• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

T'Official 2016 - 2017 NFL thread

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Strike up the music the band has begun
The Pennsylvania Polka.
Pick out your partner and join in the fun
The Pennsylvania Polka.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Strike up the music the band has begun
The Pennsylvania Polka.
Pick out your partner and join in the fun
The Pennsylvania Polka.

I love how the body language of the Ravens player is like "WHOA!! What did I just watch?!?!"

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
The Jimmy can fly

CwtaSG0XUAAQcpa.jpg

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man did the Bills ever get bent over and penetrated by the zebras at the end of the first half. That was a fucking joke.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man did the Bills ever get bent over and penetrated by the zebras at the end of the first half. That was a fucking joke.
Yeah, and to have the NFL's head of officials tweet before the game is over that they missed the roughing the kicker...well, I don't think I've ever seen that before the game is even over.

So what started as a 53 yard attempt then should have become a 38, became a 48 because of the missed roughing the kicker. He then makes it but it goes back to a 53 because the officials forgot to reset the play clock. Unreal.

The Bills shouldn't have let it come down to that field goal anyhow - that is, they would have been able to kick for OT at the end instead - especially with how well the offense played, but when you're a 4-4 team fighting for your playoff lives, that hurts.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, and to have the NFL's head of officials tweet before the game is over that they missed the roughing the kicker...well, I don't think I've ever seen that before the game is even over.

So what started as a 53 yard attempt then should have become a 38, became a 48 because of the missed roughing the kicker. He then makes it but it goes back to a 53 because the officials forgot to reset the play clock. Unreal.

The Bills shouldn't have let it come down to that field goal anyhow - that is, they would have been able to kick for OT at the end instead - especially with how well the offense played, but when you're a 4-4 team fighting for your playoff lives, that hurts.
Rex was furious and he had every right to be. That was horse shit.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with both sides screaming this call is the right call and that call is the wrong call, i sometimes find it hard to get to what is the truth (thanks Donald Trump!)

on that play to end the half ... sherman touched the ball first before he contacted the kicker ... does that not negate the roughing the kicker call? and some are saying well thats a dead ball on the offsides ... the refs didnt blow the play dead ... no whistle ? :noidea:

I have no clue what the ref standing over the ball until 5 second was left on the play clock was about though :L

buffhockey

When the musics over
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't you try to block a kick by going where the flight of the ball should be, with your arms out-stretched and not the the plant leg of kicker?

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know it's pretty bad when NFL refs appear to be doing a worse job than CFL refs.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with both sides screaming this call is the right call and that call is the wrong call, i sometimes find it hard to get to what is the truth (thanks Donald Trump!)

on that play to end the half ... sherman touched the ball first before he contacted the kicker ... does that not negate the roughing the kicker call? and some are saying well thats a dead ball on the offsides ... the refs didnt blow the play dead ... no whistle ? :noidea:

I have no clue what the ref standing over the ball until 5 second was left on the play clock was about though :L
It's very hard to tell if he actually even hit the ball. He appears to run right past the ball and go straight for Carpenter's legs instead, contacting him before he touches the ball, if he gets the ball at all.

If he hadn't been offsides, touching the ball before the kicker would negate roughing the kicker, but given that it was committing a foul in the first place that put him in that position, and since it would be a personal foul, I don't think it's negated by the block.

But yeah, that's on the refs to blow the whistle - assuming they didn't since nobody seemed to hear one - when it's clear that not doing so is putting a player in danger. Just like if a defensive lineman jumps to the point of being completely clear of the blockers they don't give the free play because of safety of the QB.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's very hard to tell if he actually even hit the ball. He appears to run right past the ball and go straight for Carpenter's legs instead, contacting him before he touches the ball, if he gets the ball at all.

If he hadn't been offsides, touching the ball before the kicker would negate roughing the kicker, but given that it was committing a foul in the first place that put him in that position, and since it would be a personal foul, I don't think it's negated by the block.

But yeah, that's on the refs to blow the whistle - assuming they didn't since nobody seemed to hear one - when it's clear that not doing so is putting a player in danger. Just like if a defensive lineman jumps to the point of being completely clear of the blockers they don't give the free play because of safety of the QB.

what?
CwtyPbNUAAEdhKN.jpg:large

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if anything i think sherman is trying to avoid the knees but the way he goes in how can he avoid them

Cwvv0XEWEAQ_GvL.jpg

Last edited:

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hadn't seen those stills, just the videos. Fair enough, he gets the ball first. I'm still pretty sure it wouldn't negate the personal foul because he only got there by committing a penalty in the first place.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hadn't seen those stills, just the videos. Fair enough, he gets the ball first. I'm still pretty sure it wouldn't negate the personal foul because he only got there by committing a penalty in the first place.

if the play was blown dead for the offside penalty ... sure ... but strangely it wasnt :noidea:

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure how the rule would actually handle the fact that Sherman touched the ball before the kicker did. Not sure that the rule really contemplates that scenario.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
at least she didnt say she'd lynch him :noidea:

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82