• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial "Jadeveon Clowney" Thread

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why? Texas AM would go uptempo which would result in an tired Clowney, and when Clowney was in they would just go the opposite direction of where he played and you would never hear him do anything..Announcers are so hard on for this Clowney guy and he hasn't done shit they have resulted to, "Did you see how CLowney got off that block there? AMAAZING foot work!"

SwampHumpy

Touching my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
watching the game i saw him limping off the field only to get shouldered pretty hard by his replacement who was running on the field. clowney immediately did a 180 stare down at him and might have said something but im not sure cuz it was on TV but his replacement just kept on walking.

watching him on the sideline i didnt really see a lot of contact between him and his teammates either.

im just wondering if this guy is a headcase, i dont really know a lot about this team cuz i dont watch SEC games that often but it looks erie similar to suh at nebraska. very talented defensive lineman, but absolutely hated by his team

I saw that and wondered the same.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw that and wondered the same.

He probably is a head case. I really wanted him to come to Alabama, but then when he delayed his announcement past national signing day to be on his b'day and all that "Special" attention, I quickly figured he wasn't worth the trouble.

Still would have liked to have him, as Saban wouldn't put up with the shit like OBC does, but it made it easier to deal with for sure.

tideguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,211.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why? Texas AM would go uptempo which would result in an tired Clowney, and when Clowney was in they would just go the opposite direction of where he played and you would never hear him do anything..Announcers are so hard on for this Clowney guy and he hasn't done shit they have resulted to, "Did you see how CLowney got off that block there? AMAAZING foot work!"

Sad but true!

I also heard them say : clowney made it into the backfield, making room for the other guys to make a play.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sad but true!

I also heard them say : clowney made it into the backfield, making room for the other guys to make a play.

yeah he hasn't done jack yet they seem compelled to keep talking about him. How about the other 10 guys doing work.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only one's that know about football are the only one's that count, and they know it was the OL's fault.

Not sure if you intent is to stick up for the Michigan RB or to downplay Clowney but you are failing on both accounts.

That play is played over and over and over and over and I would hate to be that guy.

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clowney needs to get in shape.

tebow1.jpg

Funny you should post this before the game...

He looked like shit tonight and didn't look in condition.... NC exposed him for a few minutes with that hurry up. He better get his ass in shape else other teams may try that strategy on them...

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I'd rather just get paid to take a punch from Tyson.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Headline from ESPN/the AP for this game:

Jadeveon Clowney, No. 6 South Carolina cruise past UNC in opener

I wish I were joking.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugh ... this guy didn't watch the same game I watched.

COLUMBIA, S.C. â?? To understand Jadeveon Clowney's impact â?? and to illustrate why winning the Heisman Trophy will be a difficult proposition â?? focus on one first-quarter series Thursday night, when he wreaked havoc but had zero tackles.

The 6-6, 274-pound junior defensive end's presence was felt throughout No. 7 South Carolina's 27-10 season-opening win against North Carolina. He lined up at nose guard on the first play of the game. He played right end and left end. He got double-teamed, held and occasionally tackled. When play was suspended because of lightning with 8:20 left in the fourth quarter, he had three tackles and, officially, one quarterback hurry.

That second stat was particularly misleading, because the Tar Heels did their best to hurry away from him, all night. But in the absence of anything spectacular, you had to be paying close attention to see Clowney's wondrous ability. Like in this first-quarter sequence:

First down: Handoff to the left side, away from Clowney â?? yet in hot pursuit, he almost made the tackle. Second down: North Carolina quarterback Bryn Renner dropped back, looked up, saw Clowney â?? still 5 yards away, but closing â?? and dumped the ball into the turf, well short of the receiver. Third down: In a passing situation, Clowney drew a double-team. He toyed with the defenders, split them and forced Renner to run away and throw on the run, a completion well short of the first down.

There was nothing there for the highlights. And there were many similar plays, all through the first half, that didn't result in statistics but probably set the NFL scouts to scribbling furiously.

And therein lies the issue, at least if the idea is to become the first exclusively defensive player to win the Heisman Trophy. When Notre Dame linebacker Manti Te'o finished as the runner-up last December to Johnny Manziel, Clowney â?? the consensus choice as the nation's best returning defender, and a physical freak â?? was anointed as a guy with a realistic shot at the Heisman this season.

But Clowney is not a linebacker, making 100 tackles and snaring interceptions and so on. If Thursday was an indication of anything, it's that at defensive end, there just aren't going to be that many opportunities for "Heisman moments," like that helmet-popping hit on the Michigan tailback in the Outback Bowl.

While fans are wondering when he'll sack somebody, and rip the football away, and then outrace everyone into the end zone, he'll be doing things like late in the second quarter. He ran around North Carolina's fine left tackle James Hurst â?? just up and raced in a little circle past Hurst before the tackle could react â?? and then bowled over the running back who's supposed to help Hurst, and then swerved and abruptly changed direction to chase Renner downfield.

He didn't catch the quarterback, so maybe not too many noticed.

Clowney will undoubtedly create some memorable plays. He's that good. But mostly, the things he does will go unnoticed by many, while making coaches' eyes pop and scouts' jaws drop.

George Schroeder, a national college football reporter for USA TODAY Sports, is on Twitter @GeorgeSchroeder.

Can you believe this crap?

Take this quote alone ...

While fans are wondering when he'll sack somebody, and rip the football away, and then outrace everyone into the end zone, he'll be doing things like late in the second quarter. He ran around North Carolina's fine left tackle James Hurst â?? just up and raced in a little circle past Hurst before the tackle could react â?? and then bowled over the running back who's supposed to help Hurst, and then swerved and abruptly changed direction to chase Renner downfield.

He didn't catch the quarterback, so maybe not too many noticed.

In other words, he rushed got chipped by the tackle and blocked by the fullback and didn't end up in the play. But this guy writes as if that is something that is awesome. I normally don't post an entire article, but this is so bad in so many ways, it deserves no respect.

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN Headline: Clowney, Gamecocks pound UNC.

Sportscenter on Radio: South Carolina, Jadaveon Clowney's squad, beat North Carolina.

It's laughable.

TexasMan

mfw reading SportsHoopla
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So basically ESPN is building up and tearing down another player.

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dey sucking on his NUTZ and dogging him at the same time. Very confusing

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm tired of hearing about everyone being tired of hearing about Clowney.:suds:

Word, Bammer.

Yes, he's over-hyped by espin, but that's on them, not the kid. He's got some skills, and he will be drafted. After that, a lot can happen (*cough-Bosworth-cough*)

Continually complaining that espin hypes what they consider their "product" just makes you look like a whiny vag.

Uman5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Definately not 100%.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1st game of the season. That defense all got a good cardio session and will improve each week. Also it's tough to play when there is always 2 guys assigned to block one player. Clowney is an outstanding player and if every team has to assign 2 guys each play, then South Carolina will not get scored on a lot as the rest of the defense has an easier time. Clowney's stats will be down, however that will not get lost on the people doing the draft next year.