• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2016 Alabama Football News Thread

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@4down20 you and I read the same thing from the same guy on the same website :eek:

But yeah from what I understand right now Bateman will start against USC and Hurts will get some plays. If he tears it up and wins the team over then he'll be the starter.

It sounds like he wants to see who the team believes in the most and that guy may very well be Hurts and he's going to make it so he has to play Hurts.

I'm okay with whoever because Saban gets paid millions to make these decisions. It does sound like Barnett may be out of it now.

The defense is going to be sick though. The secondary may be the strength of the team this year

That guy seems legit. I don't very often open that thread, but I occasionally open the last page to see what the topic is. Was pretty pleased to see him giving scrimmage updates.

Closest thing to a football game in so many months, I was hitting refresh like crazy waiting for the next update.

bamafan4evr12

Rising Tide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That guy seems legit. I don't very often open that thread, but I occasionally open the last page to see what the topic is. Was pretty pleased to see him giving scrimmage updates.

Closest thing to a football game in so many months, I was hitting refresh like crazy waiting for the next update.
Same here. I trust his word. I was in Nashville today visiting a buddy of mine and we went to the Titans preseason game and I read about 12 pages worth of updates during halftime lol I haven't been this excited about a freshman since may be Julio...and that's saying a lot considering how I've been excited about a lot of freshmen over the last several years

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ryan Anderson on this year's team's potential: "I don't get into potential. I played with a lot of guys in high school that had potential."

tumblr_mg0pioIJ9i1qhd3o9o1_500.gif

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OL shuffle is probably to get guys some experience in other places just in case. Looks like Bateman will start a week from today with Hurts coming in for some series...hopefully after next Saturday we settle on one of them.

That's what I was thinking about OL. I can't see us changing things up at this point, but I guess you never know.

I don't even care about the QB race anymore, tired of hearing about it. I'll cheer for whoever is taking the snaps.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Cam and Hootie having the charges dropped and now Shank was found not guilty - did we have any legitimate arrests this offseason?

bamafan4evr12

Rising Tide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw on another forum that a guy posted some secondhand info from an insider that Barnett will start Saturday and it's kiffin's call.

I personally won't believe it till I see it. I've said all summer that unless Barnett or Hurts are just worlds better than Bateman and Bateman royally fucks up, then Bateman will take the first snap on Saturday night. I still think it's Bateman starting at this point. 2 more days!!

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game is up on youtube.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
forgot to mention, they announced the people who made the practice team for the arizona cardinals the other day, and Coker didn't even manage to make the practice squad.

Instead, they signed Murray from Georgia and some other dude I never heard of before.

Kind of sucks for him, was hoping he would at least make a practice squad.

theSabanator20

A mellow fellow
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
forgot to mention, they announced the people who made the practice team for the arizona cardinals the other day, and Coker didn't even manage to make the practice squad.

Instead, they signed Murray from Georgia and some other dude I never heard of before.

Kind of sucks for him, was hoping he would at least make a practice squad.

Makes you wonder how Kiffin turns guys like Coker and Sims into All-SEC QBs.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes you wonder how Kiffin turns guys like Coker and Sims into All-SEC QBs.

Hey, you gotta change your avi for that bet. You are going to get pummeled if you don't.

Kiffin does a good job, but he has a lot to work with too. Still, have to wonder if he could have turned AJ into a 1st round draft pick given the others.

theSabanator20

A mellow fellow
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, you gotta change your avi for that bet. You are going to get pummeled if you don't.

Kiffin does a good job, but he has a lot to work with too. Still, have to wonder if he could have turned AJ into a 1st round draft pick given the others.
Trying to find the damn thread... I've looked through 6 pages and haven't seen it. Why isn't it stickied?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trying to find the damn thread... I've looked through 6 pages and haven't seen it. Why isn't it stickied?

I see you found it, who the fuck did you lose a bet with?

theSabanator20

A mellow fellow
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see you found it, who the fuck did you lose a bet with?

Chewbaccer. Georgia fan. Had a bet and picked UNC straight up.... I was close, but the 4th quarter was bad to me.

Not sure why the dude picked Prothro breaking his leg.... ANYTHING less morbid could have worked. Like, ANYTHING. Most avis are supposed to be funny. But oh well.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chewbaccer. Georgia fan. Had a bet and picked UNC straight up.... I was close, but the 4th quarter was bad to me.

Not sure why the dude picked Prothro breaking his leg.... ANYTHING less morbid could have worked. Like, ANYTHING. Most avis are supposed to be funny. But oh well.

Yeah.

Hey @Chewbaccer - you got anything for him that doesn't make me want to puke?

:gaah: