• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tom Brady - Retirement Party

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He doesn’t have anything more to prove, he already didn’t have more to prove a long time ago. I really think he wants to focus on family, at his age it makes sense.
Winning a SB without the Patriots was probably huge for him. Also got to crush Mahomes and beat him in a coinflip game.

So I wouldn't say he hasn't had anything to prove for a long time. But now? Nothing to prove.

Think McFly Think

Unaware and Oblivious Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winning a SB without the Patriots was probably huge for him. Also got to crush Mahomes and beat him in a coinflip game.

So I wouldn't say he hasn't had anything to prove for a long time. But now? Nothing to prove.
Yeah, that’s fair

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked him on Tampa, Rams could finally beat him.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought so after the game. I'm not a yuge Brady follower, so I could be wrong; but I don't remember seeing Brady ever smiling after a loss. Especially in the playoffs. Most of the time he'll maybe shake the other QB's hand and then leave the field, he's also been accused many times of nit shaking hands at all after a loss. He's such a competitor that he just doesn't deal with it well. But after the Rams game he was out there smiling and shaking everyone's hand, and tome it seemed like he was kind of "taking it all in." I thought right then and there it was probably the last time we saw him play.

Chief Cola

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would be heartbreaking. Hope he comes back for one more.
Bless your soul for being so appreciative of his career. That guy hasn't sat right with me for over 20 years lol.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I seriously doubt he hangs them up yet. He still has the fire in the belly to compete. He just came off one of his best statistical seasons so his skills aren't diminished. The only thing that maybe plays a factor is if his kids ask him to quit. Then, maybe he considers it after talking to them. It's not about proving anything, it's about the drive to compete. Almost all of these guys play until they can't. Montana, Rice, Brees, Big Ben, Peyton, it's a long list of guys that don't walk away until the ability to play well is gone.

UnrealTerm04

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I seriously doubt he hangs them up yet. He still has the fire in the belly to compete. He just came off one of his best statistical seasons so his skills aren't diminished. The only thing that maybe plays a factor is if his kids ask him to quit. Then, maybe he considers it after talking to them. It's not about proving anything, it's about the drive to compete. Almost all of these guys play until they can't. Montana, Rice, Brees, Big Ben, Peyton, it's a long list of guys that don't walk away until the ability to play well is gone.

I agree. I hope he comes back but that is just me being selfish because I enjoy seeing him play. I really want to see him in the Creamsicle jersey! haha! See, I'm being selfish. Ok for real though, I hope he comes back for one more season, but I would not be surprised if he retires. The Bucs will probably lose Leftwich and/or Bowels and players like Suh and JPP might retire. So, there is that to that he will consider. Godwin and Fournette are Free Agents, so they have the ability to sign anywhere. Gronkowski doesn't matter because if Brady comes back for one more season, then he will too. So, it's not just his family, he has to look at the entire team as well.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Coinflip games are fun, if your teams win the toss and score a TD, KC benefited from it vs Bills. Reid was bitching about it after the loss, wonder if he changed his opinion on OT rules?

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bless your soul for being so appreciative of his career. That guy hasn't sat right with me for over 20 years lol.
People could start feeling the same way about Mahomes if he keeps winning titles

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People could start feeling the same way about Mahomes if he keeps winning titles
Probably. Id imagine if the Chiefs make the SB then most people will be rooting for LA or SF. More people are rooting for Cinci right now even though they're set up to get really good on offense for longer than the Chiefs.

The weird part of Brady being the GOAT is that he isnt the MJ of the NFL or the Magic Johnson or the Shaq. He is Tim Duncan. He won some rings being on great teams. He won some rings being the best player in the NFL. Brady showed that fundamentals and longevity are the key to being the best ever in the NFL. So guys like Rodgers and Mahomes will get hyped up as better than Brady but they simply wont ever have the career to back it up.

I suspect the coin flip rules might get altered but you arent going to make everyone happy.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably. Id imagine if the Chiefs make the SB then most people will be rooting for LA or SF. More people are rooting for Cinci right now even though they're set up to get really good on offense for longer than the Chiefs.

The weird part of Brady being the GOAT is that he isnt the MJ of the NFL or the Magic Johnson or the Shaq. He is Tim Duncan. He won some rings being on great teams. He won some rings being the best player in the NFL. Brady showed that fundamentals and longevity are the key to being the best ever in the NFL. So guys like Rodgers and Mahomes will get hyped up as better than Brady but they simply wont ever have the career to back it up.

I suspect the coin flip rules might get altered but you arent going to make everyone happy.
True unless you play an extra Q, and after the last 2 min of the KC/Buffalo game, scoring we have never seen before, be crazy . Not sure people would like the college OT rules if they put in NFL. If they did maybe give the ball to both offenses at their own 25, and give both teams a chance? But your right not everyone will be happy. As far as the Brady comparison ,More like Jordan than Duncan imo. Brady has led the NFL in TD's, Yards etc many times. His teams were always good on D but he lacked offensive weapons most of career. BB is just under .500 in NE w/o him and we all know the lack of playoff success. Now if someone likes flashy QB that doing amazing throws and on the run, then maybe comparing them to a Steph Curry would be more fair, like that's what I think of when I see Rodgers, he is the Steph Curry of the NBA

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True unless you play an extra Q, and after the last 2 min of the KC/Buffalo game, scoring we have never seen before, be crazy . Not sure people would like the college OT rules if they put in NFL. If they did maybe give the ball to both offenses at their own 25, and give both teams a chance? But your right not everyone will be happy. As far as the Brady comparison ,More like Jordan than Duncan imo. Brady has led the NFL in TD's, Yards etc many times. His teams were always good on D but he lacked offensive weapons most of career. BB is just under .500 in NE w/o him and we all know the lack of playoff success. Now if someone likes flashy QB that doing amazing throws and on the run, then maybe comparing them to a Steph Curry would be more fair, like that's what I think of when I see Rodgers, he is the Steph Curry of the NBA
I'm not trying to take anything away from Brady being the GOAT. Im just saying that the sports translate differently.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not trying to take anything away from Brady being the GOAT. Im just saying that the sports translate differently.
They really do and why I always have thought individual stats mean a lot less in the NFL than in any of the other major sports when it comes to winning championships.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew you weren't , and some people still have Montana as GOAT or others, subjective. Duncan had Robinson, Parker, Manu etc, Brady imo was more important to the team, because they didn't provide him with star power, except for a few years wiht Moss and then Gronk was a great pick and Hernandez might have too , if he wasn't a maniac killer. Now he gets extreme talent in TB and puts up over 40 tds in both seasons, and 10k yards combined yards, not bad for a 44 yr old guy. Until NE gets a new GM, Pats will be flat on offense, Belichick sucks in that dept. How he got executive of the year award, is beyond. Pays Aghalor and Jonnu Smith big money and FA, and what did they contribute. Guys like Jordan, Russell Wilson and see Mahomes having it as great leaders and extremely clutch, and that is more imo in my opinion than some tangibles.
Now if we see more QBs coming in like Mahomes and Allen, will be like Madden video games, QB can scramble for 20 yards or throw a 70 yard TD, which D do I play?

Last edited:

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew you weren't , and some people still have Montana as GOAT or others, subjective. Duncan had Robinson, Parker, Manu etc, Brady imo was more important to the team, because they didn't provide him with star power, except for a few years wiht Moss and then Gronk was a great pick and Hernandez might have too , if he wasn't a maniac killer. Now he gets extreme talent in TB and puts up over 40 tds in both seasons, and 10k yards combined yards, not bad for a 44 yr old guy. Until NE gets a new GM, Pats will be flat on offense, Belichick sucks in that dept. How he got executive of the year award, is beyond. Pays Aghalor and Jonnu Smith big money and FA, and what did they contribute. Guys like Jordan, Russell Wilson and see Mahomes having it as great leaders and extremely clutch, and that is more imo in my opinion than some tangibles.
Now if we see more QBs coming in like Mahomes and Allen, will be like Madden video games, QB can scramble for 20 yards or throw a 70 yard TD, which D do I play?
I was watching a video of Brady's first game yesterday. I'm not sure I fully agree with the narrative that Brady didn't have talent around him for large chunks of his career.

I do think Bellichick ran out of gas and probably cost Brady a couple of times but the parity rules in the NFL are absolutely nuts. Look at the Bengals getting Burrow and Chase with top picks in two years and now they're a game away from the SB. I think these parity rules will prevent another Brady from ever happening. But I guess we'll find out.

UnrealTerm04

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Brett Favre retired, many sports analysts said that his passing yards would never be broken, there even was a "Top 10 NFL records that will never be broken" show on NFL Network and that was on it. Well, look what happened. It's entirely possible that Mahomes, Allen, Burrow, Herbet will pass Brady's 84,000 passing yards especially with the extra game. Bradshaw at one time was considered the GOAT of QBs, then Montana and many thought then his 40,000 passing yards was astonishing. Brady is considered the GOAT today but in 15 years that will change. If an 80-year-old person thinks Bradshaw is the GOAT, he is not wrong. During that time period in the NFL, Bradshaw was a winner. Same with Montana during his time. Bradshaw, Montana, Elway, P.Manning, Brees, Favre, Brady all was great at what they did, and all played the game differently.

The AFC championship games for years to come with Mahomes, Allen, Burrow, Herbert, Jackson will be fun to watch!!! And Watson still has a spot someone whether its AFC or NFC. maybe even Mayfield.