• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2016 Alabama Football News Thread

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought that may be the case considering he hasn't been at practice the last 2 days and no explanation had been offered.

Probably ends up at Georgia next year.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saban updates missing CB Kendall Sheffield's status

Well he's not officially gone yet. I guess we'll see. Maybe it's just a family emergency and people are just looking for negative things to say.
Wouldn't surprise me in the least. Kendall not being at practice the last two days got more traction on Twitter than Harbaugh dismissing two players then pitching a fit in a press conference when asked about it. I can officially say, for sure, that Harbaugh isn't near the draw that anything to do with Saban is.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't surprise me in the least. Kendall not being at practice the last two days got more traction on Twitter than Harbaugh dismissing two players then pitching a fit in a press conference when asked about it. I can officially say, for sure, that Harbaugh isn't near the draw that anything to do with Saban is.

I have no idea what you are even talking about with Harbaugh. :lol:

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It sounds like he may be upset with his position on the depth chart.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saban updates missing CB Kendall Sheffield's status

Well he's not officially gone yet. I guess we'll see. Maybe it's just a family emergency and people are just looking for negative things to say.

I have a friend inside the University that said he has heard that Sheffield informed Saban he wants to leave for Georgia to play for Kirby. This is not confirmed by any means, but this "friend" stated he has friends in the AD that said they heard Saban talking about it to another coach. Just thought I would share some of what i am hearing.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He gone, heading to JuCo.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why JuCo? Looks like he go to a number of D1 programs and probably play sooner than later.

He'll have to sit out a year. He'll end up playing at a D1 program in 2017. Hell, he could even end up back at Alabama technically.

I believe another D1 program could go ahead and take him, but he wouldn't be able to play and he would still lose a year of eligibility in order to meet the residency rules. He's already burned his redshirt, so can't do that.

He also can't transfer directly to a SEC school because he was only released to anywhere but the SEC.

But he can go to JuCo for a year, play, get recruited by everyone, including the SEC and end up wherever he wants to go.

That's how I understand it anyway.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'll have to sit out a year. He'll end up playing at a D1 program in 2017. Hell, he could even end up back at Alabama technically.

I believe another D1 program could go ahead and take him, but he wouldn't be able to play and he would still lose a year of eligibility in order to meet the residency rules. He's already burned his redshirt, so can't do that.

He also can't transfer directly to a SEC school because he was only released to anywhere but the SEC.

But he can go to JuCo for a year, play, get recruited by everyone, including the SEC and end up wherever he wants to go.

That's how I understand it anyway.
Makes sense, I wasn't thinking about him being able to play right away in JuCo.

bamafan4evr12

Rising Tide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes sense, I wasn't thinking about him being able to play right away in JuCo.
I read on another board that people were in his ear about how he should be starting. Yet there were players in camp who were performing better than him...

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read some play by play on the scrimmage today.

QBs:

Barnett was falling apart. So many turnovers.

Bateman had a pick six and I didn't hear very much about him other than a few completed passes.

Hurts was tearing shit up.

WR didn't help much, they dropped a good bit of passes.

Defense was nasty. Anthony Averett made some big plays, they got a few pick sixes and fumbles returned for TD off Barnett.

Griffith missed at least 1 FG.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on what I read today, Hurts is in the lead for starting.

I don't know if the guy was just only updating on Hurts or what, but it seems like he was getting 70% of the load by himself. I'm guessing that can't be 100% accurate and he's just putting out the significant plays, most of which feature Hurts doing well and the other 2 not doing so well. Bateman has been average and as I mentioned above, Barnett has tons of turnovers.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since posting:

Bateman had a nice pass completed, and a few others completed. Apparently all check downs, which kind of sucks but I know that's the shit Saban likes to see.

Barnett just threw yet another pick 6 to eddie jackson(70 yard return). I think he may be out of this race after today.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I'm going to get on the hurts train with a strong realization that Bateman will probably start.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now Hurts throws a pick and Griffith misses another FG.

Fuck, I hope our defense is stacked.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saban in the after game interview said all 3 QB's were still in play. We'll see.

He talked about how we won in the past without a QB "winning the game" for us, but rather what was most important was they didn't "lose the game" either.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I guess Saban addresses people at the scrimmage after and the guy who gave all those updates above mentioned this:

Something saban mentioned to my group after the press conference. It went something like this " if lane had his way we would be playing the younger guy no questions , he has more to offer". The. He changed the subject quick. Was interesting but at this point someone has to win the team and Tim Williams loves hurts. Was slapping the ass and smacking the helmet all day.

So Lane wants Hurts. But the same guy still thinks Bateman will start.

If the kid can win the job over the other 2, I'm perfectly fine with it. I don't think we'd be starting a true freshman because our other QB's suck, I think we'd be doing it because he is so good.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

bamafan4evr12

Rising Tide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I guess Saban addresses people at the scrimmage after and the guy who gave all those updates above mentioned this:

So Lane wants Hurts. But the same guy still thinks Bateman will start.

If the kid can win the job over the other 2, I'm perfectly fine with it. I don't think we'd be starting a true freshman because our other QB's suck, I think we'd be doing it because he is so good.

@4down20 you and I read the same thing from the same guy on the same website :eek:

But yeah from what I understand right now Bateman will start against USC and Hurts will get some plays. If he tears it up and wins the team over then he'll be the starter.

It sounds like he wants to see who the team believes in the most and that guy may very well be Hurts and he's going to make it so he has to play Hurts.

I'm okay with whoever because Saban gets paid millions to make these decisions. It does sound like Barnett may be out of it now.

The defense is going to be sick though. The secondary may be the strength of the team this year