• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2014 Big 10 Tournament Thread.

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With all the SportsHoopla (no pun intended) surrounding Michigan and Wisconsin coming into the tourney, I will not be shocked in the least if neither team makes the finals.

nor would I.
Dance-bound B1Gs should look at the Tourney as 'good game-time experience' - great to win, but not devastating to lose (unless -horrors- injuries happen.)
that being said, I think JB's got his kids in a "twist the knife" mode - confident assassins with a few more kills to tally before doing the Mad.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nor would I.
Dance-bound B1Gs should look at the Tourney as 'good game-time experience' - great to win, but not devastating to lose (unless -horrors- injuries happen.)
that being said, I think JB's got his kids in a "twist the knife" mode - confident assassins with a few more kills to tally before doing the Mad.

right.. given that we're a 5, I'd say we were done before we started. I don't wanna see them play all 4 anyways. Too much. Win one, maybe two if we can catch Nebraska on a bad day. Besides that, we're not getting any better. Being quick and good on defense is all we have anyways.

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
consider it really intense 'practice time' on a neutral court...

right.. given that we're a 5, I'd say we were done before we started. I don't wanna see them play all 4 anyways. Too much. Win one, maybe two if we can catch Nebraska on a bad day. Besides that, we're not getting any better. Being quick and good on defense is all we have anyways.

amen braddah! whoever wins the useless commercial extravaganza otherwise known as the B1G Tourney will have to play 4 games in 4 days or 3 games in 3 days...on the eve of the Madness!?! Lunacy! Reckless idiotic suicidal wasteful overkill (do you get the idea that I don't like the Tourney?) that culminates only 2 fuckn days before the Dance begins (4 days before R64.)

at least Barbasol, Case Tractors, State Farm and 5 fuckn Hour Energy ads, et al, will cop good viewing numbers...and Indy cops an economic bump...yay for that, I guess.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First round I got osu, penn st, iowa, illini ,qiartets ill take michigan, wisky, nebraska, ioea. Title game wisky, michigan. Eisky ftw.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Picks for 1st round:

Indiana, tOSU, Minny, and Iowa

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Indiana, OSU, Minny and Iowa for me as well

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take Illinois, Ohio St, Minnesota, and Iowa in the first round. I'll take Illinois, Ohio St, Minnesota and Michigan St in the quarterfinals. I'll take Ohio St and Michigan St in the semifinals. I'll take Michigan St to win it all.

Yes, going out on a limb with some of picks.

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
groan...well, it's good practice for the Dance, right?

I've got Illinois, Ohio State, Minnesota and Iowa in the first round; Michigan, Ohio State, Wisconsin and MSU in the second round; MSU beats Michigan for the tin crown.

State gets to beat Iowa for the third time* this season, exact revenge on Bucky and 'smear them some skunkbear.'

:yahoo:

(* as of yesterday's bracketologies, Iowa looks to get a 4th chance at MSU in the round of 32.)

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and if that ^^^(winning the B1G T)^^^ happens, MSU will bow in R64. s'highly doubtful Payne's legs/feet; Harris' ankle; Appling's wrist and Dawson's 'attention' will maintain through three tough games in three days. gawd I hate the fuckn B1G Tourney!

Last edited by a moderator:

wiskyisgood12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does iowa need to beat NW to make the tournament? A loss there and I think they'd be sweating selection Sunday a bit.

I agree with you. A loss to Northwestern and they're probably sweating bullets on Selection Sunday. They just need to win, get themselves out of the slump they've been in.

I think Indiana finds a way to get past Illinois. Ohio State fairly easily over Purdue. Minnesota, but I think Penn State makes it a tight game. A desperate Iowa hangs on, and barely gets a win.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So couple qustions. Can illini or hoosiers get an at large simply by making it to the b10 titlr game? Is minnesota in need of 2 wins? Can badgers get a 1 seed if they win the tourney? How high can iowa rise in seedinf if they win the tourney? Same question for the huskers. I think indiana,needs to win the title the illini on the other hand I think can get in just by making the finals. Minny needs 2. Wisky should be a 1 if they win the tournet and I still think iowa can get to a 5/6 seed if they win it. Going to be fun

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So couple qustions. Can illini or hoosiers get an at large simply by making it to the b10 titlr game? Is minnesota in need of 2 wins? Can badgers get a 1 seed if they win the tourney? How high can iowa rise in seedinf if they win the tourney? Same question for the huskers. I think indiana,needs to win the title the illini on the other hand I think can get in just by making the finals. Minny needs 2. Wisky should be a 1 if they win the tournet and I still think iowa can get to a 5/6 seed if they win it. Going to be fun

Agreed in terms of IU, our OOC was horrible and we have too many bad losses to get in anyway other than winning the tourny.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take Indy and osu in the morning games and Penn St and Iowa in the A'noon.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

According to Badger fans, Wisconsin doesn't want to be a 1 seed, remember?

That's why they "didn't even try" when they played in Lincoln.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

IU and UI both need to win it imo to get in. Nebraska and Iowa are in the same boat in terms of ceiling if either of them wins it. I'd say a 7 seed is about the ceiling for both iowa and Nebraska. Agree that Minnesota needs two wins to feel safe. Wisconsin needs help from nova if they want a 1 seed. If both win out nova is getting a 1 seed.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wisky had a 7 point lead in the 2nd half.

They were playing for the 1 seed.....but the PBA got them.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Logical. That's why Iowa lost an extra 5 or 6 games.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Always with the cockamamie bullshit excuses and reasoning when we beat them at anything. It's hilarious.

wiskyisgood12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I can't and won't speak for all Badger fans, but never did I say, "Wisconsin doesn't want to be a 1 seed"..that's the dumbest thing I've ever read on this site. I've stated the 1 seed was far fetched, and probably wouldn't have happened without a ton of help. You're an absolute fool if you don't think that game was far more important for Nebraska than it ever was for UW. There was a lot of emotion in that building, UW kept finding ways to respond to every punch that Nebraska through all 1st half, that stopped happening during the 2nd half. Nebraska got the game close, and you could tell that game meant everything to the Huskers.

To say we didn't try is absolute lunacy. We left a lot of points at the free throw line, that can't happen in the B1G tourney or the NCAA tourney

wiskyisgood12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always with the cockamamie bullshit excuses and reasoning when we beat them at anything. It's hilarious.

You've been in the damn conference all of 3 years, clearly there's been so many times when Nebraska has beat UW in soo many sports..there's such a track record of sheer dominance. Idiocy.