• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: tOfficial Mariners 2019 Season Thread

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy Shitoly-WTF happened?? I come back in to check the game and it's 12-2? The M's are really outdoing themselves against this mediocre team. This is sucking more than I thought this "rebuild" season would be going. Good lordy. I've seen enough I guess. :gaah:

I can just imagine the spin Servais is gonna put on this one. :L

Yah 12-34 (about to be 12-35) since that 13-2 start. WOOF. I knew the 13-2 start was a fluke (offense was unsustainable and pitching was terrible) but I didn't expect them to be essentially .250 since. Yikes.

Outside of Vogelbach (down a tad), Gonzalez (ROUGH May) and Omar I dunno how much YOUNG promise there is... but we do have several players in the top 100 for prospect rankings. A couple years ago we had ZERO, so hopefully those guys progress. Seattle had ZERO farm system for years trying to hang onto glory days of Cano/Robinson/Cruz, etc. while I was saying in 2014 - TRADE FELIX NOW. Could've gotten a ton for him and everyone who knew baseball knew the Ms weren't doing anything.

I'd prefer to ship Seager and MAYBE Haniger if they can get their #s up. Haniger will be 29 in the offseason, I think he'll be 31 before Seattle (if they get the farm system correct and hit on some players) will be competitive (at best)... so I dunno. If you can get a haul for him now, do it. Seattle has about 5-6 top 100 prospects. Haniger may fetch them a top 10-15 (again if he can get #s up).

I don't know baseball like I do football, so feel free to call bullshit (outside of denying I did say to move Felix in 2014) - no offense will be taken :suds:

Last edited:

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yah 12-34 (about to be 12-35) since that 13-2 start. WOOF. I knew the 13-2 start was a fluke (offense was unsustainable and pitching was terrible) but I didn't expect them to be essentially .250 since. Yikes.

Outside of Vogelbach (down a tad), Gonzalez (ROUGH May) and Omar I dunno how much YOUNG promise there is... but we do have several players in the top 100 for prospect rankings. A couple years ago we had ZERO, so hopefully those guys progress. Seattle had ZERO farm system for years trying to hang onto glory days of Cano/Robinson/Cruz, etc. while I was saying in 2014 - TRADE FELIX NOW. Could've gotten a ton for him and everyone who knew baseball knew the Ms weren't doing anything.

I'd prefer to ship Seager and MAYBE Haniger if they can get their #s up. Haniger will be 29 in the offseason, I think he'll be 31 before Seattle (if they get the farm system correct and hit on some players) will be competitive (at best)... so I dunno. If you can get a haul for him now, do it. Seattle has about 5-6 top 100 prospects. Haniger may fetch them a top 10-15 (again if he can get #s up).

I don't know baseball like I do football, so feel free to call bullshit (outside of denying I did say to move Felix in 2014) - no offense will be taken :suds:

For the most part I think you're spot on with your current assessment. BTW-I do remember your thoughts about Felix back then and I admit I had mixed feelings about it but was leaning more toward trading him. Seager for sure to go and if the org is truly looking @ 2021 to be competitive, move Haniger if he gets his numbers up this season. Originally I figured Mitch would be around for the long haul but they need to strike while the iron is hot so to speak. My main issue is I just don't have the confidence in Dipoto. His rebuild idea, if nothing else, bought him a couple more years with this organization along with his sidekick Servais. History with the Mariners is certainly not in their favor so I'm not holding my breath about anything with this franchise.

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched the Servais post game and I'm telling you, Jerry Dipoto better get himself a manager is he ever wants to have a competitive winning team. Little to no confidence in Dipoto to do the job. Ownership hired another one of the Angels rejects IMO who brought along his buddy who had absolutely no MLB managing experience.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish we would've received more salary relief, but there really isn't much place for him on the team right now. The Mariners are really high on the guy they got in return, not sure that's worth much though.

Really high on a kid ranked #26 in the Phillies ! Yep high on relocating this team to another city it’s the only thing that makes sense of this debacle!

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If they maintain the winning percentage that they'd held over the last the last 47 games, they will finish the season at 51-111. The Royals and Orioles are going to give us a good run for the top draft choice next year, but I think the Mariners will 'win' it. And then Dipoto will blow it on some dumbass player who should have gone in the middle of the second round.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really high on a kid ranked #26 in the Phillies ! Yep high on relocating this team to another city it’s the only thing that makes sense of this debacle!
Early reports on the trade claimed that the Phillies were going to pay the bulk of Bruce's remaining salary. But when the official terms were reported, the Mariners ended up paying $18 million of Bruce's remaining $21.6 guaranteed money. The 'bulk' the Phillies paid ended up being 17%. LOL.

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Early reports on the trade claimed that the Phillies were going to pay the bulk of Bruce's remaining salary. But when the official terms were reported, the Mariners ended up paying $18 million of Bruce's remaining $21.6 guaranteed money. The 'bulk' the Phillies paid ended up being 17%. LOL.

Sounds like the Mariners kind of deal. The franchise is doomed....period!!

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the FO is going to pay the bulk of a contract, they better get back a better prospect considering the Phillies were desperate to get his bat in the line up.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is why they should’ve rebuilt in 2005 after Edgar retired. The new park alone drew fans. Now, not so much. Seattle is and will always be a “bandwagon” fan base of all sports because of the headache of getting into the Clink and the Pink. Which is why I fear for the NHL team and their crappy attendance on a weeknight game.
2005,2009,2014. Those should have been blow it up years before this year. And still it appears they didnt sell high on Hainger and Marco have both kind of hurt their stock this year

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had smoked weed for the first time in like 3 weeks when I watched the last 3 or so innings of the game and it could've been me overthinking it, but I felt like the other guy in the broadcast booth kept making really subtle digs at the Mariners (not that they were undeserved) and Goldsmith just completely ignored it each time. I know he needs to be impartial toward the Mariners when he's doing national broadcasts with Fox, but it would've been nice if he at least stuck up for the Mariners.

I'm curious if anyone else who watched the game noticed that or if it was just me being retarded because weed lowers my IQ by about 50 points.

I didn't see that game on Fox, but I do know that I really can't stand Goldsmith. I feel like he tries to be the part rather than naturally being the part. I love it when the "Bone" is in the booth because he busts his balls the entire time; not sure Blowers likes him either.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't even really care about prospects anymore... The Mariners can't develop them anyways...

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's seriously time to clean house and dump this entire front office and coaching staff...

Worst part is they get to had another draft which they will only set this franchise back another 4 years.

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't see that game on Fox, but I do know that I really can't stand Goldsmith. I feel like he tries to be the part rather than naturally being the part. I love it when the "Bone" is in the booth because he busts his balls the entire time; not sure Blowers likes him either.

And I thought I was the only one on here who couldn't stand Goldsmith with his goofy laughing and screaming. Actually I'm not particularly fond of Blowers either.....and maybe my attitude sucks because the Mariners suck and have been sucking year after year and ownership doesn't give a damn. Yep, that's my excuse. Paying most of Bruce's salary through next year is just a small example of how this organization operates. Dipoto & company need to go. rant is over :pound:

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had smoked weed for the first time in like 3 weeks when I watched the last 3 or so innings of the game and it could've been me overthinking it, but I felt like the other guy in the broadcast booth kept making really subtle digs at the Mariners (not that they were undeserved) and Goldsmith just completely ignored it each time. I know he needs to be impartial toward the Mariners when he's doing national broadcasts with Fox, but it would've been nice if he at least stuck up for the Mariners.

I'm curious if anyone else who watched the game noticed that or if it was just me being retarded because weed lowers my IQ by about 50 points.
Your brain on drugs:
Alexandria.jpg

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In regard to Goldsmith, he has the voice, just that his personality sucks.
Not really fan of his personality.

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
airhead.jpg

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As of right now this is what I see:

Phillies receive:
-Jay Bruce
-Around $18m

Mariners receive:
-IF Jake Scheiner

Philadelphia Phillies 2019 Top 50 Prospects | Prospects1500

Ranked as the 26th best prospect for the Phillies according to this list. I guess it's something.

I guess its something. I mean I was thinking they just would end up DFAing him. Yea on the surface this looks poor but 2019 was just gonna be a bunch of moves like this. clearing salary and not much return.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2005,2009,2014. Those should have been blow it up years before this year. And still it appears they didnt sell high on Hainger and Marco have both kind of hurt their stock this year

Totally agree. Really can’t understand what was going in Howard and Chuck’s head then, they were still going to make money. Haniger and Marco are kind of toss ups. Haniger has looked great but I don’t think his value is as high as some with his age. Marco is even more confusing with how he looks either a notch below an ace or looks like he doesn’t belong in the rotation. I don’t know but it just in concerning that the GM is really more qualified to coach Marco than anyone else on the staff.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Unfortunately that's the only ranking I could find of him in the top 30. I'd assume for the Mariners he would probably be ranked a bit outside the Mariners top 30 or right on the cusp.

I didn't expect much for Bruce, but I would've expected a better prospect return with the Mariners eating so much of his contract. I would've expected if the Phillies ate half of his remaining $21m, the Mariners would receive a guy of this caliber in return.

Hopefully this was just the result of taking the best deal we could get for Bruce. Phillies definitely won this trade because even if Bruce stops hitting the ball out of the park, they're only on the hook for $3m.