• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: tOfficial RRSO thread

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before the game I was thinking this again...

SOONERS-1.jpg

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I notice nobody is mentioning the other "thing" about why this defense played great, other than they actually TACKLED!!! Hate to say it, but Adrian Phillips getting hurt helped big time. The guy is one of the worst safeties that has ever played at the 40 Acres. Takes bad angles, can't tackle and can't cover. That Scott kid filled in just fine, IMO.

Philips was one of the better players in the game. I think the biggest difference is the secondary. Akina's group has made the biggest jump.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tex over ou gold hat.jpg

Have to give the guys their enjoyment of this moment

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That reminds me. For all those OU fans who think OU should have went to the SEC isn't it a little bit strange that the most cherished trophy OU plays for, besides the NC we want, is a golden COWBOY hat. Now doesn't that tell you Oklahoma's past is more tied to the old west than the old south?

tech_iceman

#winning
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas was tired of hearing all of the BS about how they were turrible and were gonna get Edward Norton'ed by the Sooners and Mack was gonna get fired and etc etc

you could tell they played with a chip on their shoulder just by the post game Mack gave... "be careful what you say"

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That reminds me. For all those OU fans who think OU should have went to the SEC isn't it a little bit strange that the most cherished trophy OU plays for, besides the NC we want, is a golden COWBOY hat. Now doesn't that tell you Oklahoma's past is more tied to the old west than the old south?

you're absolutely right. Oklahoma, and Texas, are not the old South. They are kind of their own thing.

Western, Southwestern, whatever? They are certainly not Midwest. They don't fit in the SEC, PAC or B1G. They just don't.

Not sure what that says for realignment, but it just seems that way.

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you're absolutely right. Oklahoma, and Texas, are not the old South. They are kind of their own thing.

Western, Southwestern, whatever? They are certainly not Midwest. They don't fit in the SEC, PAC or B1G. They just don't.

Not sure what that says for realignment, but it just seems that way.

Starting with the cattle drives after the Civil War, Texas, Oklahoma and Kansas became tied together in a way. Cowboys, ranchers and then wheat farmers. Barbwire controversies and outlaws were the norm in all three states.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas was tired of hearing all of the BS about how they were turrible and were gonna get Edward Norton'ed by the Sooners and Mack was gonna get fired and etc etc

you could tell they played with a chip on their shoulder just by the post game Mack gave... "be careful what you say"

yeah it's exactly like the Notre Dame game for OU. They where sick and tired of hearing how they can't beat the Irish and OU just wanted it more.

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF YOU HAVE THE NEED FOR BULLETIN BOARD MATERIAL TO DO YOUR JOB THE BEST YOU CAN EVERY TIME, THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG WITH YOUR MOTIVATION GLAND. GTFO.

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think what this game really proves is that Texas does have the talent to play championship football, but the right coaching is what's missing. Could you imagine seeing these kind of performances week in, week out by a real head coach like Shaw or Strong?

:ipw: