• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

T'official 2014-15 NFL thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
/tangent

seems like these are the end of days for Donald S ... marginalized by sportsnet ... coaches corner segments are shorter than ever ... id like to see him go off just one more time ... this could be his chance ...

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
/tangent

seems like these are the end of days for Donald S ... marginalized by sportsnet ... coaches corner segments are shorter than ever ... id like to see him go off just one more time ... this could be his chance ...

I cannot watch that clip. That woman permanently lost her sense of smell.

I wonder what he will tell us he told us about on this weeks Coaches Corner?

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cannot watch that clip. That woman permanently lost her sense of smell.

who? the woman who got hit with the basketball? DAMN!

/
last night:
ME: (showing my phone to wife and 6 year old son) "oh my god, you have to see this"
WIFE: "that poor lady!"
SON: *laughs*
ME and WIFE in unison: "you shouldnt be laughing ... she got hurt"
SON: "sorry"
ME: (takes the phone back and re-watches video) *laughs*

/like father like bastard son :thumb:

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My reaction:
WarmheartedBlackandwhiteGalapagossealion.gif

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Borland retires after 1 season citing a brain injury. The end of the NFL as we know it is upon us. This is going to become a trend (as it should). Either the NFL goes the way of boxing over the next 20-30 years or the sport is drastically different. I suggest you all buy low on soccer now and sell at a premium down the road.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Borland retires after 1 season citing a brain injury. The end of the NFL as we know it is upon us. This is going to become a trend (as it should). Either the NFL goes the way of boxing over the next 20-30 years or the sport is drastically different. I suggest you all buy low on soccer now and sell at a premium down the road.

I'd retire if I have to play for what is the 49ers now

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Did you ever watch "League of Denial" by chance? I remember watching that, being incredibly frustrated, and it hit me that perhaps football is our time's gladiators. The Romans were entertained watching these men fight each other, or beasts, etc. But then...over time...they became a bit more refined and realized, hey, maybe this stuff is a bit barbaric? Do you think in a hundred years football (as we know it) is viewed similarly? I feel like it might. It becomes one of those things where we go "jeez, why did we do THAT?" Heck, we could probably make a similar NFL-Rome analogy soon. The NFL is so big and powerful right now, that it thinks itself invincible. It survived Ray Rice this offseason, it's survived countless other arrests that are hastily covered up, why can't it survive this?! If they take that line, instead of choosing to make changes to the game (and I mean drastic changes), they could go the way of the Dodo. It's up to them. Make a change, or you'll lose the one thing you can't afford to lose: your supply of players. There are NCAA athletes already looking at this stuff and wondering if it's a good idea. The media coverage and internet make it impossible to ignore.

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd retire if I have to play for what is the 49ers now

It's been a rough off season for niner fans. That said I don't begrudge Borland (or Willis) for his decision. Good for him to have the foresight to be able to consider long term consequences and decide to walk away from the money and notoriety that accompany an NFL career.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't mind the Stevie Johnson signing. However NFL Network has the Chargers possibly taking Gordon or Gurley at 17. I don't believe in drafting RB's in the 1st round anymore. I'd prefer an OL, DT, OLB or a Safety at 17.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Report: Pegula not opposed to NFL franchise in Toronto - Article - TSN

Pegula says that in part of the process to vet his ownership bid, he was asked by the NFL about another franchise entering the Toronto market.

“And I believe I was asked that question when I was approved as an owner," Pegula said, "and it was an affirmative answer to the league. I said I would support it if Toronto had a franchise … There are a lot of people there.”

Well, then. Good to know. Someone call the Raiders/Chargers/Rams whichever team doesn't wind up in LA.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
zoinks!

One reporter who covers the Seahawks was a guest on ESPN Radio in Seattle's "Brock and Salk show" (via MyNorthwest.com) and is hearing that the two sides may be close to finalizing a deal and that it is going to be something we have never seen before.

"From what I've been told they're very close," Blount told the show. "They're just trying to make sure every single thing is in place before they go forward with this. I think it's going to be bigger and crazier and different from what any contract has ever been."

Ian Rapoport of the NFL Network recently reported that speculation around the NFL is that Wilson's entire contract will be fully guaranteed, something seen in other sports, but unheard of in the NFL.

"According to the people I've spoken to, it is not out of the realm of possibility that Russell Wilson will receive the first fully guaranteed contract extension for a quarterback -- something that is a rarity in the NFL -- not a rarity, it does not happen," Rapoport said on the NFL Network. "It simply does not happen, but in this case it really might happen and (Seahawks general manager) John Schneider has talked about it in the past, an unconventional type of contract."

If Wilson were to become the highest-paid player in the NFL and receive a fully guaranteed contract, we are talking about a contract with more than $125 million in guaranteed money, which would be twice as much guaranteed money as has ever been seen in a NFL contract.

It would be a game-changer.

And therein lies the problem for the NFL. If Wilson does get a fully guaranteed contract it could set a very expensive precedent that other owners may not want.

Status
Not open for further replies.