• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial "Johnny Manziel" Superthread

When Will Manziel Be Taken

• Total voters

Lemon Harang Pie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's Ryan Leaf part II and some GM is gonna be stupid take this talking tool and lose his GM job in two seasons....

Exactly what part of Johnny Manziel is "Ryan Leaf Part II"?

I think the comparison ends with them both playing football.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bigger bust, no upside, the only similarity is some imaginary hype.

France_Steve

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't. But the kid's a fucking joke and a training camp roster spot could easily be better used.

Sure, and trust me (or ask Seattle fans), I'm not sold on Wilson by any means. But what he did do and well was limit mistakes and prevent turnovers. Manziel can't do that, or anything else, at an NFL level.

I feel as if you are someone who has not actually watched Wilson play during the season, you have only looked at his end of game stats. He has the most wins of any QB in the first two years, Two Pro bowls, the best QB rating for any qb in his first two years, the most TD's by any QB in his forst two years, and a Ring. It is a gross exaggeration to say he has done nothing yet. And if you actually watched him play you would see his ability transcends stats. He makes incredible plays that you can't see by looking at his stats at the end of the game. If you watched him play every week like I did I think you would be sold on Wilson.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That defense is the reason for all those wins. Half the starting QBs in the league could have resulted in the same records.

He's efficient, but it's a lot easier to be when you don't have to throw often and are consistently playing from ahead.

France_Steve

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That defense is the reason for all those wins. Half the starting QBs in the league could have resulted in the same records.

He's efficient, but it's a lot easier to be when you don't have to throw often and are consistently playing from ahead.

Not all of them. and he has had some great comebacks as well. Honestly, did you watch him every week or just look at the stats and watch a couple playoff games? I feel it is the latter.

Lemon Harang Pie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bigger bust, no upside, the only similarity is some imaginary hype.

There was no imaginary hype with Ryan Leaf.

He was a phenomenal athlete. He was just a phenomenal asshole too. The guy could very easily be an all time great QB with a legacy rivaling guys like Manning and Brady if he weren't such a complete dick.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The imaginary hype is manziel. Leaf had upside; manziel doesn't.

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think his statement proves he's not ready.

He has the athletic skills, that's clear.

One of the knocks on him is his lack of maturity. Coming out and saying this...it just makes me balk if I'm with an organization that's looking at drafting him.

Is he ready maturity wise? Will he be a press whore and a distraction to the team?

Is there more downside than upside here?

No big deal on this since Peyton Manning said the exact same thing to the Colts when he entered the draft.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel as if you are someone who has not actually watched Wilson play during the season, you have only looked at his end of game stats. He has the most wins of any QB in the first two years, Two Pro bowls, the best QB rating for any qb in his first two years, the most TD's by any QB in his forst two years, and a Ring. It is a gross exaggeration to say he has done nothing yet. And if you actually watched him play you would see his ability transcends stats. He makes incredible plays that you can't see by looking at his stats at the end of the game. If you watched him play every week like I did I think you would be sold on Wilson.

Wilson does everything asked of him at a very high level. I imagine that load will grow and the level of play will stay high.

This idea that a QB needs to carry his team is ridiculous, especially a young QB. Seriously, how many QBs have carried their teams all the way to championships???

It's funny because people love using the excuse that their QB doesn't have a great defense or running game to lean on and if they did, oh boy he would take over the world. Then when a team has all the tools to take pressure off the QB, he's just a "game manager". Which I dont mind that term because it usually coincides directly with winning. But some guys only do certain things because they dont need to do everything, not because they dont have the skills. And other guys have a limited role because they simply dont have the arm to do it all (Alex Smith).

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No big deal on this since Peyton Manning said the exact same thing to the Colts when he entered the draft.

The nerve of that arrogant, brash POS. Manning of course.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Playing from ahead? You do realize that Russell Wilson is tied for the most comeback wins in his first 2 years with Andrew Luck, right? Or that his 10 game winning drives is second only to Luck's 11? Not even the veteran elites like Brady (6 & 7), Manning (5 & 5), Rodgers (3 & 4) or Brees (4 & 5) are even close the last two seasons. Of the four QBs who won a Super Bowl in their second season, none of them did it without a solid running game and a solid defense. Only Warner's year was better statistically than Wilson's 2013 season. There is a difference between not being asked to do it very often and not being able to do it.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playing from ahead? You do realize that Russell Wilson is tied for the most comeback wins in his first 2 years with Andrew Luck, righ that his 10 game winning drives is second only to Luck's 11? Not even the veteran elites like Brady (6 & 7), Manning (5 & 5), Rodgers (3 & 4) or Brees (4 & 5) are even close the last two seasons. Of the four QBs who won a Super Bowl in their second season, none of them did it without a solid running game and a solid defense. Only Warner's year was better statistically than Wilson's 2013 season. There is a difference between not being asked to do it very often and not being able to do it.

I know. Theres a season why Carroll's Hawks are often called the Cardiac Hawks. They play most games so tight. Of course, when its a big time matchup the often blow the team out as is characteristic of Carroll, but most games are very close in the 4th.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I guess you did'nt watch this kid at NC St or Whisky. If he stayed at NC St he would have destroyed Philip Rivers records. The only reason he dropped low was his size. And imo RG# will never be elite, I dont see him playing in 5 years.

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manziel won't throw at NFL Combine | CSN Houston

Keeps getting better.... his draft stock is falling. Who is giving this kid advice? QB not going to throw...? He should be throwing at every event possible to show his critics up... else people start to doubt.

He struggled against every solid D he faced... if I were an NFL exec, I would give him a big pass.

Problem is, if a team like JAX picks him up... they will be in the toilet for another 15 years trying to recover.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The imaginary hype is manziel. Leaf had upside; manziel doesn't.

So now Leaf is better than Johnny. I can't go that low, he could be a bust but can't be worse than Leaf.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So now Leaf is better than Johnny. I can't go that low, he could be a bust but can't be worse than Leaf.

I cant see Manziel doing B&E's in a few years to support his drug habit. Maybe flipping at Ihop. They will call him Johnnycakes

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Leaf had some tools. Manziel has none.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leaf had some tools. Manziel has none.

Leaf played in a back then weak Pac-10 Wash ST team. Manziel at least goes up some talent playing the Alabama's and Auburns who played in the NCG last 4 years Not saying Manziel will make it but rather have him than bi-polar Leaf 'get the fuck out of the locker room reporter". Manziel can scramble pretty good. RG3 type of player, just big mouth and not sure of his work ethic