• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

T'Official 2016 - 2017 NFL thread

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do they though? They have some guys at the NHL level making a contribution (Eichel, Reinhart, Risto) and they grabbed younger Nylander at the draft this year but beyond that can you name a Sabres prospect that stands out?

Forward Rasmus Asplund of Sweden and defenseman Casey Fitzgerald of the States have looked pretty good at the WJHC tourney in addition to Nylander. That said, I agree that the Sabres should be higher in the standings than they currently are.

/Maybe they would be if they would have landed McJesus instead of Eichel?

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forward Rasmus Asplund of Sweden and defenseman Casey Fitzgerald of the States have looked pretty good at the WJHC tourney in addition to Nylander. That said, I agree that the Sabres should be higher in the standings than they currently are.

/Maybe they would be if they would have landed McJesus instead of Eichel?
They might be alright, but both are 2016 picks. Where are the 2012-2015 guys making progress? Even the guys they've used as trade bait - anyone seen Brendan Lemieux lately? Joe Sakic would like to know when the real Zadorov and Grigorenko will show up.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They might be alright, but both are 2016 picks. Where are the 2012-2015 guys making progress? Even the guys they've used as trade bait - anyone seen Brendan Lemieux lately? Joe Sakic would like to know when the real Zadorov and Grigorenko will show up.

Also, anybody seen Zemgus Girgensons lately?!? I guess it just highlights at times outside of the top 5 how much a crap shoot the draft can be. Flames got very lucky with Johnny Gaudreau and this Tkachuk kid looks like he's going to be a good one. That said, we need Moneyhands to find the magic touch once again.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, anybody seen Zemgus Girgensons lately?!? I guess it just highlights at times outside of the top 5 how much a crap shoot the draft can be. Flames got very lucky with Johnny Gaudreau and this Tkachuk kid looks like he's going to be a good one. That said, we need Moneyhands to find the magic touch once again.
He may have filled a garbage bag with gas for me in North Tonawanda the other day.

On a related note, carbon taxes can eat a bag of dicks. Like it wasn't already expensive enough to live here.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He may have filled a garbage bag with gas for me in North Tonawanda the other day.

On a related note, carbon taxes can eat a bag of dicks. Like it wasn't already expensive enough to live here.

I think I saw $1.35 a litre in Burnaby this morning ($1.23 on the island) - Albertans are calling for Notley's head, it's a fine start to 2017 (lol)

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I saw $1.35 a litre in Burnaby this morning ($1.23 on the island) - Albertans are calling for Notley's head, it's a fine start to 2017 (lol)
I saw $1.20 outside the city yesterday.

Can't wait to see the price of food and other goods rise. Not to mention the hydro and gas bills.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bills will continue to be a tire fire until such time as they can their GM. He's a disaster.

Every time a coaching vacancy comes up (far too often) they talk about big name guys who've actually won something in the past (fuck you Rex), but they're never willing to hand over personnel control. Top tier coaches want that and they can't get it in Buffalo. Until then it's going to be inexperienced or retread coaches. And it's going to continue - figuratively speaking - to be EJ Manuel in the first round and paying way too much for Sammy Watkins.

As for the Sabres... Well, I don't know there. We weren't expecting a contender yet this year, but we were expecting to at least make a reasonable improvement over last season. Not the completely uninspired pile of shit that was those last two games against the Bruins. I was on record saying I felt Bylsma was a bad hire when they did it in the first place, and I stand by that. However, I'm not advocating firing him either - yet. I don't think there's a solution right now other than time, so I don't think a coaching change does anything other than make coaches and players even less likely to want to be there.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bills were the only franchise to have a dildo thrown on the field during a game this season. That alone sums up the state of the franchise. I don't know how the Sabres can top that but I have faith in their fan base they will find a way.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bills were the only franchise to have a dildo thrown on the field during a game this season. That alone sums up the state of the franchise. I don't know how the Sabres can top that but I have faith in their fan base they will find a way.

I can't be too hard on Sabres fans, I like the fact that they sing both the Canadian and American anthems regardless of the two teams playing.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That said, when you start cheering for or celebrating losses (Oilers fans know this quite well over the past decade), that's sometimes what you end up getting.

Last edited:

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FleshLight?

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not that carbon taxes exist in a vacuum but countries that tax emissions in some form or other include: Sweden, Norway, Finland, Denmark, Switzerland and Ireland among others. Pretty much a who's who of healthy economies. And all places where it's more expensive to live. I have no problem with gas prices going up. Home utilities? There I take an issue as some families could be really hurt here.

I'm not saying that it WILL work but a track record of economic success is there. I'm willing to give it a chance. Something needs to make 90% of my Albertan neighbors pull their heads out and realize that economic diversity is sorely needed in this province.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NEW YORK — Former Washington Redskins quarterback Joe Theismann isn't happy with the San Francisco 49ers' decision to give Colin Kaepernick an award for "inspirational and courageous" player.

Theismann noted the team's 2-14 record during an appearance on Fox News on Tuesday and questioned what Kaepernick has inspired. He said, "Everybody has the right to express their opinion, but not in the workplace.

Theismann slams Kaepernick award - Article - TSN

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NEW YORK — Former Washington Redskins quarterback Joe Theismann isn't happy with the San Francisco 49ers' decision to give Colin Kaepernick an award for "inspirational and courageous" player.

Theismann noted the team's 2-14 record during an appearance on Fox News on Tuesday and questioned what Kaepernick has inspired. He said, "Everybody has the right to express their opinion, but not in the workplace.

Theismann slams Kaepernick award - Article - TSN

Theismann called on the NFL to adopt a policy requiring players to stand for the anthem.

Hey Joe, go fuck yourself.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Theismann called on the NFL to adopt a policy requiring players to stand for the anthem.

Hey Joe, go fuck yourself.

List.gif.3aa52caff2850528f99f75ad03fa3b74.gif

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If i gave LT $50, you think hed be interested in making theismann never be able to stand for another anthem?

/asking for poonerman