• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial "Johnny Manziel" Superthread

When Will Manziel Be Taken

• Total voters

LucklessPadresFan

Creedence Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Johnny Football needs a God smack and I think being drafted by the Cleveland Browns would pretty much fill the bill.

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree I think he will show he can be effective. In the new NFL where a running throwing QB is respected why not him?

If Houston passes on him they are missing out IMO...

:laugh3:

Possibly, possibly not but would it really be as big a mistake as Manzeil claims? Would it really be their worst decision ever?

Probably not.

Had he come out and said, "If the Texans pass on me, I think it's a mistake" - I have no problem with that. But to claim that it'd be the worst decision they ever made is a bit over the top and that's why he's taking a little heat and, IMHO, it smacks of immaturity.

People want to say that because Wilson, RGIII and Kaep had have success that Manzeil will. The aforementioned three all have a few other things working for them, most notably maturity beyond their years. Manzeil MIGHT be lacking in that.

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dating advice from Johnny Manziel:

Tell the girl you're asking out that if she says no, it would be the worst decision she ever made, because then you'll just sleep with her roommate or sister instead...twice a year! Also, you will take the roommate or sister out to a romantic snack machine and buy her Doritos instead of Fritos.

Guaranteed to get results!

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manziel = RG3

Has all the skills, but he has skinny legs and doesn't know how to avoid contact. Leadership and narcissism levels are about equal.

Can he improve or like RG3 does he think he's already as great as he needs to be?

RG3 was a great prospect coming out of college. One of the rare good prospects. He is stuck in DC and might be ruined already. RG3 was the real deal - and look how that is going!

Manziel is not that kind of prospect. NFL is going to be tough on him. Is he tough enough? RW is a whole lot smarter. Manziel is a showboat. That usually does not equate to wins.
Not as tough as RG3, not as smart as RW, not as fast as Cam or Kaep.
He'll be great at selling Doritos, sign him!

Tacoma_canuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't think Manziel has half the potential or talent of RG3 and yes, he already believes he is great, which he is not.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manziel wouldn't be half RG3 if griffin were paralyzed from the waist down.

Mondio

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the odds are higher that he's out of the NFL in 3-4 years, than he's a superstar

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are a few differences between RG3 and Manziel.

RG3 throws a deep ball as well as anyone (to his first read) and is obviously faster (when that first read isnt open).

Manziel takes more chances but he doesnt stare guys down and keeps his eyes downfield under pressure.

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear Johnny's do well working out with George Whitfield out in San Diego for a third straight year and he's putting on NFL weight. And he's working on learning Bill O'Brien's system with a former Patriot QB. I mean he would love to stay and help the Texans out but he also said that he would do the same even with Cleveland.
I don't see Blake Bortles or Teddy Bridgewater doing this.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so what happens if they draft him #1...in the second round? :lol:

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manziel does not have a single NFL caliber skill. Not one.

You can't compare him with Leaf because leave had red flags, but he had an arm. He had reasons to at least think about taking a risk on him. Manziel would be below average in anything you can possibly measure.

I love all your posts. I feel like JF killed your dog or something with how hard you have been bashing him :laugh3:

It's still funny how you're the only one doubting him. Can't wait for him to prove you wrong.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said every one of these things about Tebow to similar criticism and was shown to be laughably right.

Look past his hype, and look at his actual skill set, and tell me that it's worth even a roster spot. Because it's hilariously far from that.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said every one of these things about Tebow to similar criticism and was shown to be laughably right.

Look past his hype, and look at his actual skill set, and tell me that it's worth even a roster spot. Because it's hilariously far from that.

I said it once before that NE is the perfect spot for JFF, now I have another reason to want that to happen :pound:

FYI, the reasoning for my statement was because he would be behind a no-doubt starter (no controversy), a strong locker room with strong leadership, and a group of coach that would teach him how to be wise about his decisions.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He doesn't have the skills. You can't undo that. You can't be a QB with a mediocre arm at best.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manziel credits Wilson for paving way for smaller QBs

Russell Wilson would be a first-round pick if he was entering the draft this spring. But back in 2012, before we all knew just how good he would be, there were concerns that he might be limited by his height. Wilson is officially listed as 5-feet-11, but the more important numbers are these: a 28-9 career record as a starter and one Lombardi Trophy.

And that success in such a short period of time hasn't gone unnoticed. It's often said that the NFL is a copycat league, which is great news for Johnny Manziel, the 6-foot former Texas A&M quarterback who is thankful for Wilson's trailblazing success.

"I think he's kicked the door wide open," Manziel, who could be the first player drafted in May, told the Houston Chronicle about Wilson. "You're seeing more guys being successful avoiding that first wave of pressure -- get out and do things outside the pocket.

"Wilson does some things he's not asked to do, when things don't go exactly as scripted. He's able to extend the play. One reason [the Seahawks] were so successful early in the Super Bowl was that he was 4 of 5 on third down and was able to continue to push the ball down the field and get them where they needed to be."

To be fair, Wilson isn't the first undersized NFL quarterback to have success. Once Doug Flutie got an opportunity in the league, he played well. And then there's Super Bowl winner Drew Brees, who was the Chargers' second-round pick in 2001.

But Wilson and Manziel (and Flutie, back in the day) can run, both in the pocket and downfield, something Brees has never been known for.

"The game's evolving," Manziel said. "More and more [pass rushers] like [defensive end Jadeveon] Clowney are coming out of college, and they're big, and they can run. You have to be able to create plays.

"I want to be a pocket passer, too, and be able to pick apart defenses and beat teams with my arm. But when a play breaks down, the scrambling and running ability [take over], and we're back to doing what I've been doing the past six years playing football."

According to the most recent NFLDraftScout.com/CBSSports.com mock drafts, Manziel won't make it past the Browns with the No. 4 pick. Rob Rang and Pat Kirwan have the Jags taking Manziel third overall while Dane Brugler and Pete Prisco think Manziel will end up in Cleveland.

Manziel credits Wilson for paving way for smaller QBs - CBSSports.com

Sound familiar to anybody? Maybe because it's what I have been preaching on these boards for the last few months. Glad me and my boy JF feel the same way.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There have been plenty of small QBs. It means nothing if you can't throw a football though.

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,183.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There have been plenty of small QBs. It means nothing if you can't throw a football though.

I agree it has nothing to do with size. if your small and can throw the football and lead your team to victory its all good

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Similar stature sure. Arm strength and hand size? Not sure we'll find out at the combine,

leadership and work ethic? yet to be determined.