• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

T'Official 2016 - 2017 NFL thread

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams drive chart

PUNT
PUNT
PUNT
INT
PUNT
PUNT
PUNT
PUNT
PUNT
PUNT
INT
PUNT
TURNOVER ON DOWNS
FEAR GABBERT! CARLOS HYDE FOR MVP! IN CHIP WE TRUST!

/Check this space next week for unfiltered disgust and vitriol after the Panthers tune them.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bills lost again last night, got to think Rex ryan's seat is a bit hot this morning.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buffalo Bills > Saskatchewan Roughriders
Except maybe on the football field.

I'm not the most passionate NFL guy but given how hard the Bills and the NFL (and, to a point, Rogers) tried pushing the Bills as "Toronto's NFL team" it is kinda nice to see that they're going to continue being awful forever.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except maybe on the football field.

I'm not the most passionate NFL guy but given how hard the Bills and the NFL (and, to a point, Rogers) tried pushing the Bills as "Toronto's NFL team" it is kinda nice to see that they're going to continue being awful forever.
Oddly enough, that entire effort was an attempt to help make them slightly less awful. The thought was that by trying to regionalize the team a bit more - not to mention the $$ that Rogers was shelling out - they could increase revenues and be able to spend more to make the team competitive.

They've got an uber-rich owner now, so they don't need to do that anymore. Not that either approach is working.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oddly enough, that entire effort was an attempt to help make them slightly less awful. The thought was that by trying to regionalize the team a bit more - not to mention the $$ that Rogers was shelling out - they could increase revenues and be able to spend more to make the team competitive.

They've got an uber-rich owner now, so they don't need to do that anymore. Not that either approach is working.
Forbes list had the Bills as the least valuable franchise in the NFL yesterday. I doubt the team is losing money at this point but given where they are and how far they quite clearly still need to go I wonder how long Pegula is going to be content with pumping money into a team that is flat revenue-wise. That doubles if the Sabres don't start contending soon.

That'll fix a 37 point shredding!!
I guess they could fire the defensive coordinator but...

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Forbes list had the Bills as the least valuable franchise in the NFL yesterday. I doubt the team is losing money at this point but given where they are and how far they quite clearly still need to go I wonder how long Pegula is going to be content with pumping money into a team that is flat revenue-wise. That doubles if the Sabres don't start contending soon.
interesting bit of trivia... Every single NFL team is profitable before a single ticket is sold.
That's what a good TV deal can do for a league.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That'll fix a 37 point shredding!!

I guess they could fire the defensive coordinator but...

Rob Ryan has only been around for two games, so even without the relation its easy to understand why he's not at risk... yet.

Roman was here last year too, so there was less excuse. And the offense has been pitiful. Take away the two long bombs - great plays, for sure, though one wasn't called - and they scored only 10 points on offense, 7 of them in garbage time. Add that to one of the worst offensive performances in the team's history, and it's not hard to see why he got canned.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dak on the other hand...

Cowboy fans have huge boners this morning.

My Redskins fan brother in law is despondent.

If only RGIII could have won his game yesterday. Would have provided many lols for this foggy Monday morning.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

reminded me of this a lil bit