• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Bears 2024 offseason thread

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the risk of sounding like BSG, we arent drafting a WR at #9.
Poles will probably trade that pick.
Using the #9 on what-would be a WR3 (in a very deep WR class) for a team who has a history of barely passing enough to keep their WR1 relevant is not practical.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the risk of sounding like BSG, we arent drafting a WR at #9.
Poles will probably trade that pick.
Using the #9 on what-would be a WR3 (in a very deep WR class) for a team who has a history of barely passing enough to keep their WR1 relevant is not practical.
Responding to the italicized: There’s a reason for that. And it’s about to change. I wouldn’t mind taking Odunze or Nabors. They might end up being the best wr on the roster and Caleb williams gets a wr he can grow with.

I think this draft is about getting the offense square. That number nine pick is going to be used to help Caleb, whether we trade back or not. I think Poles goal this year is to break the qb curse, and I fully support that.

However, if I’m wrong and he takes a DE, then I’ll still be happy. I think we got a great opportunity in this draft.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Picking Bowers would be the dumbest pick ever. Especially after signing Kmet long term. What is it with these idiots on this board loving and thinking we need a pass catch backup TE? I call it the retarded grey pubes syndrome (rgps).

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are in more dire need than I thought.
Ever think about looking beyond the WR position to get a better understanding where we are dire? After doing so then prioritize based on positional importance.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this draft is about getting the offense square. That number nine pick is going to be used to help Caleb, whether we trade back or not. I think Poles goal this year is to break the qb curse, and I fully support that.
If breaking the qb curse requires us to have an all pro wr group, that’s not really breaking the curse.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ever think about looking beyond the WR position to get a better understanding where we are dire? After doing so then prioritize based on positional importance.
Yes,but we are very thin there......Bowers is 4th on my list of players I woukd like to see onat the recieving corps.....
I would love to have a Kekce,Kittke,Hockenson,LaPorta or a Mark Andrews......
Bowers could fill that imho......

We get one of those four,and Williams is gonna set for a very long time.

DJ
Allen(short term)
No 3rd stringer.....
In another year we very well will be having this same conversation.......leave no stones unturned.

Our oline is good,not outstanding but goid.....

Get that guy some weapons now and lets turn everything towards thar def at the trade deadline,with 3 picks coming in the first 2 rounds next season......not too mention freeagency.

Us Bear fans having something to get very excited about.......

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Picking Bowers would be the dumbest pick ever. Especially after signing Kmet long term. What is it with these idiots on this board loving and thinking we need a pass catch backup TE? I call it the retarded grey pubes syndrome (rgps).
Dude,I already gave you a few days off for trolling,and here you are doing it again.....
Next time its permanent.
We are not gonna clog every thread with you two badgering posters.....
NOT HAPPENING.....

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not against drafting a WR, it just wont be at 9. With such a deep class - I believe PFF has about 12 WR in the top 100 - there's a chance to get a good one later.

Plus there are other issues. Not all are depth related. Is Poles' job secure if the Bears dont make the playoffs? (Or if CW is a bust?) Same for Eberflus? Bears need to make decisions that pay dividends this year.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Responding to the italicized: There’s a reason for that. And it’s about to change. I wouldn’t mind taking Odunze or Nabors. They might end up being the best wr on the roster and Caleb williams gets a wr he can grow with.

However, if I’m wrong and he takes a DE, then I’ll still be happy. I think we got a great opportunity in this draft.
Pretty much to a T is my agreement with your take. Probably not a great chance that Odunze or Nabers will be there at 9, but if so, I'm 100% for taking either one. Yes, we have two topnotch WRs starting for us, arguably the best duo in the Norris. But after them, the position paper thin. And let's remember that Allen, as good as he is, will be playing in his age 32 season, plus only 2 of his 11 years has he been healthy for the entire season.

But also like you, if Poles opts for a DE/Edge, I'm happy. If he opts for an OT, I'm happy. If he opts for a trade back, I'm happy, as I'm sure he'll make a deal that maxes the team's best interest.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want Joe Alt the most. The idea of Alt/Wright growing together with Williams is just something I can get on board with.

But I'm pretty good with any of this group of (realistic/potential) picks for #9 outside of Alt-in no particular order:

Odunze
Nabers
Fashanu
Verse
Turner

Anyone outside of this group and Alt, I would venture to say trading down from 9 is a good option as you'll probably get equivalent talent if you are trading into later 1st/early 2nd.

Happy with either direction.

That said...Maybe we get a door #3 at #9? I'm doubtful about it. No way somebody like Harrison falls to us and I'm fairly certain the group above is almost all a given "solid pick" at 9, along with being a need, which is important as we have some bigass holes.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want Joe Alt the most. The idea of Alt/Wright growing together with Williams is just something I can get on board with.

But I'm pretty good with any of this group of (realistic/potential) picks for #9 outside of Alt-in no particular order:

Odunze
Nabers
Fashanu
Verse
Turner

Anyone outside of this group and Alt, I would venture to say trading down from 9 is a good option as you'll probably get equivalent talent if you are trading into later 1st/early 2nd.

Happy with either direction.

That said...Maybe we get a door #3 at #9? I'm doubtful about it. No way somebody like Harrison falls to us and I'm fairly certain the group above is almost all a given "solid pick" at 9, along with being a need, which is important as we have some bigass holes.
We have a lot of draft capital next year. We could trade up for MHJ. I would probably not agree with that move, but it is an option. I think we would have to trade up for Alt too. I think he gets taken at 5. Alt would probably make our oline elite.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have a lot of draft capital next year. We could trade up for MHJ. I would probably not agree with that move, but it is an option. I think we would have to trade up for Alt too. I think he gets taken at 5. Alt would probably make our oline elite.
And if the Chargers don't take Alt at 5, the Titans are almost certain to snatch him up at 7.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I just don't see us trading up. Too many holes this upcoming season. Granted, football is entertainment first and foremost...so Bears getting Williams AND Harrison in the same draft would be really exciting, that's for sure.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude,I already gave you a few days off for trolling,and here you are doing it again.....
Next time its permanent.
We are not gonna clog every thread with you two badgering posters.....
NOT HAPPENING.....
Oooooh so scared. Block me permanently and stop acting like a keyboard tough guy you bitch.

The stupidity in drafting a fucking TE is so DUMB it doesn’t deserve any sort of respectful response. “What if he turns out to be a Kelce”. Lmao. With this argument what if the other guy we draft instead turns out to be a Jason Kelce or a Richard Dent? You’re so stupid. Omg you are dum as rocks.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oooooh so scared. Block me permanently and stop acting like a keyboard tough guy you bitch.

The stupidity in drafting a fucking TE is so DUMB it doesn’t deserve any sort of respectful response. “What if he turns out to be a Kelce”. Lmao. With this argument what if the other guy we draft instead turns out to be a Jason Kelce or a Richard Dent? You’re so stupid. Omg you are dum as rocks.
Welp,that was easy......cya

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. Bowers wouldn't be a backup.

2. We already signed a backup.

3. You're a redundant, whiny c unt.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bowers is a no go for the Bears, obviously.

Waldron doesn't feauture his tight ends enough to warrant having Bowers alongside Kmet.

And when you look at other roster needs it's comical to suggest drafting a TE.