• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Tofficial:Giants vs steelers game thread

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be active in thirty but getting it started:suds:

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they do, but first is good......could be real good, sorry was eating........im not super impressed thus far, starters looked good for me though

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
god landry jones looks really good

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
d yes,

jones actually did look good bryant was a big let down.......

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's the summary?

From your posts it sounds like the 1st team OL/DL was okay...was that the 2nd team that gave up the long TD run?

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yea 1st team ol/dl was good .. ben marched right down the field .. and our running game is alive and well .. at times I seen signs of the defense of old and then at times meh . but the talent is there .. I had to watch the game on line last night

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,205.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expect the Steelers to rebound this season and make the AFC north a 3-way battle for 1st place. Can't see them having a 2nd straight down season. Not under Tomlin.

PS: This Raider fan thanks y'all for Woodley. I think he's going to bounce back this season.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expect the Steelers to rebound this season and make the AFC north a 3-way battle for 1st place. Can't see them having a 2nd straight down season. Not under Tomlin.

PS: This Raider fan thanks y'all for Woodley. I think he's going to bounce back this season.

I echo your thoughts on the Steelers season, but I don't idk how good the DEF is going to be, but I think definitely faster...more athletic front 7.

On Woodley...yeah still has something left in the right position...I've been saying since he added the extra weight he was better suited for a 4-3 DE vs a 3-4 OLB.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thoughts on the 1st game:

QB's... Ben looked great. Gradkowski looked awful. Missed multiple golden opportunities to score, as well as multiple open receivers. Landry had a rough night, but not mainly his fault. The 2nd string O-line was god awful (more on that in a bit), which gave Jones little to no time to get the ball out. But when he did get the ball out, the 2nd/3rd string WR's dropped just about everything. He missed a wide open David Paulsen down the seam a few times, but that's because his pocket collapsed before it ever formed.

RB's... Bell looks like he is an aged vet back there. He showed that rookie burst & quickness while still having the smarts to get the yardage where it's given. Didn't see a lot from Blount because his runs were in short yardage situations, but he did alright. Archer is the real deal. He showed lightning quickness and great open field vision on a quick WR bubble screen route and almost took it to the house. Surprised the safety caught him, but he must have taken a gigantic angle to get to him. Little known RB Tauren Poole had an impressive first game. He only had a few runs of decent yardage, but his eye opening plays were mainly on special teams. He caused the fumble on the Giants' PR. Poole, Maysonet, Hall & Harris all struggled to find any sort of daylight behind that porous 2nd/3rd team O-line. Archer was able to find it only due to his quickness, and also he was handed the ball on draw plays which helped.

WR's... Everyone had a decent day, except for Bryant. Martavis had a night to forget. His only highlights were drawing 2 PI calls. Two muffed punts, few dropped passes and a fumble later... I've already been hearing references to Sweed 2.0! Yikes! I think he'll rebound in the next game. Justin Brown didn't see a whole lot of action, but he caught everything thrown his way, even a terrible throw by Bruce behind him. Wheaton had a great catch and run on a 3rd down that showed he is definitely up to the task of the X-receiver.

TE's... Not sure how Bruce managed to overthrow the tallest TE on the roster in Spaeth. Miller had a good night. Not a lot of exposure for the TE's last night because they were mainly kept in the box to block. Blanchflower struggled on a few plays, but he looked about as good as Paulson ever did in blocking situations.

O-line... 1st unit looked good. Only a few missed blocks to report, 1 by Foster who got crossed up by leading with the wrong foot, and another by someone that I can't remember right now? Maybe it will come to me at some point. But all in all, the 1's had a great couple of series. Beachum handled JPP on the outside quite nicely. The depth is where the real issue is. I didn't see many positives on the 2nd or 3rd team. Wallace was about the only player that looked like he knew what he was doing. Adams should be done... Stick a fork in him. Munchak has a lot of work to do.

D-line... I was impressed with how well Tuitt played. He made a few rook mistakes, but his ability to hold the edge and/or penetrate was there. He needs to refine some technique and he will be all pro before we know it. Heyward got caught out of position on the 73 yard scamper. Looked like a stunt blitz, but he wasn't the only one to blame (see S's). There is definitely a fortitude of talent on the D-line. Josh Mauro had a great night, as did Nick Williams & Brian Arnfelt. I think Fangupo is the only player that didn't shine. McCullers showed his beastliness by eating up multiple blockers and still finding his way into the backfield. Scary amounts of potential with that kid.

OLB's... Jarvis Jones showed great promise with 1 recorded sack, and 1 other that should have been a sack if it wasn't for a penalty on the play. He had great hand technique and burst. Worilds got eaten alive on a few run plays, but alltogether he had a decent outing. He had a few QB pressures. Chris Carter displayed a great shoulder dip and blazed past the OT for a sack. Vic So'oto showed great awareness and athleticism. Caused a broken up lateral (fumble). Howard Johnson had a great game! Mainly on special teams, he got multiple tackles on KR's. He had a great heads up play on the So'oto fumble where he realized that it was a live ball and pick it up for a scoop & score.

ILBs... The story of the night had to be Spence. All eyes were on him in a very emotional re-debut. And he did not disappoint. He was all over the place! Showed great hitting power and great awareness. Lebeau is going to have a very difficult time keeping that kid off the field. Some people were quick to blame Timmons on the 73 yard scamper because it was his hole, but he was clearly held on the play. I even yelled at the TV screen during that play that it was a blatant hold. Even one of the announcers questioned it. Vince Williams is definitely someone I would go into battle with. He played with a fire that nobody else did, almost a wreckless nature about his play. He was firing through the gaps and putting it all out on the field. This kid is a starter on almost every NFL team. Tough decisions lie ahead for Butler & Lebeau. Shazier sat this one out, so all eyes will likely be on him in his first debut next weekend (if he plays). Can't forget about Garvin either. He showed great coverage ability on a few plays. Even Dan Molls found himself atop the tackles list! The LBer corps alltogether had a great night.

CB's... Strong start to the preseason for this group. Outside of Isaiah Green, everyone had a decent night. If a 3rd string backup QB by the name of Curtis Painter is "exposing" you in coverage, then you are not going to make an NFL team. Sorry Green! Blake & McCain both showed excellent coverage ability. Richardson could find himself on the PS in a hurry if those 2 continue to have good showings.

S's... Polamalu sat the night out, even though he suited up. Mitchell had a few great hits (reminiscent of Clark), but then found himself out of position on the 73 yard scamper and took an awful angle at the RB. Hopefully just a hiccup, but we should expect some growing pains in the preseason with a newcomer. Highlight of this group had to be Jordan Dangerfield. Anyone that can terminate "the Terminator" (FB John Conner) has to be worthy of a roster position. He put a hit on that big man that caused Conner to get a bit wobbly after standing up. Shamarko had a great outing as well. Showed great speed on a punishing hit on a dump pass to the RB in the backfield.

ST... Wing showed some great hangtime on punts. He only had one really bad punt, but the rest were golden. Suishi missed a 38 yarder which had me scratching my head. I'll chalk it up to a fluke lol.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thoughts on the 1st game:

QB's... Ben looked great. Gradkowski looked awful. Missed multiple golden opportunities to score, as well as multiple open receivers. Landry had a rough night, but not mainly his fault. The 2nd string O-line was god awful (more on that in a bit), which gave Jones little to no time to get the ball out. But when he did get the ball out, the 2nd/3rd string WR's dropped just about everything. He missed a wide open David Paulsen down the seam a few times, but that's because his pocket collapsed before it ever formed.

RB's... Bell looks like he is an aged vet back there. He showed that rookie burst & quickness while still having the smarts to get the yardage where it's given. Didn't see a lot from Blount because his runs were in short yardage situations, but he did alright. Archer is the real deal. He showed lightning quickness and great open field vision on a quick WR bubble screen route and almost took it to the house. Surprised the safety caught him, but he must have taken a gigantic angle to get to him. Little known RB Tauren Poole had an impressive first game. He only had a few runs of decent yardage, but his eye opening plays were mainly on special teams. He caused the fumble on the Giants' PR. Poole, Maysonet, Hall & Harris all struggled to find any sort of daylight behind that porous 2nd/3rd team O-line. Archer was able to find it only due to his quickness, and also he was handed the ball on draw plays which helped.

WR's... Everyone had a decent day, except for Bryant. Martavis had a night to forget. His only highlights were drawing 2 PI calls. Two muffed punts, few dropped passes and a fumble later... I've already been hearing references to Sweed 2.0! Yikes! I think he'll rebound in the next game. Justin Brown didn't see a whole lot of action, but he caught everything thrown his way, even a terrible throw by Bruce behind him. Wheaton had a great catch and run on a 3rd down that showed he is definitely up to the task of the X-receiver.

TE's... Not sure how Bruce managed to overthrow the tallest TE on the roster in Spaeth. Miller had a good night. Not a lot of exposure for the TE's last night because they were mainly kept in the box to block. Blanchflower struggled on a few plays, but he looked about as good as Paulson ever did in blocking situations.

O-line... 1st unit looked good. Only a few missed blocks to report, 1 by Foster who got crossed up by leading with the wrong foot, and another by someone that I can't remember right now? Maybe it will come to me at some point. But all in all, the 1's had a great couple of series. Beachum handled JPP on the outside quite nicely. The depth is where the real issue is. I didn't see many positives on the 2nd or 3rd team. Wallace was about the only player that looked like he knew what he was doing. Adams should be done... Stick a fork in him. Munchak has a lot of work to do.

D-line... I was impressed with how well Tuitt played. He made a few rook mistakes, but his ability to hold the edge and/or penetrate was there. He needs to refine some technique and he will be all pro before we know it. Heyward got caught out of position on the 73 yard scamper. Looked like a stunt blitz, but he wasn't the only one to blame (see S's). There is definitely a fortitude of talent on the D-line. Josh Mauro had a great night, as did Nick Williams & Brian Arnfelt. I think Fangupo is the only player that didn't shine. McCullers showed his beastliness by eating up multiple blockers and still finding his way into the backfield. Scary amounts of potential with that kid.

OLB's... Jarvis Jones showed great promise with 1 recorded sack, and 1 other that should have been a sack if it wasn't for a penalty on the play. He had great hand technique and burst. Worilds got eaten alive on a few run plays, but alltogether he had a decent outing. He had a few QB pressures. Chris Carter displayed a great shoulder dip and blazed past the OT for a sack. Vic So'oto showed great awareness and athleticism. Caused a broken up lateral (fumble). Howard Johnson had a great game! Mainly on special teams, he got multiple tackles on KR's. He had a great heads up play on the So'oto fumble where he realized that it was a live ball and pick it up for a scoop & score.

ILBs... The story of the night had to be Spence. All eyes were on him in a very emotional re-debut. And he did not disappoint. He was all over the place! Showed great hitting power and great awareness. Lebeau is going to have a very difficult time keeping that kid off the field. Some people were quick to blame Timmons on the 73 yard scamper because it was his hole, but he was clearly held on the play. I even yelled at the TV screen during that play that it was a blatant hold. Even one of the announcers questioned it. Vince Williams is definitely someone I would go into battle with. He played with a fire that nobody else did, almost a wreckless nature about his play. He was firing through the gaps and putting it all out on the field. This kid is a starter on almost every NFL team. Tough decisions lie ahead for Butler & Lebeau. Shazier sat this one out, so all eyes will likely be on him in his first debut next weekend (if he plays). Can't forget about Garvin either. He showed great coverage ability on a few plays. Even Dan Molls found himself atop the tackles list! The LBer corps alltogether had a great night.

CB's... Strong start to the preseason for this group. Outside of Isaiah Green, everyone had a decent night. If a 3rd string backup QB by the name of Curtis Painter is "exposing" you in coverage, then you are not going to make an NFL team. Sorry Green! Blake & McCain both showed excellent coverage ability. Richardson could find himself on the PS in a hurry if those 2 continue to have good showings.

S's... Polamalu sat the night out, even though he suited up. Mitchell had a few great hits (reminiscent of Clark), but then found himself out of position on the 73 yard scamper and took an awful angle at the RB. Hopefully just a hiccup, but we should expect some growing pains in the preseason with a newcomer. Highlight of this group had to be Jordan Dangerfield. Anyone that can terminate "the Terminator" (FB John Conner) has to be worthy of a roster position. He put a hit on that big man that caused Conner to get a bit wobbly after standing up. Shamarko had a great outing as well. Showed great speed on a punishing hit on a dump pass to the RB in the backfield.

ST... Wing showed some great hangtime on punts. He only had one really bad punt, but the rest were golden. Suishi missed a 38 yarder which had me scratching my head. I'll chalk it up to a fluke lol.

spot on sir