• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2017 college baseball bullshit thread

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LSU be like...
14966284621496628457.gif

Showtime! Or whatever the hell that idiot is doing.

Reactions: TJL

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO…this college tourney rivals CBB…the only thing missing a quarter of the way thru it is real baseball venues. attendance will soar in the future.
Because Cinderella's not only have a chance to make the ball but win.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is what I think of Nebraska's tournament performance

giphy.gif
Dude that is LSU every basketball season. Although I will say, Will Wade is making shit happen. For the first time in a long time I am actually excited about basketball.

gobigred

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,849,613.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
never played an inning against my Beaverz, thought we would enjoy a game or two and then, "like sure you went to Yale…" came squirting thu the rounds.

perhaps next year….

a tragic missed opportunity good sir.

Yea I thought we would have a game against you. We've been an embarrassment In conference and NCAA tourney last few years.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea I thought we would have a game against you. We've been an embarrassment In conference and NCAA tourney last few years.

ya made it into the tourney and that's a plus…cot dam pitching from the bullpen usually leaks oil first….

my Beaver staff has tossed a combined starting ERA of under 1.9 this entire year…i can't remember a lower ERA combined, cept the pesky Hawaii Rainbows of lore.

luv this game.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ya made it into the tourney and that's a plus…cot dam pitching from the bullpen usually leaks oil first….

my Beaver staff has tossed a combined starting ERA of under 1.9 this entire year…i can't remember a lower ERA combined, cept the pesky Hawaii Rainbows of lore.

luv this game.
I was telling my dad earlier, I am not sure how weak or strong the PAC 12 was, but regardless when a staff is throwing the ball as well as Oregon State is it doesn't matter who you are playing. Those stats don't lie. Don't be shocked if Vandy takes a game though. They aren't a bad team, but I can't see them winning with the staff the Beavers have. It is a freak show.

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remaining Super Regional teams:

Oregon State
Vanderbilt

Cal State Fullerton
Long Beach State

Davidson
Texa$ A&M

Louisville
Kentucky

Sam Houston State
Florida State

LSU
Mississippi State

TCU
Missouri State

Wake Forest
Florida

I'll be cheering for the Dirt Bags from Long Beach State and LSU

If neither Florida team make it to Omaha I won't be upset one bit.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remaining Super Regional teams:

Oregon State
Vanderbilt

Cal State Fullerton
Long Beach State

Davidson
Texa$ A&M

Louisville
Kentucky

Sam Houston State
Florida State

LSU
Mississippi State

TCU
Missouri State

Wake Forest
Florida

I'll be cheering for the Dirt Bags from Long Beach State and LSU

If neither Florida team make it to Omaha I won't be upset one bit.
Honarary Tiger for the rest of the year. Is there a full bracket anywhere at all? I want to see who falls on which side of the bracket.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I gotcha, so LSU plays the winner of Sam Houston and FSU. I got to say, the bottom half the bracket is much deeper. Expect TCU, Kentuxky, and Florida to be in Omaha and all three of them are legitimate contenders. For the top it is LSU and Oregon State. No disrespect if FSU maes it, it's just they have the longest streak of Omaha trips without a title, while that means nothing on a yearly basis it is hard to forget. Mississippi State is definately not the team I wanted to play out of Southern Miss's bracket for aure, I wanted Southern Miss.

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LSU fans are like the adopted citizens of Omaha, always a good time. In fact they even set up shop at a midtown bar here and will broadcast their sports radio show from there.

The Dirtbags of Long Beach State might have the coolest uniforms of the field.

120122%20Baseball%20Portraits%200195%20SJG-L.jpg
danny-espinoza.jpg

9253599.jpeg

jwolt92

The voice of fuckin reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 68,125.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I gotcha, so LSU plays the winner of Sam Houston and FSU. I got to say, the bottom half the bracket is much deeper. Expect TCU, Kentuxky, and Florida to be in Omaha and all three of them are legitimate contenders. For the top it is LSU and Oregon State. No disrespect if FSU maes it, it's just they have the longest streak of Omaha trips without a title, while that means nothing on a yearly basis it is hard to forget. Mississippi State is definately not the team I wanted to play out of Southern Miss's bracket for aure, I wanted Southern Miss.

FSU was also a team that looked like a bubble team mid-season at best. Now they've hosted a regional and will host the super. Maybe the luck stays but I doubt it. The hitting is too inconsistent and the pitching, outside of their ace, is shaky.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LSU fans are like the adopted citizens of Omaha, always a good time. In fact they even set up shop at a midtown bar here and will broadcast their sports radio show from there.

The Dirtbags of Long Beach State might have the coolest uniforms of the field.

120122%20Baseball%20Portraits%200195%20SJG-L.jpg
danny-espinoza.jpg

9253599.jpeg
Honestly I never see Long Beach as an under the radar team. That conference they have out there is loaded: Fullerton, Irvine, and Long Beach are always competitive teams. That's why if I was an AD at a small program, I am putting up cash and nearly all my resources into baseball. It really is anyones game in baseball. Low scholarship limit, reliance on walk ons. That is why Cali teams are so good, easier to keep a guy at home as a walk on. Hell LSU is always so good because they have a built in scholarship program with the state, although that is being significantly cut. You may see a dip in LSU baseball soon because kids want to go where they get more scholarship money to play elsewhere. Usually the out of state guys get the scholarships, hence Alex Bregman and Alex Lange type guys. They can offer them more because in state guys rely on TOPPS scholarships.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FSU was also a team that looked like a bubble team mid-season at best. Now they've hosted a regional and will host the super. Maybe the luck stays but I doubt it. The hitting is too inconsistent and the pitching, outside of their ace, is shaky.
Oregon State is hot, LSU has played crappy defense but their hitting has picked up. Not impossible I just don't see FSU as a serious contender comparatively.

jwolt92

The voice of fuckin reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 68,125.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon State is hot, LSU has played crappy defense but their hitting has picked up. Not impossible I just don't see FSU as a serious contender comparatively.

I agree with this. Maybe the SHS draw will get them another CWS appearance but I don't see much of anything happening if they do show up in Omaha this year.