• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2018 Recruiting Thread

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a sure thing. Riley is hard after him.
Wtf. Noah Cain is going to Texas, OSU, OU AND UM? He is going to busy on Saturday's.

On a serious note -- how is your newborn doing? Enjoy every second -- time flies by. Just coached my boys first T-Ball game yesterday and it seems like he was just born. :lol:

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a sure thing. Riley is hard after him.

I'm sure he is. But the kid's favorite team is the Longhorns, he's been to campus like 5 times in the last year, and he's stated we're his leader. If I had to place bets, I'd say the only real threat to take him from Texas is tOSU, but right now he's Texas to lose

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wtf. Noah Cain is going to Texas, OSU, OU AND UM? He is going to busy on Saturday's.

On a serious note -- how is your newborn doing? Enjoy every second -- time flies by. Just coached my boys first T-Ball game yesterday and it seems like he was just born. :lol:

He's doing great. Holding him as I type this and he's our like a light. I'm already so freaking in love with him it's not even funny.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No offense, but there is zero chance Mike Weber ran an electronically timed 4.35 unless it was a 35 yard dash. Handheld timed by his coaches -- I can definitely see that, because they are as fast as the coaches want to make them. (See Rashan Gary running a 4.5 at 290 lbs -- no chance)
Why? It's hardly unprecedented.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aron Cruikshank....

9_48279.gif

High 3-star, low 4-star ATH/WR/QB/KR Aron Cruikshank out of Brooklyn, NY committed to Wisconsin over his other finalist Penn State. Cruikshank also held offers from Ohio State and Michigan.

Aron Cruickshank, Erasmus Hall, Athlete

Wow....he is tiny, tiny tiny..... listed at only 5'9" 155lbs..... but.....this guy is friggin' quick and elusive AF. He has amazing stop & start and directional change ability combined with an incredible burst of acceleration. Watch his film.... he's the kind of player who can stop on a dime and leave you change before you even see him.

I believe Aron Cruikshank would be a high 4-star if he possessed a bit more size.

But being only 5'9" and 155lbs, he's gonna get killed if anyone is able to put a solid hit on him.

Hey @Moab @Smart @Great Dayne any word on what Chryst plans to do with this tiny guy?

I assume he'll fill the return guy/slot receiver/jet sweep dude role. I mean, his offer list speaks for itself. Maybe they all aren't committable, but anyone with offers from Michigan, Penn State, and Ohio State will find a way to contribute if they can stay healthy and have the right attitude.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's doing great. Holding him as I type this and he's our like a light. I'm already so freaking in love with him it's not even funny.
I always was told you don't know what love is until you have a child -- they weren't kidding. I totally understand what you are saying. Congrats again and enjoy.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why? It's hardly unprecedented.
It isn't unprecedented -- what would be unprecedented is if college teams posted legit height, weight and speed for their players.

I can't vouche for the others on the list -- but Weber is not a 4.3. To put it in perspective -- do you think Weber is on par with Curtis Samuel in the speed category? No chance. And so you know it isn't a UM/OSU thing why I'm saying it. I called BS on UM saying Gary ran a 4.5 at 290 lbs.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It isn't unprecedented -- what would be unprecedented is if college teams posted legit height, weight and speed for their players.

I can't vouche for the others on the list -- but Weber is not a 4.3. To put it in perspective -- do you think Weber is on par with Curtis Samuel in the speed category? No chance. And so you know it isn't a UM/OSU thing why I'm saying it. I called BS on UM saying Gary ran a 4.5 at 290 lbs.
Do you think it's BS that he did 25 reps?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think it's BS that he did 25 reps?

I'm sure he did 25 reps, I don't really think too much about that, but I'd wager right now he won't do 25 at the combine (1 RB did more than 24 this past year).
There is ZERO chance Mike Weber ran a 40 faster than every RB that entered the NFL draft last year at the combine.

Weber is a 4.5 guy who will get you the tough yards. You are either blessed genetically with speed or you aren't. You can't coach speed. He is a guy who will break some nice runs for you, but he isn't a threat to take it to the house any time he touches the ball. I told you that before last season and I'd like to think I was spot on. Weber is one of the few guys I got to watch quite a bit in high school or I wouldn't put out my opinion on him like this.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why the hell would he go to michigan? When was the last RB michigan or Harbaugh churned out? Waste of time.

Toby Gerhart rushed for 1900 yards and 28 TDs his last year at Stanford under Harbaugh. Stepfan Taylor ran for 1200 and 15 his 1st year as the starter when Gerhardt left. At UM, Chris Evans will be the first guy recruited by Harbaugh to be a starter this year, so they have no track record at UM.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure he did 25 reps, I don't really think too much about that, but I'd wager right now he won't do 25 at the combine (1 RB did more than 24 this past year).
There is ZERO chance Mike Weber ran a 40 faster than every RB that entered the NFL draft last year at the combine.

Weber is a 4.5 guy who will get you the tough yards. You are either blessed genetically with speed or you aren't. You can't coach speed. He is a guy who will break some nice runs for you, but he isn't a threat to take it to the house any time he touches the ball. I told you that before last season and I'd like to think I was spot on. Weber is one of the few guys I got to watch quite a bit in high school or I wouldn't put out my opinion on him like this.
I remember you telling me that, and he was definitely a bit disappointing last year, which is crazy as he is only the 3rd freshman to ever break 1000 yards at OSU. I don't agree that you can't improve speed, though. We'll see what happens this year. Again, he was a teenager last year, and we have the best strength and conditioning program in the country.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Toby Gerhart rushed for 1900 yards and 28 TDs his last year at Stanford under Harbaugh. Stepfan Taylor ran for 1200 and 15 his 1st year as the starter when Gerhardt left. At UM, Chris Evans will be the first guy recruited by Harbaugh to be a starter this year, so they have no track record at UM.
And neither of them have accomplished a thing in the pros, which was my point.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Gerhart was great in college, but it didn't take a genius to know he'd never really be a player at the pro level. Not a lot of use for big slow white guys at that position that can't be used in the passing game.

Not sure he's a good example for you though. Harbaugh needs a legit RB prospect. I'm sure he'll find one, I don't really think it's a question of can he develop a RB.....all he needs is a guy with talent.

Talent develops itself at RB really. This whole argument is pretty silly.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And neither of them have accomplished a thing in the pros, which was my point.

Really? If you want to go that route -- why would any QB ever sign with OSU, no matter who the coach is?

The whole pro argument is ridiculous. You never know which guys are going to step up their game or get knocked down a few pegs. Hell -- the best player UM has ever had in the NFL wasn't even a full time starter at UM, but one year and he was a 6th round pick.

You never know. All a college coach can do is put them in a position to succeed at the collegiate level and get them a shot at the NFL.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Urban has what one RB that has accomplished anything? So it's not a big difference.
Carlos Hyde has had a better career than Gerhart and Taylor combined. If he wasn't playing for arguably the most dysfunctional offense in the league (yes, heavy-handed coming from a Browns fan), he'd be even better.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? If you want to go that route -- why would any QB ever sign with OSU, no matter who the coach is?

The whole pro argument is ridiculous. You never know which guys are going to step up their game or get knocked down a few pegs. Hell -- the best player UM has ever had in the NFL wasn't even a full time starter at UM, but one year and he was a 6th round pick.

You never know. All a college coach can do is put them in a position to succeed at the collegiate level and get them a shot at the NFL.
Urban Meyer turned Tim Tebow into a first round pick. That may be the most impressive thing any coach has ever done in regards to putting a QB in the pros.

Also, Urban Meyer wins national titles. That's why a QB wants to play for him at OSU.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gerhart was great in college, but it didn't take a genius to know he'd never really be a player at the pro level. Not a lot of use for big slow white guys at that position that can't be used in the passing game.

Not sure he's a good example for you though. Harbaugh needs a legit RB prospect. I'm sure he'll find one, I don't really think it's a question of can he develop a RB.....all he needs is a guy with talent.

Talent develops itself at RB really. This whole argument is pretty silly.

The Big, slow white guy is a stereotype for a RB. Gerhart actually ran a 4.50 and 4.53 at the NFL combine, which was tied for 6th fastest for RB's.

He definitely wasn't a speed back, but he could run. He could also catch the ball out of the backfield -- that is how he was used in the NFL. Had over 100 catches as a backup in the 5 years in the NFL he played.

Injuries cut his career short -- he retired after 5 years.