• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2016 Bears Draft Thread

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nick Vannett is a steal that late in the 3rd IMO

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had him as the 2nd rated TE and going lat 2nd, top 3rd, but whatevs

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Bears did a great job in 2 and 3. It makes me think Floyd may actually pan out.

2 day one contributors in rds 2 and 3 while adding 4 picks. Awesome if you ask me. :clap:

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have zero clue what really went down... I had to work until 10:30.

I do like what we drafted though, I'll have to look more into them. A pretty solid night, IMO.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have zero clue what really went down... I had to work until 10:30.

I do like what we drafted though, I'll have to look more into them. A pretty solid night, IMO.

I guess I do to, but I don't watch college so I just read what the have to say about our picks...... But I just didn't like how we went about it.
I mean trading up two spots in the first, when most likely Floyd still would of been there made no sense.If they wanted to trade up, they should've went higher imho.
I was waiting for our second pick and noticed they had us at 41(?) to 56(?). Another dumb trade to just to get back that 4th round we gave up the first time..... That's a lot of players to let go by before we got to pick again.....
I tend to think when you got a 41st pick, you should be keeping it, cause all the other teams are picking up best available. So that just didn't make any sense.......

Jeff Dickerson:

Maybe Floyd is the next Kyle Long. The Bears famously hit a home run with Long in the first round in 2013, despite the fact that the freakishly athletic offensive lineman played only one year at Oregon. Floyd spent three seasons at Georgia, but he didn't produce any eye-popping stats. In last year’s draft, Pace preferred players who had impressive production in college. Floyd did not. He left school with only 17 career sacks – 4.5 in his final year. This is risky. At 244 pounds (his weight at the NFL combine), Floyd has to get bigger and stronger to be a three-down player. Right now, he appears to be a situational pass-rusher. The Bears better hope that seasoned defensive coordinator Vic Fangio can bring out the best in Floyd. But if Fangio succeeds, Floyd has the natural ability and speed to be a dynamic pass-rusher. He figures to battle Lamarr Houston and Willie Young – if both remain on the roster – for playing time opposite Pernell McPhee.

I dunno guys......I wish us all luck......

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did not want to draft for need but you got to draft for need somewhere. There is not a mock draft made that has come close to what we have done so far. Pace is working it hard going up and down with all our picks. IMO Pace is putting together a very talented young team but also is making some mistakes along the way. We just don't have the impact players that top teams have. We had them, now we don't. We lost more top talent then we added in Pace's time here. But also we added more solid younger guys then I have seen in 25 years. I am very mixed in my feeling on Pace so far. He is better then any GM we have had in a long time but is he good enough to put together a great team?? This team will not emBearass us but also will not compete for a SB. Pace needs to make some big moves to add a few difference makers. And I said day one of Pace being here I will mostly judge him on his ability to get us a elite QB. He has not gotten us even one elite player at any position. Like I said I got mixed feelings.

Xulu Bak

Hoopla Cash
$ 148.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Floyd was not going to be available at 11. That's 100% confirmed. The NYG were going to take Conklin or Floyd. The Titans traded up to 8 so they could get Conklin, so the Bears had to trade up for Floyd if they wanted him. Also, you can't just look at stats cause they don't tell the whole story. He wasn't a full-time pass rusher, they moved him all over the place. If you want to be worried about something with Floyd, it should be his size/strength. Tremendous athlete, but the guy looks more like a big safety, than a 34 OLB.

Not sure why the hate for the day two trade downs. They recouped the 4th used to trade up for Floyd, added a an additional 4th this year (in a deep draft class), and added a 4th next year. I would also point out that the teams that typically do the best in the draft are the ones that are almost always trading down or even out of a draft.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Bears did a great job in 2 and 3. It makes me think Floyd may actually pan out.

2 day one contributors in rds 2 and 3 while adding 4 picks. Awesome if you ask me. :clap:

I thought, fine, they get a fourth back for the whiners that though it was too much to move up two slots to get Floyd. (Hell, that fifth we took Amos with made it OK to not have Marshall last year) But the first trade down was probably them thinking they still had a shot at spriggs since THE tight end came off the board to San Diego. That film of Spriggs running back like a linebacker was incredible for a man that size. But then the fudge swept up and took him. Then I figured, cool Thompson is still there, when Thompson got chosen, they dropped down again.

Yes, this is a very good guard, maybe they are thinking of Slausen playing center, maybe they are going to let Massie loose on the left side, keep Long on the right, but trading down shows their real target was gone. Another position of need when Henry was still there, a big punishing up the gut runner. So many OT's start at Guard in the NFL, which is why natural guards are usually not drafted too high. Too much upside on a guy that can fill a role if you take a tackle. But with all signs that Long is going back to guard, this is a head scratcher when there was so much more talented playmakers there.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Y'all are fucking annoying, I swear....

Floyd was who they wanted. Giants absolutely would have taken him. My only beef was trading a 4th to get it. Well, in a draft that may go down as the deepest middle rounds talent ever, they unbelievably traded down twice, recouping the 4th, getting an additional 4th plus one for next year, all while getting the highest graded Guard in the draft. That is awesome IMO

Seriously...fuck Slausen. No disrespect, but he was already on the fringe, with the acquisition of Ted Larsen. Our o-line needed serious competition and needs to play better. Cutler makes them look better than they are most of the time. Had the Bears passed on Whitehair there, the whole fucking sports world would've collectively stopped spinning on its axis.

Slausen is 30 years old. His best days are behind him. Don't be surprised if Whitehair WINS the job outright.

It's the steal of the 2nd round, ABSOLUTELY a Grade A for the 2nd rd.

Jonathan Bullard was another good pick. He will contribute, day-one.

LOL 2 the elite QB comment:L facefuckingpalm. I'm not certain there IS an elite QB in this draft. I would've been fucking pissed if they took a QB with one of their first 3 picks.

This page makes me want to kick my dog and bathe with a plugged in toaster.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did not want to draft for need but you got to draft for need somewhere. There is not a mock draft made that has come close to what we have done so far. Pace is working it hard going up and down with all our picks. IMO Pace is putting together a very talented young team but also is making some mistakes along the way. We just don't have the impact players that top teams have. We had them, now we don't. We lost more top talent then we added in Pace's time here. But also we added more solid younger guys then I have seen in 25 years. I am very mixed in my feeling on Pace so far. He is better then any GM we have had in a long time but is he good enough to put together a great team?? This team will not emBearass us but also will not compete for a SB. Pace needs to make some big moves to add a few difference makers. And I said day one of Pace being here I will mostly judge him on his ability to get us a elite QB. He has not gotten us even one elite player at any position. Like I said I got mixed feelings.

He has one draft, with 5 of 6 players drafted, all being starters. Not to mention, the free agents he's brought in. I'd say McPhee is elite. I'd say Trevathan and Hicks are pretty awesome too.

Like I said....ONE DRAFT. You act like this is his 6th draft and they've all been failures!?

:gaah:

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought, fine, they get a fourth back for the whiners that though it was too much to move up two slots to get Floyd. (Hell, that fifth we took Amos with made it OK to not have Marshall last year) But the first trade down was probably them thinking they still had a shot at spriggs since THE tight end came off the board to San Diego. That film of Spriggs running back like a linebacker was incredible for a man that size. But then the fudge swept up and took him. Then I figured, cool Thompson is still there, when Thompson got chosen, they dropped down again.

Yes, this is a very good guard, maybe they are thinking of Slausen playing center, maybe they are going to let Massie loose on the left side, keep Long on the right, but trading down shows their real target was gone. Another position of need when Henry was still there, a big punishing up the gut runner. So many OT's start at Guard in the NFL, which is why natural guards are usually not drafted too high. Too much upside on a guy that can fill a role if you take a tackle. But with all signs that Long is going back to guard, this is a head scratcher when there was so much more talented playmakers there.

Whitehair was the BPA. (by a landslide, btw) Isn't that what you've clamored for?

You guys and your contempt for this regime is completely unwarranted. I'll be the first to bitch when shit is bad. Shit is not bad. This team's arrow is pointing up...sky-high IMO.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Floyd was not going to be available at 11. That's 100% confirmed. The NYG were going to take Conklin or Floyd. The Titans traded up to 8 so they could get Conklin, so the Bears had to trade up for Floyd if they wanted him. Also, you can't just look at stats cause they don't tell the whole story. He wasn't a full-time pass rusher, they moved him all over the place. If you want to be worried about something with Floyd, it should be his size/strength. Tremendous athlete, but the guy looks more like a big safety, than a 34 OLB.

Not sure why the hate for the day two trade downs. They recouped the 4th used to trade up for Floyd, added a an additional 4th this year (in a deep draft class), and added a 4th next year. I would also point out that the teams that typically do the best in the draft are the ones that are almost always trading down or even out of a draft.

I am just thinking that THE choice was Conklin. Thats what forced the move to get their second choice.

Its simply the fact we lost the chance for Spriggs, Heisman Henry, and Thompson.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whitehair was the BPA. (by a landslide, btw) Isn't that what you've clamored for?

You guys and your contempt for this regime is completely unwarranted. I'll be the first to bitch when shit is bad. Shit is not bad. This team's arrow is pointing up...sky-high IMO.

No, I hate the BPA bullshit, I think thats easily an excuse for all the keyboard GM's here. Pace showed balls to move up, but then played the numbers to get one of four guys, whichever fell to them. I would have preferred trading up another pick to get the TE Jay needs to bail him out and catch the ball thrown in his vicinity:dhd: I say if TE Henry was there at 41, there would be no trade down.