• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial Nebraska vs. Northwestern GDT

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
So let's get of Blackshirt back and enjoy the win.

let's be honest we were an amazing catch and throw away from discussing in depth which coach we want.

Enjoy the victory get drunk fuck the gf or wife a good one tonite and enjoy it. It didn't change much except the fact were sloppy today as usual.

HAIL MARY FUCK YEAH KELLOGG FUCK YEAH

Double, triple, quadruple!

bigred472

theoldestidiotonthisboard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blackshirt, get on board or get the fuck out. Never once in my 44 years have I EVER routed for the Cornhuskers to lose a game. Even when Calahan was there and I wanted him gone, I still cheered for Nebraska to win. I realize you are probably a young college student by your posts and don't have an appreciation for what it means to be a longtime Husker fan but, if you outright hope Nebraska loses, you are no fan in my book.
-------
WhiteRat--I don't thnk anyone including "Blackshirt" on this board that doesn't appreciate a "W". It's how we won. WE had home filed advantage (and that's usually worth something going into the game). THEY had been decimated by injuries before they even walked on the field. They were on thier what 5th string back and STILL managed close to 250 years rushing against our "D". WE win on a hail mary on the last play of the gaem. SUM that up. Is this really what Nebraska football has evolved to?

I would rather us losing 2-4 games a year by a couple of points to good quality teams, but we cannot even do that. Yes, I'll take the win. But face it even these last minute heroics do not bely the fact that this coaching staff is in way over its collective heads.

blkflagmafia

BANG BANG BLACK FLAG GBR!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-------
WhiteRat--I don't thnk anyone including "Blackshirt" on this board that doesn't appreciate a "W". It's how we won. WE had home filed advantage (and that's usually worth something going into the game). THEY had been decimated by injuries before they even walked on the field. They were on thier what 5th string back and STILL managed close to 250 years rushing against our "D". WE win on a hail mary on the last play of the gaem. SUM that up. Is this really what Nebraska football has evolved to?

I would rather us losing 2-4 games a year by a couple of points to good quality teams, but we cannot even do that. Yes, I'll take the win. But face it even these last minute heroics do not bely the fact that this coaching staff is in way over its collective heads.

exactly .

White Rat

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The coaching will sort itself out. If (big if) Nebraska wins out, Bo and company will have figured things out and made the appropriate changes I will have no problem with them sticking around. Chances are though, the Huskers will most likely lose 2 or 3 games and Eichorst will have no choice but to replace the entire staff. I would love nothing more than to have Nebraska win the B1G this season but I don't see that happening because they face a very tough schedule and I don't see the changes being made. Long story short, either the Bo haters will be very happy or the Huskers will be back in the top 20.

bigred472

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The coaching will sort itself out. If (big if) Nebraska wins out, Bo and company will have figured things out and made the appropriate changes I will have no problem with them sticking around. Chances are though, the Huskers will most likely lose 2 or 3 games and Eichorst will have no choice but to replace the entire staff. I would love nothing more than to have Nebraska win the B1G this season but I don't see that happening because they face a very tough schedule and I don't see the changes being made. Long story short, either the Bo haters will be very happy or the Huskers will be back in the top 20.
-------
I honestly respect your optimism. But please review: 2008-4 losses, 2009-4 losses, 2010-4 losses, 2011-4 losses, 2012-4 losses, & we have the meat of our schedule left and already have 2-losses. How many years or decades do you suggest we allow this staff to "figure it out"? That many years with a consistant number of losses is a pattern which if by now the HC in particular hasn't figured out how to turn it around, I seriously doubt that it's going to happen.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
-------
WhiteRat--I don't thnk anyone including "Blackshirt" on this board that doesn't appreciate a "W". It's how we won. WE had home filed advantage (and that's usually worth something going into the game). THEY had been decimated by injuries before they even walked on the field. They were on their what 5th string back and STILL managed close to 250 years rushing against our "D". WE win on a hail mary on the last play of the gaem. SUM that up. Is this really what Nebraska football has evolved to?

We have proof a lot of our defensive woes are because of scheme. Nebraska went to a different defensive scheme after the gouging by NW for most of the first half, and wala, Nebraska shut them down afterwards!

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have proof a lot of our defensive woes are because of scheme. Nebraska went to a different defensive scheme after the gouging by NW for most of the first half, and wala, Nebraska shut them down afterwards!

wait...you're telling me....halftime adjustments?

bwU4r.gif

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope sideline adjustments made by the players when asked by coaching staff what they should do.

Tommmm

They said 'should' again.

:whistle:

bigred472

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-------
Can't argue what you're saying other than NW had no business being in this game whatsoever. They were injury riddled on both sides of the ball and were within seconds/and a hail mary blind luck compltion of winning this game.

I'd submit to you that the defensive scheme changes were only due to the fact that NW really didn't have any healthy RBs left. Stop the run force them to pass. The "defensive adjustments" were therefore no brainers.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
-------
Can't argue what you're saying other than NW had no business being in this game whatsoever. They were injury riddled on both sides of the ball and were within seconds/and a hail mary blind luck compltion of winning this game.

I'd submit to you that the defensive scheme changes were only due to the fact that NW really didn't have any healthy RBs left. Stop the run force them to pass. The "defensive adjustments" were therefore no brainers.

:agree:

White Rat

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-------

You do realize that Nebraska was missing their #1 QB (Martinez), #1 WR (Bell), #1 OL (S. Long), #3 WR (Turner) and #1 TE (J. Long). That doesn't include the 3 other starters that went down during the game. If we had all those players, I think the outcome would've been completely different also. So, you can't base it on who was out for NW, we'll never know.