• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2018 Recruiting Thread

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Urban Meyer turned Tim Tebow into a first round pick. That may be the most impressive thing any coach has ever done in regards to putting a QB in the pros.

Also, Urban Meyer wins national titles. That's why a QB wants to play for him at OSU.

So now we are talking about college accomplishments, but for RB's, it is about what they've done in the NFL?

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carlos Hyde has had a better career than Gerhart and Taylor combined. If he wasn't playing for arguably the most dysfunctional offense in the league (yes, heavy-handed coming from a Browns fan), he'd be even better.

He's been compared to a slightly better version of Trent Richardson, that's pretty damn awful. But, anyway the whole NFL production thing is dumb. You mean to tell me Garrick McGee is some wizard at producing RB's in the NFL? Or Dave Wannstedt, or Mike Farley? lol.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So now we are talking about college accomplishments, but for RB's, it is about what they've done in the NFL?
Well, Harbaugh doesn't hold a candle to Urban Meyer in regards to college accomplishments, which explains why someone would want to play for Meyer.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's been compared to a slightly better version of Trent Richardson, that's pretty damn awful. But, anyway the whole NFL production thing is dumb. You mean to tell me Garrick McGee is some wizard at producing RB's in the NFL? Or Dave Wannstedt, or Mike Farley? lol.
LOL by what idiot? You?

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got a link?

Ranking All 32 NFL Running Back Units | PFF

22. San Francisco 49ers
Key contributors: Carlos Hyde

Carlos Hyde teases greatness at times, but can’t seem to stay on the field long enough to sustain it. The fact of the matter is, Hyde now has 307 carries for his career and is averaging 4.0 yards per carry on them. He does have a ridiculous 73 broken tackles over that span, but at some point, it has to translate to production, or else he’s just a better version of Trent Richardson.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember you telling me that, and he was definitely a bit disappointing last year, which is crazy as he is only the 3rd freshman to ever break 1000 yards at OSU. I don't agree that you can't improve speed, though. We'll see what happens this year. Again, he was a teenager last year, and we have the best strength and conditioning program in the country.

Im not trying to knock Weber or OSU. Weber will never be a homerun hitting RB. He will get his yards, because OSU is going to be vastly better than the majority of the teams they play. That is just how college works.

At skill positions, you are either blessed with speed or you aren't. You can go faster in the 40 if you work on your start or technique, but no football player is wasting their time on that (or I should say, enough time that'd it matter).

Weber will get stronger, which is why I said the 25 is a possibility. Every CFB player is going to get stronger in a college weight program. Running a 4.3 is a pipe dream though.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ranking All 32 NFL Running Back Units | PFF

22. San Francisco 49ers
Key contributors: Carlos Hyde

Carlos Hyde teases greatness at times, but can’t seem to stay on the field long enough to sustain it. The fact of the matter is, Hyde now has 307 carries for his career and is averaging 4.0 yards per carry on them. He does have a ridiculous 73 broken tackles over that span, but at some point, it has to translate to production, or else he’s just a better version of Trent Richardson.
LOL you dolt. They're not saying he's a "slightly better version of Trent Richardson" as you stated. In fact, the word "slightly" was never mentioned. They actually complimented him but merely said he's had injury concerns that COULD mean he's a better Trent Richardson. My point about him being better than any Harbaugh RB combined stands.

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pro Football Focus. Color me shocked you think a Buckeye is better than they are.

I think comparing Hyde to Richardson is stupid. Mostly because Richardson was the #3 overall pick and Hyde was a late 2nd rounder. If you are going on production

We all know RBs are expendable in the NFL anyways.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm surprised all these QB recruits aren't going to play for Lloyd Carr, Joe Tiller, Gene Chizik, Jeff Jagodzinski, Tim DeRuyter, Chuck Amato and Jeff Tedford, they obviously develop guys the best for the pros. lol.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not trying to knock Weber or OSU. Weber will never be a homerun hitting RB. He will get his yards, because OSU is going to be vastly better than the majority of the teams they play. That is just how college works.

At skill positions, you are either blessed with speed or you aren't. You can go faster in the 40 if you work on your start or technique, but no football player is wasting their time on that (or I should say, enough time that'd it matter).

Weber will get stronger, which is why I said the 25 is a possibility. Every CFB player is going to get stronger in a college weight program. Running a 4.3 is a pipe dream though.
I'll be interested to see what happens this year with him. It's not like he's our only RB option. I think he probably left about 300 yards on the field with his inability to always break tackles and getting tripped up. It is something you can work on. Technique is definitely something that can be refined, which as a teenager is to be expected unless you're a generational talent - which obviously Weber is not. If he stays healthy and doesn't top 1,500 yards/12 TDs this year, it will be a huge disappointment and I would imagine Dobbins will start to get mixed in more.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm surprised all these QB recruits aren't going to play for Lloyd Carr, Joe Tiller, Gene Chizik, Jeff Jagodzinski, Tim DeRuyter, Chuck Amato and Jeff Tedford, they obviously develop guys the best for the pros. lol.
This is surprisingly stupid for you. Are you sincerely dismissing the fact that prospects look at a coach's ability to consistently produce pro players? Seriously?

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL you dolt. They're not saying he's a "slightly better version of Trent Richardson" as you stated. In fact, the word "slightly" was never mentioned. They actually complimented him but merely said he's had injury concerns that COULD mean he's a better Trent Richardson. My point about him being better than any Harbaugh RB combined stands.

Misspoke when I initially read it. And my point still stands that Urban has produced ONE RB who has produced at the NFL level. If a kid wants to be a successful RB in the pros he should play for Gerrick McGee, or Dave Wannstedt, or Mike Farley right? I mean they developed just as many RB's at the NFL level as Urban has.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Misspoke when I initially read it. And my point still stands that Urban has produced ONE RB who has produced at the NFL level. If a kid wants to be a successful RB in the pros he should play for Gerrick McGee, or Dave Wannstedt, or Mike Farley right? I mean they developed just as many RB's at the NFL level as Urban has.
Nope, they'd play for Urban. The odds of being drafted, and drafted early, are significantly higher. He's proven to put kids into the pros at an alarming rate. That's why he's pulling in elite recruiting classes year after year while the guys you mention don't or haven't.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is surprisingly stupid for you. Are you sincerely dismissing the fact that prospects look at a coach's ability to consistently produce pro players? Seriously?

Producing at the NFL level and College level are completely different. Prospects want to be put in a position to be successful at the next level. If Elliot was a bust last year, it wouldn't have hurt Ohio State's ability to recruit the best RB's in the country. And conversely with Elliot being arguably the best RB last year, it won't improve Ohio State's ability to recruit the best RB's in high school. Just how I see it. It was stated previously, Urban hasn't produced shit at QB in terms of NFL success at either Florida or Ohio State, but he still gets highly rated QB's to go to Ohio State.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope, they'd play for Urban. The odds of being drafted, and drafted early, are significantly higher. He's proven to put kids into the pros at an alarming rate. That's why he's pulling in elite recruiting classes year after year while the guys you mention don't or haven't.

And your changing it from producing at the NFL level to producing on the collegiate level/putting them in position to be drafted. You're changing your tune here.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Producing at the NFL level and College level are completely different. Prospects want to be put in a position to be successful at the next level. If Elliot was a bust last year, it wouldn't have hurt Ohio State's ability to recruit the best RB's in the country. And conversely with Elliot being arguably the best RB last year, it won't improve Ohio State's ability to recruit the best RB's in high school. Just how I see it. It was stated previously, Urban hasn't produced shit at QB in terms of NFL success at either Florida or Ohio State, but he still gets highly rated QB's to go to Ohio State.

The guy that recruited and coached Elliott is now at Texas for the record.......

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be interested to see what happens this year with him. It's not like he's our only RB option. I think he probably left about 300 yards on the field with his inability to always break tackles and getting tripped up. It is something you can work on. Technique is definitely something that can be refined, which as a teenager is to be expected unless you're a generational talent - which obviously Weber is not. If he stays healthy and doesn't top 1,500 yards/12 TDs this year, it will be a huge disappointment and I would imagine Dobbins will start to get mixed in more.

I think he will put up yards this year, but the better teams will limit his success. I'd guess Dobbins will be used as the change of pace back this year, while Weber gets 15-20 carries a game and the goal line carries.

Weber, IMO, isn't a bell cow RB. He will get his yards because OSU will be light years better than the teams he is facing, but he isn't the homerun hitter that made OSU's offense next to impossible to defend when they had Zeke.

And trust me, I'm not saying Weber isn't a very good RB. He absolutely is. He isn't a game changer though.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd like to point out -- I wasn't calling out Urban Meyer regarding QB's -- I was calling out Ohio State, as a whole. Type in OSU QB's in the NFL and you will see why I made the comment. It is crazy how bad their QB's have been.