• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial B1G basketball thread.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now the Badgers need to win this by 20 points.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Badgers about to go up by 20 on the road vs Marquette now. They're starting to look like the Final Four team that many though they would be. The very poor 3 pt % and 16+ TO's early in the year made them look like they would be lucky to even make the damn tournament.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welp Michigan kept it a game for awhile but then got destroyed late in the 2nd half.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overall I can say the Badgers did below average in out of conference play but improved drastically. Thank jebus they did because they weren't going to win many games averaging 17 TO's a game and 25% from 3 point land. They can only afford 2 more loses of they want a 1 seed though.

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio State is fixing to get waxed by UCLA in Vegas on Saturday. Maybe we can slow their offense a little but in the grand scheme we don't have near enough offense in the tank to keep up with them.

Considering 10-8 in B1G play looks like the best case scenario, don't think that would be enough to get into the Big Dance (They went 11-7 in B1G last year but had no decent OOC wins and multiple bad losses) unless we upset UCLA, which would essentially cancel out the god awful loss to FAU.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio State is fixing to get waxed by UCLA in Vegas on Saturday. Maybe we can slow their offense a little but in the grand scheme we don't have near enough offense in the tank to keep up with them.

Considering 10-8 in B1G play looks like the best case scenario, don't think that would be enough to get into the Big Dance (They went 11-7 in B1G last year but had no decent OOC wins and multiple bad losses) unless we upset UCLA, which would essentially cancel out the god awful loss to FAU.
Matt starting to look like Beilein.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Assuming Ohio State loses to UCLA and goes 10-8 in conference that would put them somewhere around 40 in the RPI. Ohio State would certainly be in the discussion. They would definitely have to avoid losing their first game in the B1G tournament IMO.

The hypothetical scenario I plugged in for Ohio State was having them go 10-8 in conference with their wins over: @Illinois, vs. MSU, @Nebraska, vs. Northwestern, vs. Minnesota, @Iowa, vs. Maryland, vs. Rutgers, vs. Nebraska, @PSU. I then had them going 1-1 in the B1G tournament, which again seems realistic given they will likely be a 6/7/8 seed, and play a 1/2/3 seed in the Quarters.

This is what their resume would like:
W/L Record: 21-12
RPI: 39
SoS: 25
Top 50 W/L record: 2-9

Everything looks good except the record against the top 50.

The B1G is very interesting this year three teams project to be top 25ish teams(Wisconsin, Indiana, Purdue) and only three teams project to be bad(Iowa, PSU, and Rutgers). Everyone else is projected to be a top 100 team, which will help overall SOS's for bubble teams come Selection Sunday. Last year the conference had SIX teams finish with an RPI worse than 100 and two teams(Minnesota and Rutgers) that were 250+ in RPI. The bottom of the league is MUCH better this year.

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Assuming Ohio State loses to UCLA and goes 10-8 in conference that would put them somewhere around 40 in the RPI. Ohio State would certainly be in the discussion. They would definitely have to avoid losing their first game in the B1G tournament IMO.

The hypothetical scenario I plugged in for Ohio State was having them go 10-8 in conference with their wins over: @Illinois, vs. MSU, @Nebraska, vs. Northwestern, vs. Minnesota, @Iowa, vs. Maryland, vs. Rutgers, vs. Nebraska, @PSU. I then had them going 1-1 in the B1G tournament, which again seems realistic given they will likely be a 6/7/8 seed, and play a 1/2/3 seed in the Quarters.

This is what their resume would like:
W/L Record: 21-12
RPI: 39
SoS: 25
Top 50 W/L record: 2-9

Everything looks good except the record against the top 50.

The B1G is very interesting this year three teams project to be top 25ish teams(Wisconsin, Indiana, Purdue) and only three teams project to be bad(Iowa, PSU, and Rutgers). Everyone else is projected to be a top 100 team, which will help overall SOS's for bubble teams come Selection Sunday. Last year the conference had SIX teams finish with an RPI worse than 100 and two teams(Minnesota and Rutgers) that were 250+ in RPI. The bottom of the league is MUCH better this year.

Those are exactly the wins I give them. That's being optimisic in hoping they at least beat the teams they should. These guys seem to play down to their competition regularly.

I think the lack of any quality OOC wins would keep them out at 10-8. Unless they made a deep run into the B1G tourney (at least the Semis)

Best win is Providence who is currently 8-2, they havent really beat anybody but it would help if they turn a decent Big East season

Uconn is a mess don't see that ship turning around anytime soon

Then of course you still have the FAU debacle hanging over their head as well

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the lack of any quality OOC wins would keep them out at 10-8. Unless they made a deep run into the B1G tourney (at least the Semis)

Best win is Providence who is currently 8-2, they havent really beat anybody but it would help if they turn a decent Big East season

Uconn is a mess don't see that ship turning around anytime soon

Providence projects to be a top 60 team. It's certainly within reach for them to be a top 50 team.

I tend to agree with you that the lack of top 50 wins would probably suggest they would be on the outside looking in.

It really is crazy to think that loss to FAU could keep them out. That loss alone will have a huge effect come Selection Sunday.

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Providence projects to be a top 60 team. It's certainly within reach for them to be a top 50 team.

I tend to agree with you that the lack of top 50 wins would probably suggest they would be on the outside looking in.

It really is crazy to think that loss to FAU could keep them out. That loss alone will have a huge effect come Selection Sunday.

Yea it will, FAU likely wont even finish .500. That's why they really need to upset UCLA to kind of offset that loss a little bit. And of course avoid anymore bad loss to either the bottom pit of the B1G or in their remaining OOC against Youngstown State and UNC-Asheville.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea it will, FAU likely wont even finish .500. That's why they really need to upset UCLA to kind of offset that loss a little bit. And of course avoid anymore bad loss to either the bottom pit of the B1G or in their remaining OOC against Youngstown State and UNC-Asheville.

Yeah FAU is probably looking like they will finish as a 250+ RPI team, will just really stick out on the team sheet. Obviously upsetting UCLA on a neutral court would be ginormous, that just might be asking a bit much, UCLA may be the best team in the country.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UCLA is scary fucking good. I have a feeling they will crush us in conference too.

Must be nice to be watching the game right now. Remembering John Glenn has taken over every channel.

Reactions: gob