• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2016 Bears Draft Thread

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
have seen nothing lower than a B for rd 2

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I hate the BPA bullshit, I think thats easily an excuse for all the keyboard GM's here. Pace showed balls to move up, but then played the numbers to get one of four guys, whichever fell to them. I would have preferred trading up another pick to get the TE Jay needs to bail him out and catch the ball thrown in his vicinity:dhd: I say if TE Henry was there at 41, there would be no trade down.

:rolleyes2: That's rich.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They got a great player in whitehair, we will get Amos comparisons to the player we get today in the fourth for the genius move, but you are talking playmakers in either TE Henry or RB Henry, weapons. like you said, the guard battles were already made with the signings of Ramirez and Larson. Nobody is bitching, why do you immediately take it this way? its just discussions. Lighten up francis.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They got a great player in whitehair, we will get Amos comparisons to the player we get today in the fourth for the genius move, but you are talking playmakers in either TE Henry or RB Henry, weapons. like you said, the guard battles were already made with the signings of Ramirez and Larson. Nobody is bitching, why do you immediately take it this way? its just discussions. Lighten up francis.

Probably because all you do is bitch. Guess I just expect it now.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably because all you do is bitch. Guess I just expect it now.

Well, not over the past few days, I thought we actually were having conversations.

Xulu Bak

Hoopla Cash
$ 148.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am just thinking that THE choice was Conklin. Thats what forced the move to get their second choice.

Its simply the fact we lost the chance for Spriggs, Heisman Henry, and Thompson.

Whitehair was graded higher than Spriggs by virtually everyone. Granted, Whitehair is almost certainly a guard, whereas Spriggs might be able to stay outside, but the latter has a major hole in his game right now. I'm not big on drafting "guards" on days 1-2, but I'd much rather have Whitehair + two 4ths than Spriggs.

Henry? Meh. RB is one of the best value positions entering the 4th. Lotsa good options, headlined by Howard.

Thompson in the 2nd? No thanks. There are comparable safety prospects still available.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whitehair was graded higher than Spriggs by virtually everyone. Granted, Whitehair is almost certainly a guard, whereas Spriggs might be able to stay outside, but the latter has a major hole in his game right now. I'm not big on drafting "guards" on days 1-2, but I'd much rather have Whitehair + two 4ths than Spriggs.

Henry? Meh. RB is one of the best value positions entering the 4th. Lotsa good options, headlined by Howard.

Thompson in the 2nd? No thanks. There are comparable safety prospects still available.

Yup. Slow, poor tackler, bad angles. SS at best.

Xulu Bak

Hoopla Cash
$ 148.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. Slow, poor tackler, bad angles. SS at best.

This is an absolutely terrible safety class. Thompson should be a mid day 3 pick, just like the three other safeties that went after Bell.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly...nobody knows who will do what. I completely understand the mixed feelings about Floyd, (tho most said the same about Kyle Long) but after that, I highly doubt any of us are better suited to determine who to pick over the Bears' brass. We can play armchair GM all we want, but to me, if yer complaining in later rounds, yer just bitching to bitch and will never be happy.

I agree with Xulu, drafting Henry would've pissed me off. Contrary to what folks here seem to think, it is not a big enough of a need to draft a RB that high.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been quite on the draft so far... because WE DON'T KNOW! And won't for a long time. It's a waste of time to be pissed off. (And I honestly don't understand why anyone is pissed at Pace??) he's done exactly what he said he'd do. Draft BPA (based on his reports) And add Talent regardless of position.

Bears fans: WE NEED TO move up in the draft!! Get a PLAYMAKER!!!
Pace: Trades up in the first for speed pass rusher
Some Fans: BOOOO!!! He's skinny and not worth a 4th round pick!!! BOOOO!!

Fans: We should trade down and get more picks, We need depth at all positions!!!
Pace: Trades down in 2nd gains back his 4th, picks up an additional 4th rd pick, and more next year...
Some Fans: BOOO!!! What the hell is he doing? We should have taken...so-n-so he was right there!!

Fans: I like that they are going BPA... it's the only way they should do it.
Pace: Selects consensus highest rated OL on board in 2nd... (*even after adding 2 picks in trading down)
Some fans: BOOOO! What they hell? WE don't need guards! We need to draft what we need!! <??? Wait what? same guy just said BPA was good? :L

The draft is fun to watch and it's interesting, but we ALL have to take a breath and just wait and see... it's possible Pace just drafted 3 future HOFers...OR 3 busts that will be out of the league in 2 years. JUST Like the Packers, cowboys, Jax...every team. Can anyone tell me the team that was said to have "WON" the draft on draft day last year? Didn't think so.

I've said it before and will say again... whoever they draft today... someone will be pissed about it. I'm really going to laugh when they pick Conner Cook. (A strong armed QB, who comes off as an asshole and has perception problems)
:dhd:

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, the Bears are really loading up on LBs. Drafted two, and signed two free agents. Something tells me Houston and/or Young will be playing more DE this year.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see good CB, S, ILB, & RB in the later rounds... Nice.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, the Bears are really loading up on LBs. Drafted two, and signed two free agents. Something tells me Houston and/or Young will be playing more DE this year.

Well, we are a 3-4 now, which means we need more LBs than we are used to.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pace seems to be making a lot of trades to get the players he wants where they are valued and gets more picks in the process. This is one thing the Emery and Angelo just sucked at. They wouldn't bother trading down they would just reach for players a round or sometimes two rounds too early.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, we are a 3-4 now, which means we need more LBs than we are used to.
I understand that, but with McPhee and this new kid as edge rushers, I think it would be wise to move Houston in to DE. There is a reason we paid him and it's because he has talent. He also has the size to play a 3-4 DE.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand that, but with McPhee and this new kid as edge rushers, I think it would be wise to move Houston in to DE. There is a reason we paid him and it's because he has talent. He also has the size to play a 3-4 DE.
I can see it.

I can also see him staying pat and there just being a solid rotation of players. I mean really, the OLB in a 3-4 can be an extra DE anyway.