• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2016 Bears Draft Thread

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who y'all want/think?

I'm not a huge college follower, but I love the draft. I like what the Bears have done in FA, and with a bunch of early picks, they should be able to come up a couple more starters.

Obviously, a month still to go, so allot of things can change, but there seems to be a decent consensus on the top 3 or so picks.

Who would be yer ideal guy at 11?

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a huge follower of college ball either. However, Hargreaves looks like he could be right in that 8-12 wheel house for us, and he looks really damn impressive. On top of the additions we made to the front seven, him coming on would really make the secondary look pretty solid on paper.

I still get pissed when I look back on the 2014 draft. Just sitting there the entire time, counting the spots until the Bears were up at 14. Praying Aaron Donald wouldn't be picked. "11... nope... 12... nope... My god! He's going to fall to us!"... 13... "With the 13th pick in the 2014 draft, the St. Louis Rams select, Aaron Donald. Defensive Tackle"... I wanted to puke. I guess he's far better suited for the 4-3 anyway...

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was all in with a left tackle, either the Michigan state kid or Notre Dame kid at 11, but with all the additions made to both lines, if one of the three QB's fall to 11 as its starting to look like now, this could be the year to as Joey would say, waste the draft pick. It would mean not signing another leftover for 2-3 million to hold the clipboard and watch, it would mean hold the clipboard and learn. But I am really not a fan of Tracy Porter, so an opposite CB to Fuller would be my other choice, since its unclear if Peanut was what made Fuller such a good looking rookie anyway, or find a new number 1 guy.

If we go back to DT, with Goldman, Hicks, Ferguson and Sutton already here to play that one spot, I will be more confused than usual.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really depends on how things fall. If a QB we like fell to 11 then grab him fast. Perfect time to groom a kid. I expect/want a OT at 11. You can never have to much line help. Also I would not be surprised if we go HB at 11, if that kid from Ohio is there Fox will take him. Sorry Rich as I know this will make you mad.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was all in with a left tackle, either the Michigan state kid or Notre Dame kid at 11, but with all the additions made to both lines, if one of the three QB's fall to 11 as its starting to look like now, this could be the year to as Joey would say, waste the draft pick. It would mean not signing another leftover for 2-3 million to hold the clipboard and watch, it would mean hold the clipboard and learn. But I am really not a fan of Tracy Porter, so an opposite CB to Fuller would be my other choice, since its unclear if Peanut was what made Fuller such a good looking rookie anyway, or find a new number 1 guy.

If we go back to DT, with Goldman, Hicks, Ferguson and Sutton already here to play that one spot, I will be more confused than usual.

I honestly think Fuller is legit. His technique and footwork is exceptional. I would say his only knock, is his size.

He is a good tackler with a nasty disposition for a little guy tho. I see him being a starter for years to come.

I wouldn't be crushed if they took Hargreaves to pair with him. Bump Porter inside to Nickel.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really depends on how things fall. If a QB we like fell to 11 then grab him fast. Perfect time to groom a kid. I expect/want a OT at 11. You can never have to much line help. Also I would not be surprised if we go HB at 11, if that kid from Ohio is there Fox will take him. Sorry Rich as I know this will make you mad.

Everyone seems to be really high on this kid. He must be pretty special for him to be projected in the top 10.

If he was still available, I could see the Giants taking him at 10, right before us.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly think Fuller is legit. His technique and footwork is exceptional. I would say his only knock, is his size.

He is a good tackler with a nasty disposition for a little guy tho. I see him being a starter for years to come.

I wouldn't be crushed if they took Hargreaves to pair with him. Bump Porter inside to Nickel.

I just thought last year put alot of questions on Fuller. Maybe it was the scheme change, maybe it was him on the #1 though. He had such a great rookie season, but a couple times he bit hard on a double move and got beat bad.

Bottom line, if we do not protect the quarterback, there is no chance to make up scores from a tough play or 3 on defense and its gonna be more dink and dunk screens since downfield receivers have no time to get open. All the great teams have more than one all pro on the o line and without looking at Masset or Long going to LT and Leno being all we have there, I still think its our top need.

I know we cannot go by where we expect to draft next year, but last year I figured we would not be picking 7 again for a while, so dont fuck it up, now we wont be drafting 11 again, preferably be a playoff team and picking late 20's at minimum for the foreseeable future. Other than green bay picking Rodgers, its usually the playoff teams that are taking the chances on the QB's that fall to the later rounds. This could be the last shot to pick a guy with real chances.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm liking Fuller and think he will only get better. That third year is where CBs start shinning. Plus he will have better play in front of him and a real DC.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone seems to be really high on this kid. He must be pretty special for him to be projected in the top 10.

If he was still available, I could see the Giants taking him at 10, right before us.
Some one always steals our guy one pick in front of us. lol always. I'm not a expert on him but Fox likes HBs early. I expect one in the first 3 picks.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I believe its a qb or rb myself..... I'd be happy with either one...... And the bolded, who cares.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just thought last year put alot of questions on Fuller. Maybe it was the scheme change, maybe it was him on the #1 though. He had such a great rookie season, but a couple times he bit hard on a double move and got beat bad.

Bottom line, if we do not protect the quarterback, there is no chance to make up scores from a tough play or 3 on defense and its gonna be more dink and dunk screens since downfield receivers have no time to get open. All the great teams have more than one all pro on the o line and without looking at Masset or Long going to LT and Leno being all we have there, I still think its our top need.

I know we cannot go by where we expect to draft next year, but last year I figured we would not be picking 7 again for a while, so dont fuck it up, now we wont be drafting 11 again, preferably be a playoff team and picking late 20's at minimum for the foreseeable future. Other than green bay picking Rodgers, its usually the playoff teams that are taking the chances on the QB's that fall to the later rounds. This could be the last shot to pick a guy with real chances.

Amen to that......

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the Ohio state guy people were talking about was Bosa, the phenomenal OLB/DE not the running back.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New rumor/ speculation is out there.... (could be NOTHING but the musings of an internet web writter?) Would you guys trade the #11 pick for The Jets Probowl 26 year old DE Muhammad Wilkerson? And sign him to a big $ deal?

Jets put the franchise tag on him, and he's yet to sign it, rumored they are looking to trade him for high draft pick. Would you do this?

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd wait until the second pick to get a QB. The way college offense is run, its just too hard to tell what will translate to the next level. A 1st round pick is far too risky IMO. The days of the 1st round RBs seems to be over. I'd still go front 7 or OL. I am a firm believer that those two things still carry a team more than anything.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd wait until the second pick to get a QB. The way college offense is run, its just too hard to tell what will translate to the next level. A 1st round pick is far too risky IMO. The days of the 1st round RBs seems to be over. I'd still go front 7 or OL. I am a firm believer that those two things still carry a team more than anything.

After the top 3 qbs are grabbed in the first,I'm not sure where the next tier of qbs will go......I tend to think any player you draft no matter which position it is has a significant risk...... And a 2nd round qb to would carry the same risk as a 1st Rd'er imho.

I'm gonna stick to my guns and say we take a qb or rb in the first.... but I'm always wrong tho.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New rumor/ speculation is out there.... (could be NOTHING but the musings of an internet web writter?) Would you guys trade the #11 pick for The Jets Probowl 26 year old DE Muhammad Wilkerson? And sign him to a big $ deal?

Jets put the franchise tag on him, and he's yet to sign it, rumored they are looking to trade him for high draft pick. Would you do this?

I would not. I just dont like the guys that have a great contract year and want more money right away. I think he ends up overpaid. He actually had a better stat year two years earlier and followed up with only 6 sacks and 31 tackles. You can argue that the guy wont sign and it will not take a first rounder to trade for him and try to sign him. The guys under contract we "have to trade" have only netted fifth and sixth rounders.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Bears stay put and don't trade for Wilkerson- which could be a possibility?? I would like to see this
I think they need the following in priority order:

1st- DLine (Brucker, Bosa doubtful either is there at 11, but hope)
2nd-Safety/ RB (Derrick Henry would be a steal!)
3rd-OLine (tackle) OR top TE- predictions are they won't come off the board til later.
4th -OLB- a light, FAST guy
4th -QB (Kevin Hogan for the win!)
5th- safety or TE
fill in the rest with athletes and speed!

Depending on how the draft falls and what positions go on a run this is what I believe they should do.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Bears stay put and don't trade for Wilkerson- which could be a possibility?? I would like to see this
I think they need the following in priority order:

1st- DLine (Brucker, Bosa doubtful either is there at 11, but hope)
2nd-Safety/ RB (Derrick Henry would be a steal!)
3rd-OLine (tackle) OR top TE- predictions are they won't come off the board til later.
4th -OLB- a light, FAST guy
4th -QB (Kevin Hogan for the win!)
5th- safety or TE
fill in the rest with athletes and speed!

Depending on how the draft falls and what positions go on a run this is what I believe they should do.

Sorry Joe, but I'm tired of hinging our hopes on late round qbs.....If you think we need a different backup, what's wrong with Clausen then?
We already know he sucks, but I'd rather take a qb from the freeagency list to use as a backup or better yet,use the 11th pick for which ever of the top 3 qbs are left.

And I really do think our 1st pick is going qb or rb........js

You guys who want elsewhere should be happy I think this way...... Cause I'm always wrong.lol

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D line? are we signing guys just to cut? This team needs play makers or a 10 year plan at left tackle at 11..

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bring back McCown as a backup and go "Big Ugly" with 11.

I'm a broken record. "Big uglies" will always be my choice for 1st rd picks. A big, ugly D-lineman or O-lineman.