably a better indicator of where a team will finish. You have a handful of teams that have 14-15 commits that are ranked 15-20. They have 0 shot staying there. I am pretty sure USC will have a better class than Minesota, despite the current rankings

Kicker certainly hurts a class. He is 5 pts. Lowest recruit in a class will always hurt your class
Again, not at all. I'll give you that I personally think the average star rank is important because no all teams have equal class sizes and especially small classes are ranked poorly because they don't hit the 20 recruit cap; despite only having 10-19 spots to fill.

But in terms of projecting a class rank, it really doesn't mean much at any point because at the end it only ranks the top 20 recruits.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I just turned 50 this year so can't use it anymore.

:(