• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Does Tom Brady have a great point here?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won't argue that. Though as he's suggesting in the video posted, now the WR's are also protected more than ever
While true, you aren't seeing that translate into more offense. The part where I think Brady is wrong is that he blames coaching. I dont think thats it at all. WRs are better coached at the college level than they used to be, are taken earlier in the draft, and expected to produce at an earlier rate than they used to be. This is a function of rookie contracts, parity, and the salary cap. Teams cant afford to sign expensive WRs so rookies are expected to play immediately. You also have defenses running '4-2' defenses instead of 3-4 or 4-3. This adds an extra DB. So teams can take away your best receiving option at any given down. Teams need to run the ball to keep defenses honest but its not working.

Back in the day if you ran 4-2 against Brady he would audible into a run. And it worked. Not sure whats different. Its entirely possible that coaches are just simply not seeing the game the way Brady did and does

Last edited:

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think part of it is defenses and DC's are finally starting to catch up to the offenses that we've been seeing the last few years. But I don't think it's as bad as Brady may think it is. It's just a shift correction. Of course, I believe QB play is down across the board this year so that is skewing things a bit too. A lot of injuries and a lot of marquis players having unusual struggles.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see a big difference in most areas of the NFL, with the exception of coaching. I think coaching has not been great lately. But even then, I've watched the Lions pretty religiously for about 35 years now. We had a coach, Marty Mornhinweg, who won the coin toss in overtime against the Bears and gave them the ball. So it's not like coaching 20 years ago didn't have it flaws too.

I hate that the NFL is not as aggressive as it once was. Unfortunately though, that is the only way they could go. With CTE and all the injuries, they needed a way to make the game safer. On top of that, no one wants to watch the best players hurt all the time and careers shortened. So although I miss the physicality of the NFL of the 80's, 90's, and 2000's, I don't miss all the players getting hurt and careers being shortened. Although the stats may say those things really have change over the past 35+ years.
The best players ARE hurt. We aren't getting Jefferson, Chubb, and Burrow. When were all the top guys hurt in the 90s or 00s?

Marty is a better offensive coach than half the guys in the league. The coaching is atrocious now; with younger guys, that have less hours put into the game, and more technology doing half the work for them.

Can't blame only the coaches though when the league took their coaching time away just so they could continue to underpay most of the players.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude is the goat. Enough said

Dont disagree with that one bit.

Doesnt mean he's not an ass. MJ is an ass. He is GOAT too. Tiger Woods is a slimeball. Barry Bonds is a dick.

Being good at sports doesnt mean they are a good people or that they are right when you talk about sports.

Brady played in the EXACT same era that he is now criticizing and the only reason he is a GOAT is because he played in that same "medicore" he described.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the QB position yes. RB ok. WR no. The rest not at all

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hasn't even been out of the league for one full season and now he thinks he sucks. Yeah, he's not full of himself at all.

If Montana and Staubach had protection from the refs in their eras that Brady enjoyed, Brady would just be a mudstain on their shoes.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you're a big stupid poopy head.

Aww did I say something bad about your sport god??

baby crying GIF

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aww did I say something bad about your sport god??

baby crying GIF

You actually took a shit on four of the greatest players of all time at their respective sports.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Montana and Staubach had protection from the refs in their eras that Brady enjoyed, Brady would just be a mudstain on their shoes.

Just imagine where Manning would be.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont disagree with that one bit.

Doesnt mean he's not an ass. MJ is an ass. He is GOAT too. Tiger Woods is a slimeball. Barry Bonds is a dick.

Being good at sports doesnt mean they are a good people or that they are right when you talk about sports.

Brady played in the EXACT same era that he is now criticizing and the only reason he is a GOAT is because he played in that same "medicore" he dedescribed.
:trash:

So much garbage. Slandering Brady with Barry Bonds and Tiger talk.

Brady played most of his career around/against more veteran coaches and better practices. Same stuff he is talking about, and the same stuff I expanded on. Details.